Robert Quinn vs AD's Sack Totals

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really liked the player, Robert Quinn when he played for us. Until Aaron Donald was drafted, he was our best pass rusher. Four times in his career, he posted double digit sack totals, with 19 sacks in 2013. I was curious about Will Hayes and did not know he retired a couple of years ago, but then I was curious about Quinn. He is still on a roster for the Bears, or was in 2020. He has played for 10 years, with last year being his worst for sacks by only getting two sacks for 2020. Quinn has played in the NFL for 10 years and Aaron Donald has played for 7 years. They play different positions, DE/OLB vs DT, but do you think? Who has more sacks in his career?

Aaron Donald - 7 years, 5 of which had double digit sack totals. He has 85.5 sacks.

Robert Quinn - 10 years, 4 of which had double digit sack totals. He has 82.5 sacks.

I think AD could pass 100 sacks this year. I think Rob is about done and will never earn 100 sacks in his career.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's insane. And you know wrt the interior rusher types there have been some others that compare to Aaron but they don't have his staying power. The guy just works so hard and keeps himself at optimum shape. We're very fortunate to be able to see this guy in horns man. It's gonna be great to see him put that gold jacket on first year he's up for it too. :fistbump1:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's insane. And you know wrt the interior rusher types there have been some others that compare to Aaron but they don't have his staying power. The guy just works so hard and keeps himself at optimum shape. We're very fortunate to be able to see this guy in horns man. It's gonna be great to see him put that gold jacket on first year he's up for it too. :fistbump1:
AD has 131 tackles for loss . Quinn has 90 tackles for loss.

AD has 201 hits on the QB, while Quinn has 151 hits on the QB

AD has 247 solo tackles, while Quinn has 240 solo tackles.

AD has played in 110 of 112 regular season games. Quinn has played in 140 of 160 regular season games. Without looking at 2017, it may be because of the new contract year that AD missed those two games. He is an Iron Man.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
To be fair to Quinn, he never really recovered from the injuries he likely received as offensive tackles held him by the neck to prevent him from getting to the quarterback (which were obvious holding calls that should be called; AD has those as well).

Imagine a defense with AD, Quinn, Ramsey, and Floyd.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I've always felt that AD was even better in pressures than he was in the more obvious and openly tracked measurables. If you watch him play you see so many per game. They're getting better at tracking pressures but it's an eyeball stat in some ways and I feel like he is the most impacting in the league in that way.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Quinn's get off and bend around the edge early in his career was unbelievable. Maybe to a detriment as he never really developed any other great ways to attack other than with designed stunts. He was also constantly held around the neck on those bends.

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
I always liked Quinn. But, he kinda turned into a one trick pony in his later years with us. Always the same move. The guy was all effort. I hated to see him go.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I never thought the Mighty Quinn would traded.

When it actually happened, I understood why due to his salary and injury history.

When the Rams traded Quinn, I realized they were going to be an organization that would do what was best for the team at all costs.

Quinn will always be fan favorite. I was all in when McVay and Snead decided to move on. from him.

I never thought Quinn would be as successful as he's been after he was traded.

Hats off to Robert Quinn.

#94 will always be remembered as a Ram.
526f3b4250fd3.preview-300.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I never thought the Mighty Quinn would traded.

When it actually happened, I understood why due to his salary and injury history.

When the Rams traded Quinn, I realized they were going to be an organization that would do what was best for the team at all costs.

Quinn will always be fan favorite. I was all in with McVay and Snead when they decided to move on. from him.

I never thought Quinn would be as successful as he's been after he was traded.

Hats off to Robert Quinn.

#94 will always be remembered as a Ram.
526f3b4250fd3.preview-300.jpg
"I got the Jump Club from Robert Quinn. I tried it once and it worked! Shout out to Rob." ~ AD

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Quinn was a stud as a Ram.
Not many LT could contain him.
Most almost strangled him, trying to keep him from sacking their QB.

Quinn was a pressure machine.

The fact that AD, does what he does as a DT, is insane.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn was a stud as a Ram.
Not many LT could contain him.
Most almost strangled him, trying to keep him from sacking their QB.

Quinn was a pressure machine.
He was pretty good.... ~ The Deacon

rRjyCMb.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never seen a player held as much as Donald and its not even close. Not taking anything away from Quinn, he was great. If Donald was played fair he'd have Bobby Boucher type numbers

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that Quinn and Donald have in common is that they both are elite at the strip sack! Quinn and Chris long reminded me of Little and Grant wistrom! Can’t wait till we get another elite sack artist to pair with Donald

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've never seen a player held as much as Donald and its not even close. Not taking anything away from Quinn, he was great. If Donald was played fair he'd have Bobby Boucher type numbers
That’s what Mama says

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
AD has 131 tackles for loss . Quinn has 90 tackles for loss.

AD has 247 solo tackles, while Quinn has 240 solo tackles.

AD has played in 110 of 112 regular season games. Quinn has played in 140 of 160 regular season games. Without looking at 2017, it may be because of the new contract year that AD missed those two games. He is an Iron Man.
I'd echo @Memento thoughts. Quinn was consistently mugged and it robbed him of sacks as well as health. It was criminal for refs to ignore those blatant holds because it endangered Quinn's health and career stats. This game is brutal enough. Injuries can happen even when its played the right way. What was allowed to happen to Quinn was a travesty. He could have been so much better through his prime years. This idea that QBs are the only precious commodity that needs protected is BS.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd echo @Memento thoughts. Quinn was consistently mugged and it robbed him of sacks as well as health. It was criminal for refs to ignore those blatant holds because it endangered Quinn's health and career stats. This game is brutal enough. Injuries can happen even when its played the right way. What was allowed to happen to Quinn was a travesty. He could have been so much better through his prime years. This idea that QBs are the only precious commodity that needs protected is BS.
Well, sure. I wasn't denigrating Quinn...but Donald is held more than any defensive player than I have every seen and that is not stopping him from insane production. Quinn was really good, but Donald is otherworldy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, sure. I wasn't denigrating Quinn...but Donald is held more than any defensive player than I have every seen and that is not stopping him from insane production. Quinn was really good, but Donald is otherworldy.
Not what I meant. Quinn could have had better stats. The holding gave him a life long injury. I’m sure he feels it every game.