River's Final 2024 Pre-Free Agency Mock ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Going All Out For Stafford, Donald and Kupp to grab the Lombardi Trophy one last time together.

2024 NFL Mock Offseason Free Agency & Draft :

My first mock of the season back in September had us taking an elite Edge & CB during 2024's Free Agency period, this remains the same today as it did back then. I spend big with our free agency money for one of Edge Brian Burns or Josh Ushe & CB Jaylon Johnson or Jeff Okudah or their very NEAR EQUIVALENTS, … and a much cheaper FA ILB & or Safety.

.Current Rams UFA players to extend/re-sign are (if the price is right) :

QB - Carson Wentz
OG - Kevin Dotson
S - John Johnson
WR - Demarcus Robinson

Our RFA's & ERFA's are all likely to return :

DL - Jonah Williams
OLB/DE - Mike Hoecht
OL - Alaric Jackson
ILB - Christian Rozeboom
RB - Ronnie Rivers

Cut/Traded or Lost to Free Agency :

C - Coleman Shelton
OT/OG - Joseph Noteboom
C - Bryan Allen
ILB - Troy Reeder
OG - Tremayne Anchrum
CB - Ahkello Witherspoon
TE - Brycen Hopkins
DT - Larrell Murchison

Current 2024 Rams Mock Draft :

1) DT - Jer'Zhan Newton, Il.
2) LT - Patrick Paul, Hou.
3a) TE - Ja'Tavion Sanders, TX.
3b) C/OG - Powers-Johnson, Or.
5a) Traded up with 2025 3’rd for 2024 3a.
5b) Traded up with 2025 4’th for 2024 3b.
5c) RB - MarShawn Lloyd, USC
6a) S - Cole Bishop, Ut.
6b) WR - Luke McCaffrey, Rice
6c) ILB - Edefuan Ulofoshio, Wa.
6d) K - Joshua Karty, Stan.

53 Roster :

Offense (26)

QB - Stafford
QB - Wentz
QB - Bennett

RB - Williams
RB - Freeman
RB - Lloyd*
RB - Evans or Rivers

WR - Kupp
WR - Nacua
WR - Atwell
WR - Robinson
WR - McCaffrey* or Skowronek
WR/KR - Tramell or Smith

LT - Paul*
LG - Avila
C/OG - Powers-Johnson*
RG - Dotson
RT - Havenstein
OL - A. Jackson (Swing OT/OG)
OL - Bruss
C - McClendon
OG - Z. Thomas

TE - Higbee
TE - Allen
TE - Long
TE - Sanders*

Defense (24)

DL - Donald
DL - Turner
DL - Brown
DL - Newton*
DL - Johnson

Edge OLB - Brian Burns**, Danielle Hunter** or Free Agent equivalent
Edge OLB - Young
Edge OLB - Mathis
Edge OLB - Hampton or K. Thomas
Edge OLB/DE - Hoecht

ILB - Jones
ILB - inexpensive free agent**
ILB - Hampton or Ulofoshio*
ILB - Rozeboom

CB - Jaylon Johnson**, Jeff Okudah** or Free Agent equivalent
CB - Kendrick
CB - Durant
CB - Tomlinson
CB - Ojemudia or Jolly

S - Johnson
S - Lake
S - Yeast
S - Bishop*
S - Taylor or inexpensive free agent**

Special Teams (3) :

P - Evans
LS - Ward
K - Karty*

* depicts newly drafted player
** depicts new free agent

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
I like it, although resigning all our top free agents and getting both a premier edge AND cornerback may be beyond our budget.

Some of the players drafted look unlikely to last that long, but it’s all guesswork anyway.

Good job. :thumbsup1:

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Powers-Johnson in the 3rd not realistic. Late first or 2nd for him.
Sounds right.
That's the problem with a lot of the mock draft simulators, imo.. they don't have realistic values, imo.
They're a shit-ton of fun.. but.. what do I know?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like it, although resigning all our top free agents and getting both a premier edge AND cornerback may be beyond our budget.

Some of the players drafted look unlikely to last that long, but it’s all guesswork anyway.

Good job. :thumbsup1:

Thank You for the reply.

No doubt the budget might look tight, but keep in mind that free agents signing long term contracts will have a vastly lower CAP hit for 2024, as the first year is heavily backloaded. An elite Edge & CB should fit nicely in this scenario, and this next year could also be the last for Donald & Kupp, freeing up huge future CAP savings.

I'm only re-signing 4 of our own soon to become free agents, and Kevin Dotson would be the only one getting the long term contract treatment, whereas Wentz, Robinson and Johnson would only be offered 1 or 2 year contracts due to age and/or the position they hold.

DT - Jer'Zhan Newton, Il. appears to have slipped a bit among some draft pundits, so him now falling to us in the 1'st or even becoming a slight trade down prospect puts us on target imo. LT - Patrick Paul, Hou. has pretty much always seemed in range in the 2'n round.

jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Powers-Johnson in the 3rd not realistic. Late first or 2nd for him.

Powers-Johnson is listed as a late 2'nd round prospect by NFL Draft Buzz and has fallen into the 3'rd round by a few others.
Not sure you actually read my included draft mock, but I traded our 2025 4'th rounder & a 2024 5'th rounder to move up in the draft to secure Powers-Johnson. I did much the same to secure our new TE.
jmo.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I have to admit, I'd really be disappointed in that draft.

The idea of trading 2025 draft selections would be disappointing. And especially if it were for Sanders. I'd be shocked if Powers-Johnson got out of the 2nd round. Not sure he'll make it out of the 1st round.

The Brian Burns or Josh Ushe & CB Jaylon Johnson or Jeff Okudah or their very NEAR EQUIVALENTS is a bit confusing unless you are just focused solely on position and not player quality. From what I understand, Okudah has been a bust to date.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sounds right.
That's the problem with a lot of the mock draft simulators, imo.. they don't have realistic values, imo.
They're a shit-ton of fun.. but.. what do I know?

Sorry for your slight on me, but I haven't used a draft simulator here for just the reasons you mention. IMO they are a joke.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Sorry for your slight on me, but I haven't used a draft simulator here for just the reasons you mention. IMO they are a joke.
Oh. Gotcha.
Yeah.. the more I read, the more I think Jackson Powers doesn’t last past the 2nd.

Btw.. the simulators at places like draft buzz are typically based on their player rankings. Mm

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I have to admit, I'd really be disappointed in that draft.

The idea of trading 2025 draft selections would be disappointing. And especially if it were for Sanders. I'd be shocked if Powers-Johnson got out of the 2nd round. Not sure he'll make it out of the 1st round.

The Brian Burns or Josh Ushe & CB Jaylon Johnson or Jeff Okudah or their very NEAR EQUIVALENTS is a bit confusing unless you are just focused solely on position and not player quality. From what I understand, Okudah has been a bust to date.

Such a surprise ...

Sanders has been regarded by many as the #2 TE in this class, and trading up for him as Long enters his 'contract' year and Higbee's health status appearing more of a concern than ever. With two 3'rd round draft picks next year, I'm willing to make such a move.

As for Powers-Johnson, him being all over the place by draft pundits makes his final placement difficult, but I've also traded up in an attempt to secure him.

Okudah would need to come with a 1 year 'prove it' contract. His claim to rehabbing a decent future is showing he can play without being an injury liability, ... he's only 24 years old, so pass a tough physical and come in as about half the CAP cost as Jaylon Johnson.