River's Moch 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I was going to wait until after the upcoming Senior Bowl, but decided to get this in now as there are apt to be several pre & post-Combine changes anyway.

IMO, it will be near impossible to fill our eventual need for a LT to one day replace Whitworth in the first round, the best are likely gone where we pick, much like the CB's, so look for a combined developmental LT and potential swingman for 2018 depth. CAP cutting Austin, Barron & Quinn adds over $21mil. to our already previously scheduled $45mil. of available CAP, and all of of these positions can be improved upon for far less money. Extending Saffold now also saves CAP in 2018 as well as preserves a top Lineman for our team's future as we look towards 2019 when both Havenstein & Brown could enter free agency. I offer 3 names for consideration as our #1 CB, all of whom will cost less than what TruJo has for the last two years. Finally, Tremaine Edmunds looks like the prototypical pass rushing OLB college prospect we all desire with excellent speed and great length. Cappa is my only question going into the Senior Bowl, being whether he can manhandle the big school kids like he was able to at Humboldt. I added Rogers to the 53 for his additional pass catching skills and would love to see strengthened blocking for our RB's.

CAP Cut : Austin, Barron & Quinn.
Extend : Donald & Saffold.
Re-sign : Watkins, Joyner, Sullivan, Robey-Coleman, Easley (if healthy) & McQuaide.
Re-sign vet minimum and possible camp cuts Tyrunn Walker, Cornelious Lucas
Tender all RFA's (Longacre, Hill, D.Williams, M. Brown, Lynch)

Let walk - Tru Johnson, Connor Barwin, Lance Dunbar, Derek Carrier, Cody Davis

Free agency signings :

CB - Prince Amukamara (Chicago) - 28; Malcolm Butler (N.E.) - 27 ; Bashaud Breeland (Was.) - 25
I'd be good with any one of the above CB's joining our defense, may come down to money, although Breeland is well known to McVay.

ILB - Todd Davis (Denver) - 25
NT - Justin Ellis (Oakland) - 27
A combination of Davis & Ellis should just about end our previous problems dealing with the interior rush.

2018 Draft :

1-23) OLB - Tremaine Edmonds, VTech
3) OT - Alex Cappa, Hum.St. (My surprise small school long shot)
4) RB - Mark Walton, Miami (change of pace outside threat, Austin replacement)
5) FS - Armani Watts, Tx. A&M (replaces Cody Davis)
6a) OG - Wyatt Teller, VTech
6b) QB - Kurt Benkert, Va.
6c) CB - Brandon Facyson, VTech
7) CB - Devontae Harris, Il.St.

The 53 :

Offense (25) :

QB) Goff, Mannion, Benkert
RB) Gurley, M. Brown, Walton
FB) Rogers
WR) Watkins, Woods, Kupp, Cooper, Reynolds, Thomas
TE) Higbee, Everett, Hemingway
LT) Whitworth, Cappa
LG) Saffold, Teller, Blythe
C) Sullivan, Blythe
RG) J.Brown, Teller
RT) Havenstein, Lucas, Cappa

Defense (25) :

LDE) Brockers, Easley, Fox
NT) Ellis, Walker
RDE) Donald, Westbrooks, Fox
LOLB) Ebukam, Sickels
ILB) Davis, Hager
ILB) Ogletree, Littleton, Lynch
ROLB) Edmonds, Longacre
FS) Joyner, Watts
SS) John Johnson, Isaiah Johnson
CB) Amukamara, Webster, Robey-Coleman, Hill, Facyson

Special Teams (3)

K) Zuerlein
P) Hekker
LS) McQuaide

PS :
For those conspiracy theorists, the three draftees from VTech was accidental.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'd be concerned with Amukamara being the number one CB, good two, but not close to Johnson IMHO. Also waiting until the 6th round for CB is also too late and although I understand the philisophy of a RB, not sure I would jump on anyone that early. I would be more comfortable with a CB early and RB late and not sure if Benkert is an upgrade of Brandon Allen. I like Allen because he's the only QB with mobility.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Something tells me that you’re a VTech fan.... :rolllaugh:

But seriously, I can dig it, I like the Breeland pickup, not sure about Prince Amukamara...

I love the Walton pick, I’m biased though because I’m a Miami pick, he may go later due to his injury, if healthy he is an absolute beast

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I was going to wait until after the upcoming Senior Bowl, but decided to get this in now as there are apt to be several pre & post-Combine changes anyway.

IMO, it will be near impossible to fill our eventual need for a LT to one day replace Whitworth in the first round, the best are likely gone where we pick, much like the CB's, so look for a combined developmental LT and potential swingman for 2018 depth. CAP cutting Austin, Barron & Quinn adds over $21mil. to our already previously scheduled $45mil. of available CAP, and all of of these positions can be improved upon for far less money. Extending Saffold now also saves CAP in 2018 as well as preserves a top Lineman for our team's future as we look towards 2019 when both Havenstein & Brown could enter free agency. I offer 3 names for consideration as our #1 CB, all of whom will cost less than what TruJo has for the last two years. Finally, Tremaine Edmunds looks like the prototypical pass rushing OLB college prospect we all desire with excellent speed and great length. Cappa is my only question going into the Senior Bowl, being whether he can manhandle the big school kids like he was able to at Humboldt. I added Rogers to the 53 for his additional pass catching skills and would love to see strengthened blocking for our RB's.

CAP Cut : Austin, Barron & Quinn.
Extend : Donald & Saffold.
Re-sign : Watkins, Joyner, Sullivan, Robey-Coleman, Easley (if healthy) & McQuaide.
Re-sign vet minimum and possible camp cuts Tyrunn Walker, Cornelious Lucas
Tender all RFA's (Longacre, Hill, D.Williams, M. Brown, Lynch)

Let walk - Tru Johnson, Connor Barwin, Lance Dunbar, Derek Carrier, Cody Davis

Free agency signings :

CB - Prince Amukamara (Chicago) - 28; Malcolm Butler (N.E.) - 27 ; Bashaud Breeland (Was.) - 25
I'd be good with any one of the above CB's joining our defense, may come down to money, although Breeland is well known to McVay.

ILB - Todd Davis (Denver) - 25
NT - Justin Ellis (Oakland) - 27
A combination of Davis & Ellis should just about end our previous problems dealing with the interior rush.

2018 Draft :

1-23) OLB - Tremaine Edmonds, VTech
3) OT - Alex Cappa, Hum.St. (My surprise small school long shot)
4) RB - Mark Walton, Miami (change of pace outside threat, Austin replacement)
5) FS - Armani Watts, Tx. A&M (replaces Cody Davis)
6a) OG - Wyatt Teller, VTech
6b) QB - Kurt Benkert, Va.
6c) CB - Brandon Facyson, VTech
7) CB - Devontae Harris, Il.St.

The 53 :

Offense (25) :

QB) Goff, Mannion, Benkert
RB) Gurley, M. Brown, Walton
FB) Rogers
WR) Watkins, Woods, Kupp, Cooper, Reynolds, Thomas
TE) Higbee, Everett, Hemingway
LT) Whitworth, Cappa
LG) Saffold, Teller, Blythe
C) Sullivan, Blythe
RG) J.Brown, Teller
RT) Havenstein, Lucas, Cappa

Defense (25) :

LDE) Brockers, Easley, Fox
NT) Ellis, Walker
RDE) Donald, Westbrooks, Fox
LOLB) Ebukam, Sickels
ILB) Davis, Hager
ILB) Ogletree, Littleton, Lynch
ROLB) Edmonds, Longacre
FS) Joyner, Watts
SS) John Johnson, Isaiah Johnson
CB) Amukamara, Webster, Robey-Coleman, Hill, Facyson

Special Teams (3)

K) Zuerlein
P) Hekker
LS) McQuaide

PS :
For those conspiracy theorists, the three draftees from VTech was accidental.

I would still like more cb depth.
I like Webster, but he was injured often this year. The thought of seeing another game with CB play similar to Hatfield, make me very uneasy.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Any thoughts on DE - Ja'Von Rolland-Jones - Arkansas St. He had 48 1/2 Sacks in College!! And I've heard a lot of good things about DT - Deadrin Senat - USF! anyone else have thoughts on these two!!?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something tells me that you’re a VTech fan.... :rolllaugh:

But seriously, I can dig it, I like the Breeland pickup, not sure about Prince Amukamara...

I love the Walton pick, I’m biased though because I’m a Miami pick, he may go later due to his injury, if healthy he is an absolute beast

Not especially a VTech fan, being a west coast guy I tend to favor Pac 12, but they did have an outstanding defense. My draft just fell that way as I took a look at what round players might go today. The Senior Bowl & Combine are still going to change many opinions.

All 3 listed free agent CB's should fit well in a Wade Phillips defense, I went with Amukamara first as he may be the most affordable of the group, but as mentioned earlier, i'd be comfortable with any one of them.

Walton is an exciting RB, if near 100% i'd be surprised if he lasts later into the draft. jmo

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'd be concerned with Amukamara being the number one CB, good two, but not close to Johnson IMHO. Also waiting until the 6th round for CB is also too late and although I understand the philisophy of a RB, not sure I would jump on anyone that early. I would be more comfortable with a CB early and RB late and not sure if Benkert is an upgrade of Brandon Allen. I like Allen because he's the only QB with mobility.

I disagree on your take of Amukamara as not being close to Johnson, still, I did offer up Butler & Breeland, so take your choice. Butler is my leader when it comes to overall skillset & a definite upgrade over TJ imo, just not sure we can afford him, ... Breeland has the age advantage and McVay should know him quite well. If anything, I believe these picks are either sideways or a step up from TruJo.
Sure, I also wish we had more picks which came earlier in the draft, but the surprising rise of Troy Hill allowed me some leeway. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would still like more cb depth.
I like Webster, but he was injured often this year. The thought of seeing another game with CB play similar to Hatfield, make me very uneasy.

We definitely need a healthy Webster, but a rising Troy Hill may start competing for that job. Hatfield was scary, i'll be surprised if he makes the 53 this next season. jmo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IBreeland has the age advantage and McVay should know him quite well. If anything, I believe these picks are either sideways or a step up from TruJo.
Sure, I also wish we had more picks which came earlier in the draft, but the surprising rise of Troy Hill allowed me some leeway. jmo.

Breeland could be possible because of not only McVay, but CB Coach Aubrey Pleasant as well.....I'm sure Wade will weight in too as to who he wants. Great point on Hill, maybe he's ready because I have concerns on Websters durability.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Yep! this is the one I was thinking of! I had the wrong one written down! This one seems like a nice prospect to learn from Whit.! He has Looong Arms good lateral movement, but needs to fill-out a little!(y);):D A good pick for the 4th round or so!

He's only played RT in his two years of college football, so it would be nice to also see his footwork from the left side during the Senior Bowl practices. He'd be very raw as a LT prospect.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Just wanted to let it be known that if the Rams fail to re-sign Sammy Watkins, I use that money to go after free agent OG Andrew Norwell, not another WR. I'd slide Norwell in at RG and Brown would then become his back-up for 2018. Reynolds would start in Watkins place for at least one full season, and hopefully he owns it. This would not change my draft.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I would love it if we could add OG Andrew Norwell, just don't see it happening from a cap stand point thought

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would love it if we could add OG Andrew Norwell, just don't see it happening from a cap stand point thought

I only mention it IF Watkins isn't re-signed, not in addition too ...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Ah I see, gotcha. Though it would be a treat watching him blow up DL for Gurley! road graders

WestCoastRam

Legend
Cappa may end up being a bottom of the 1st round pick after it's all said and done this draft season if he keeps getting good reviews at the Senior Bowl.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Cappa may end up being a bottom of the 1st round pick after it's all said and done this draft season if he keeps getting good reviews at the Senior Bowl.

111-M001-2T.jpg

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not much danger of that following his Senior Bowl game, looks like a probable mid-round developmental player, he'll get another opportunity to boost his ranking at the Combine, but i'd still like to see what Kromer & Whitworth can do for him. jmo.