Robinson highest graded offensive player yesterday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Atta boy. Aside from that brutal holding call where the defender took a dive to get an easy flag, I didn't notice Greg much. Which is usually good. The centre and guards were the major weaknesses on the line. And Havenstein on a few plays. Would like to see all offensive grades.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Atta boy. Aside from that brutal holding call where the defender took a dive to get an easy flag, I didn't notice Greg much. Which is usually good. The centre and guards were the major weaknesses on the line. And Havenstein on a few plays. Would like to see all offensive grades.
I don't see how Barnes and Wicman haven't been benched. Because in my opinion they have been worse then Robinson

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Barnes is a warrior and a hustling machine. Yes, we can upgrade the position, but the dood plays and doesn't make dumb mistakes. Doesn't mean he doesn't get outplayed sometimes, but I don't think we see Barnes making the dumb mistakes.

I could be totally wrong, but when we see hustle plays and smart OL plays, it's almost always Barnes at the bottom of the pile or the guy downfield making the play.

Bruce2980

Starter
Barnes is a warrior and a hustling machine. Yes, we can upgrade the position, but the dood plays and doesn't make dumb mistakes. Doesn't mean he doesn't get outplayed sometimes, but I don't think we see Barnes making the dumb mistakes.

I could be totally wrong, but when we see hustle plays and smart OL plays, it's almost always Barnes at the bottom of the pile or the guy downfield making the play.
Ha, Barnes had roller skates on yesterday, my 10 year old son could push that guy around.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

U can't be talking about the same Barnes... Its not yes we can upgrade its we must upgrade... I don't think I would want him as a back up.. Him or wicman

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Great to see. Robinson has been so much better this year. Happy to see him get recognition, as I've been one of his biggest defenders this season. I've went on record a few times saying his (low) PFF numbers don't tell the full story this year. So it'd be hypocritical of me to suddenly point to his high grade on Sunday as proof of his improved play. But I really do think he has taken steps forward this season. Good to see him get some props.

And Barnes needs to sit. Since the injury he has been awful. Just pitiful. I appreciate the willingness to sacrifice the body. But you can't tell me Rhaney would be worse right now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Great to see. Robinson has been so much better this year. Happy to see him get recognition, as I've been one of his biggest defenders this season. I've went on record a few times saying his (low) PFF numbers don't tell the full story this year. So it'd be hypocritical of me to suddenly point to his high grade on Sunday as proof of his improved play. But I really do think he has taken steps forward this season. Good to see him get some props.

And Barnes needs to sit. Since the injury he has been awful. Just pitiful. I appreciate the willingness to sacrifice the body. But you can't tell me Rhaney would be worse right now.

Penalties aside, I've said the same. He's not where he needs to be, but he's slowly improving.

TexasRam

Legend
Good to hear.

I'll gladly go back and review the game tonight to see if Robinson did in fact show improvement. I'll post my findings.

Not to be a Debbie downer but he wasn't exactly facing a pro bowler at DE.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He's not where he needs to be, but he's slowly improving.

Sounds like a woman I dated in college said after I asked her how she and her boyfriend were doing?

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
I noticed him when was beaten like a drum by an old part time player in Chris Long who executed a slow spin move and got....as usual....Robinson all out of balance and a free run to the QB. Outside of that he wasn't bad.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Good for him. I thought the holding call was bogus, and didn't see the sack he gave up to Long. Maybe sitting him will spark him for the remainder of the season. Yesterday was a good start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Barnes hustles and plays hard, but he's a liability. I noticed him often. I notice him a lot on running plays. He tends to allow penetration when they ask him to do anything other than straight ahead power blocking.

As a pass protector, he isn't awful. But he gets pushed around a lot.

So he's more or less a mediocre pass blocker and a liability in the run game. We sorely need an upgrade there.

As for Greg, I noticed him when he gave up the sack to Long and got called for holding. The holding penalty was justified. Greg clearly grabbed the guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Good for GRob! There certainly wasn't much positive from the rest of the line yesterday.

Pape

UDFA
PFF grades, not sure i trust them.

The grades are out almost as soon as the game is over. How can that be? Maybe they have direct access to an all-22 type video feed of each game as they happen? Which is what they would need to make an almost adequate assessment of individual players.

That site has changed, and not for the better, since chris collinsworth bought it.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Why Fisher let Eric Kush go & kept Rhaney. He should be fired.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

I think he is playing hurt !!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Being the highest rated offensive player on the Rams last game is like having the best vision at the school for the blind... But I'm happy for him I guess.