River's Final Mock, hopefully, before the Draft ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Thought about adjusting my last mock, although I believe there are enough changes to justify a new one.

Since we've re-signed Floyd and traded Brockers, both of which I campaigned for in my last few mocks, the Rams have picked up a free agent deep threat WR in DeSean Jackson, and they have so-far neglected signing or trading for a quality starting Center, ... and now, thankfully, Blythe is also out of the picture.

Trade 1) Because I still have Quinn Meinerz available at the top of the 3'rd round, the Rams will trade down from their 2'nd rd pick (2.57) as well as give up their late 3'rd rd pick (#103) to the NY Jets and receive 3'rd rd picks # 66 & 86, a trade chart match.

Trade 2) Rams trade Havenstein & a 2022 3'rd rd draft pick to Green Bay for 2021 3'rd. rd pick #92. The Rams now enter the draft with five 3'rd round draft picks.

1) n/a
2) n/a
3.66) C - Quinn Meinerz, WW
3.72) OT - Walker Little, Stan.
3.86) Edge - Quincy Roche, Miami
3.88) DE - Rashad Weaver, Pitt.
3.92) WR - Anthony Schwartz, Auburn
4.141) CB - Benjamin St-Juste, Mn.
5) n/a
6.209) FB/HB/TE - Ben Mason, Mi.
7.252) OT/OG - Larry Borom, Mo.

Rams 2021 53 Roster :

OFFENSE (25)

QB :
Stafford
Wolford

OL :
Whitworth
Meinerz*
Noteboom
Little*
Edwards
Corbett
Brewer
Anchrum
Evans

RB's :
Akers
Henderson
Xavier Jones or Raymond Calais
FB - Mason*

TE's :
Higbee
Hopkins
Mundt
Blanton

WR's :
Woods
Kupp
Van Jefferson
DeSean Jackson
Schwartz*
Webster

DEFENCE (25)

DL :
Donald
Weaver*
Joseph-Day
Robinson
Gaines
Copeland or Lawler

ILB's :
Howard
Kiser
Reeder
Young
Rozeboom

OLB's :
Floyd
Roche*
Lewis
Hollins
Okoronkwo

CB's :
Ramsey
St-Juste*
Long
Williams
Deayon

Safeties :
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp
Gervase or Scott or Hughes

Special Teams (3) :

Hekker
Gay
Wirtel or Holba

Starting & Back-up O-Line :

LT) Whitworth, Noteboom, Brewer, Little*
LG) Meinerz*, Anchrum, Edwards
C) Corbett, Meinerz*, Anchrum
RG) Edwards, Brewer, Anchrum
RT) Noteboom, Little*, Edwards, Evans

* denotes newly drafted player.

Last edited:

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Excellent mock draft - well done. Maybe my favorite one that I’ve seen so far.

Personally I don’t think we need the speed WR early anymore and would prefer to get that at back end (with kick return abilities). Instead getting an iLB at that spot or keeping Hav. But that’s just me.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent mock draft - well done. Maybe my favorite one that I’ve seen so far.

Personally I don’t think we need the speed WR early anymore and would prefer to get that at back end (with kick return abilities). Instead getting an iLB at that spot or keeping Hav. But that’s just me.

Thanks.
The Rams might go ILB, but I think they may just wait for a post draft free agent to drop in on them. I also believe we would have so much competition at RT it would almost be silly, if Meinerz was drafted there is an excellent chance he would start at LG, leaving Edwards available to compete at RT with Noteboom, the newly drafted OT Walker Little, Anchrum & Evans. Depth will be outstanding, imo. And Schwartz would get a year of mostly bench warming and provide injury insurance before taking over completely for DeSean Jackson in 2022. jmo.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Well if it makes you feel better, I think Snead agrees with you and they are much more likely to go WR early than iLB. Rams just don’t value iLB (& iOL) much at all. I would go iLB, but pretty sure they’d love another top speed WR toy instead.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Excellent stuff. Not sure about Borom as a Mizzou fan (his athleticism is very, very lacking), but hey, he's a seventh round pick. I think Meinerz goes before we pick in the third as well. And I want an actual tight end over Mason. But this is a solid draft.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Excellent stuff. Not sure about Borom as a Mizzou fan (his athleticism is very, very lacking), but hey, he's a seventh round pick. I think Meinerz goes before we pick in the third as well. And I want an actual tight end over Mason. But this is a solid draft.

It was either Borom or Kansas State TE Briley Moore, and you might notice that Borom didn't make the 53 roster and is instead going to the Practice Squad. Same place Moore likely ends up if I went with him. jmo.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Must say this is a hell of a mock!!! Best I have seen.

My notes I thought we could do better on Haverstein trade not sure why we need to give a 3rd. I also think we need better ILB play just look at the Greenbay playoff game they killed us with RBs and short over the middle.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Must say this is a hell of a mock!!! Best I have seen.

My notes I thought we could do better on Haverstein trade not sure why we need to give a 3rd. I also think we need better ILB play just look at the Greenbay playoff game they killed us with RBs and short over the middle.

Thank You,
In todays market, I believe we'd be lucky to land a 5'th rd draft pick for Havenstein. And it's likely a 2022 3'rd isn't worth much more than a 2021 4'th, so I opted to trade for a position which could become a need for this season, and eliminate Havenstein's 2021 & 2022 CAP hits as well.
As for the Green Bay game, we had Donald out injured while Floyd was being double teamed in his place, so I believe the outcome would have been closer if we were in better health. Kiser & Howard will be returning and I suspect our new defensive coordinator finds a post draft upgrade at ILB as well. jmo.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nicely done. Wouldn’t it be amazing if you actually knew I am Les Sneeds sisters, brothers, twice removed cousin from his step moms side Kevin Bacon 6 degrees away. I’ll make sure he gets this!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Excellent haul of picks. That top 4 would make me very happy. (y)