Rodger Saffold -Day to Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good. Our starting five look amazing. When we lost him, our OL definitely took a step back from elite to good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good. Our starting five look amazing. When we lost him, our OL definitely took a step back from elite to good.
That is true last week, but next Sunday the current group will have time to gel again (Blythe @ LG and Brown @ RG)

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I hope they prepare as if Saffold won't be playing, so that just in case Saffold is a no go, Brown and Blythe can gel with the rest of the Oline at their new positions.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
great news shifting Blythe to LG and starting Brown at RG is a big drop. Witt and Saffold make a devastating Left side. Get well soon Saffold

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is it.
It impacts two spots in a negative way if he can't go.
Your correct but....

I could look at it this way .....Kromer's more concerned with Jamon Browns rust & play & not as concerned with flipping our newest member starter Austin Blythe into a new left side OG post. Sure makes Blythe look priceless to Kromer. Maybe Kromer is letting Blythe take the starting LG post out for a 2019 test drive;).

fearsomefour

Legend
Your correct but....

I could look at it this way .....Kromer's more concerned with Jamon Browns rust & play & not as concerned with flipping our newest member starter Austin Blythe into a new left side OG post. Sure makes Blythe look priceless to Kromer. Maybe Kromer is letting Blythe take the starting LG post out for a 2019 test drive;).
I would hope they keep Saffold around. He is better than Blythe.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I would hope they keep Saffold around. He is better than Blythe.

While I agree, tough call next year as Saffold will be 31. I would like to extend him at the right price because I also think you would be an asset with the transition from Whit to Noteboom. Wonder what the plan is because if they pass on Saffold, then I could see Whittfield moving to LG next year with Noteboom to LT.

fearsomefour

Legend
While I agree, tough call next year as Saffold will be 31. I would like to extend him at the right price because I also think you would be an asset with the transition from Whit to Noteboom. Wonder what the plan is because if they pass on Saffold, then I could see Whittfield moving to LG next year with Noteboom to LT.
Don't see that in terms of Whitworth.

JackStraw

Rookie
The worse Rodger reacts to an ailment the more optimistic I am he'll return the next possession.

He has made strides over the years though. He used to react to a bruise as one would expect a player to react after being lit on fire.

He's my favorite OLman. Dude could play, dude has evolved. Only OL with a better Ram's legacy over past two decades is Pope Orlando LXXVI

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Would like to see both Saffold and Whitworth extended. Paramount factor for me is their play on the field.

Ram65

Legend
Day to day could mean two weeks I guess.

I would rather Saffold be playing as he is playing at a pro bowl level. The good from this is Brown gets some PT just in case he is needed down the road. Hope Saffold is playing soon.

JackStraw

Rookie
Day to day could mean two weeks I guess.

I would rather Saffold be playing as he is playing at a pro bowl level. The good from this is Brown gets some PT just in case he is needed down the road. Hope Saffold is playing soon.
Rest him vs lowly niners. Let Brown get some reps because chances of him having to play in playoffs i would wager to be close to 50%.