River's Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
If you are wondering about the draft picks, I'm trading Robert Woods, Darrell Henderson & Taylor Rapp to increase the overall number beyond just our regular & compensation draft picks we will receive. Snead should have the flexibility to add or move up/down during this draft.

1) N/A
2) N/A
3a) RG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.
3b) TE - Greg Dulcich, UCLA
4) CB - Josh Jobe, Al.
5a) S - Bryan Cook, Cn.
5b) ILB - Jack Sanborn, Wi.
6) RB - Abram Smith, B.U.
7a) CB - Tarik Castro-Fields, Pn St.
7b) P - Michael Turk, OK

UDFA1) S - Nick Cross, Md.
UDFA2) P/K Returner - Velus Jones, Tn
UDFA3) RB - Tyler Allgeier, BYU

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I love the Dulcich pick. Hope he lasts that long. Great story, former walk on. Even better, his QB was nothing to write home about.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I love the Dulcich pick. Hope he lasts that long. Great story, former walk on. Even better, his QB was nothing to write home about.

Agree, it was just days prior to the Senior Bowl he was projected as a very late round pick, he certainly made some money this past weekend with his efforts.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The following mock was meant to be placed in this thread, so the moderators are more than welcome to merge the other thread, move it here, and delete my thread on the Rams - NFL Talk page :

Shake-ups at RB, TE, CB & S with multiple additions at each position.
Noteboom, Von Miller, OBj, Michel & Allen are all re-signed, ... Corbett prices himself out and walks.
Darious Williams, SJD, Mundt, Okoronkwo & Corbett are lost to agency.
Whitworth retires as expected, ... Stafford, Havenstein & A'Shawn Robinson extend their contracts.
Trades are made for Robert Woods, Johnny Hekker & Taylor Rapp, increasing our number of overall draft picks.

My MOCK all 53 2022 Rams Depth Chart :

OFFENSE (25) :

QB (2)

Stafford
Perkins

OL (9)

LT - Noteboom, A. Jackson
LG - Edwards, Shelton
C - Allen, Shelton
RG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.*, Anchrum
RT - Havenstein, Pircher

RB's (4)

RB1 - Akers
RB2 - Michel
RB3 - Abram Smith, B.U.*
RB4 - Tyler Allgeier, BYU*

WR's (6)

WR1 - Kupp
WR2 - OBj
WR3 - Jefferson
WR4 - Harris or Skowronek
WR5 - Skowronek or Harris
WR6 - Atwell

TE's (4)

TE1 - Higbee
TE2 - David Njoku**
TE3 - Blanton
TE4 - Greg Dulcich*

DEFENSE (24) :

DL (5)

DT1 - Donald
DT2 - Gaines
DT3 - Robinson
DT4 - B. Brown
DT5 - Hoecht

OLB (5)

Von Miller
Floyd
Hollins
Lewis
Garrett

ILB (4)

Howard
E. Jones
Reeder
Jack Sanborn, Wi.*

CB's (5)

Ramsey
Rochell
Long
Josh Jobe, Al.*
Tarik Castro-Fields, Pn St.* or Kareem Orr

Safety (5)

Fuller
Burgess
Scott
Bryan Cook*
Nick Cross, Md.*

SPECIAL TEAMS (4)

K - Gay
P - Michael Turk, OK*
LS - Orzech
P/K Returner - Powell or Velus Jones, Tn*

* denotes newly drafted or UDFA additions.
** denotes our only outside free agent acquisition.

jmo.

OK, let me have it ... who am I forgetting or where did I F-up ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think signing Allen would be a mistake. I respect the dude's game but there's no way I'd sign both him and Boom at FA prices.

Boom makes more sense and even him I still have some worries about at that FA dollar cost. But that one probably has to happen.

Allen though, there really isn't that much dropoff from him to the C2 on this roster and we'll have that guy at a cheaper price point. I'd play Shelton and draft a dev center who can fill the backup role.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I think signing Allen would be a mistake. I respect the dude's game but there's no way I'd sign both him and Boom at FA prices.

Boom makes more sense and even him I still have some worries about at that FA dollar cost. But that one probably has to happen.

Allen though, there really isn't that much dropoff from him to the C2 on this roster and we'll have that guy at a cheaper price point. I'd play Shelton and draft a dev center who can fill the backup role.

Signing Noteboom is a no-brainer imo. Allen I look at as being more within our reach than Corbett because of his injury/missed game history, and should come back with a reasonably team friendly contract. Whether it works out that way, I guess we'll see.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I finally looked at this as it's been very busy at work as I have moved offices to a new building and I set this up by design to take my mind off of Football, but I love this mock. It has everything the Rams need, a big bruising Guard, a nice TE, CB, S, ILB & even Michael Turk from Oklahoma replacing Hekker and I'm a big fan of Turk.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If you are wondering about the draft picks, I'm trading Robert Woods, Darrell Henderson & Taylor Rapp to increase the overall number beyond just our regular & compensation draft picks we will receive. Snead should have the flexibility to add or move up/down during this draft.

1) N/A
2) N/A
3a) RG - Jamaree Salyer, Ga.
3b) TE - Greg Dulcich, UCLA
4) CB - Josh Jobe, Al.
5a) S - Bryan Cook, Cn.
5b) ILB - Jack Sanborn, Wi.
6) RB - Abram Smith, B.U.
7a) CB - Tarik Castro-Fields, Pn St.
7b) P - Michael Turk, OK

UDFA1) S - Nick Cross, Md.
UDFA2) P/K Returner - Velus Jones, Tn
UDFA3) RB - Tyler Allgeier, BYU
Trading Woods coming off an ACL with $14 million owed to him this year could be difficult.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Trading Woods coming off an ACL with $14 million owed to him this year could be difficult.

While I don't think he'd be all that difficult to trade once he has a physical and can provide tape of his continued abilities, I see no reason that he can't return to the NFL as clean as Akers has shown. Still, this mock was made prior to the OBj injury, and I would no longer consider trading Woods. I've made that clear in other posts on the ROD main page, but I now recognize that I must submit a new mock in order to clear things up here, ... and Woods stays put.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I get so nervous seeing these mocks letting Allen walk. But, I have to consider that, with Stafford under center, our starting C can be more athletic because Staff will call the protections (something Goff couldn't do very well). I guess I'd be ok with letting him go, but C is such an important position, we'd have to have a fool-proof replacement. No way I want to go through another Blythe type season. But, if we can move on from Allen & get bigger / stronger at the C position, sure.