River's 2023 Mock 2.0 ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
River:

You remain high on musgrave but then say he COULD be a starter by year 2. If the Rams are gonna trade (or release) Higbee, someone has to come in and start THIS season.

What are your thoughts on the TEs from utah and notre dame?

I've got Hopkins & Musgrave penciled in as TE #1 & #2 for 2023. I've also selected a second TE later in the draft and may revisit TE again in 2024 as Hopkins will become a free agent.

I like the Rams trading down their #36 pick for a later 2'nd rounder & a mid round 3'rd, ... and I have both Mayer & Kincaid as gone before we pick in the 3'rd.
jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Being that Raheem Morris will be returning for 2023, I'm forced to readjust my mock one last time as his anticipated 3'rd round comp pick is no longer in the cards.
All other trades remain.

2023 Draft :

1 - N/A
2 Trade down for extra 3’rd - C John Michael-Schmitz, Mi.
3a - TE Luke Musgrave, Or. St. (trade down from higher 2’nd)
3b - CB Kyu Blu Kelly, Stan. (Floyd trade)
3c - S Sydney Brown, Il.
4 - DL Adetomiwa Adebawawore, N.W., or Cobie Turner, W.F.(Higbee trade)
5a - RB Chris Rodriguez, Ky. (Van Jefferson trade)
5b - RB Rashon Johnson, Tx. (Comp)
5c - TE Noah Gindorff, N.D. St. (Comp)
6a - WR Elijah Higgins, Stan.
6b - CB Cameron Brown, Oh.St.
6c - S DeMarcco Hellams, Al.
6d - K Jake Moody, Mi.
7 - OT Dalton Wagner, Ark.

Re-sign :

QB Baker Mayfield
DT Greg Gaines
CB Grant Haley
P Riley Dixon
LS Matt Orzech

1 Major Trade addition :

Rams 2023 & 2024 1'st round draft picks for Edge Brian Burns or something less for another top young Edge

2 Free Agents added :

Edge Arden Key
WR OBj

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
With Bobby Wagner becoming a CAP Casualty yesterday, here's one more revision to my mock, all previously mentioned trades remain intact :

2023 Draft :

1 - N/A
2 Trade down for extra 3’rd - C John Michael-Schmitz, Mi.
3a - TE Luke Musgrave, Or. St. (trade down from higher 2’nd)
3b - S Sydney Brown, Il.
3c - CB Kyu Blu Kelly, Stan. (Floyd trade)
4 - DL Adetomiwa Adebawawore, N.W., or Cobie Turner, W.F.(Higbee trade)
5a - RB Roshon Johnson, Tx. or Chris Rodriguez, Ky. (Van Jefferson trade)
5b - Edge Ochaun Mathis, Ne. (Comp)
5c - TE Noah Gindorff, N.D. St. (Comp)
6a - WR Elijah Higgins, Stan.
6b - CB Cameron Brown, Oh.St.
6c - S DeMarcco Hellams, Al.
6d - K Jake Moody, Mi. (Comp)
7a - ILB Aubrey Miller Jr., J.S.U.
7b - OT Dalton Wagner, Ark. (Comp)

Re-sign :

DT Greg Gaines
CB Grant Haley
WR/R Brandon Powell
P Riley Dixon
LS Matt Orzech

Major Trade :

Rams 2024 & 2025 1'st round draft picks for Edge Brian Burns or something less for another top young Edge

2 Free Agent’s :

RB D’Ernest Johnson
ILB Devin Bush

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
First and foremost, appreciate the work you put into this.

Fan of the JMS pick, especially if we can trade down and still get him. I'm so-so on Musgrave and think he will likely be gone by our pick in the 3rd. Really like the R.Johnson pick. I admittedly don't know the later round guys as well as I should, so can't comment on them much.

Burns trade - I really don't think the Panthers are going to move him anyway. Their D is their strong point and he is the young center piece with a new coach coming in.

Also, love the FA signings

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
First and foremost, appreciate the work you put into this.

I think Wright is too raw to really contribute this year in my opinion. Musgrave and Mauch are almost 2nd round locks every where I've seen, but, if we can get them in the 3rd, I'd be extremely happy about it. Mauch can step in day one and start for us. I like him better then Wright personally. Really like the R.Johnson pick, but don't get taking back to back RB's, especially when I think Johnson is superior to Rodriguez in most ways. I admittedly don't know the later round guys as well as I should, so can't comment on them much.

I'd like to have seen a guy like McDonald or Foskey instead of Wright and potentially saved that huge haul for Burns. I really don't think the Panthers are going to move him anyway. Their D is their strong point and he is the young center piece with a new coach coming in.

Wright hasn't been in my recent mock adjustments, so please scroll down to post #23 on this page, ... although when I originally had him it was more for security since Noteboom is probably not starting as he recovers from injury, that and because Wright's future may be more as a RT than LT and he could have replaced Havenstein next year in a cost cutting move.
Rachon Johnson is all over the place in recent media mocks and his stock has him now ranging as high as the 3'rd round. I also like him better than Rodriguez, but for the sake of this mock will wait until the 5'th round for a RB. Instead of taking 2 RB's in this draft, one high one low, I've reverted back to 1 drafted RB and 1 lower cost free agent (D'Ernest Johnson).
I've dropped an OT from my drafting wish list until quite late and am concentrating on bringing in the best C/LG we can acquire, so John Michael-Schmitz is my top pick in the 2'nd, although I'm no longer sure we can trade down to grab both him and an additional 3'rd.
The Combine should give us a more accurate picture of what's to come, but for now this is the best I have. Losing Wagner changed both my draft and free agent choices, if Ramsey is traded, then it's back to the drawing board once again.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Wright hasn't been in my recent mock adjustments, so please scroll down to post #23 on this page, ... although when I originally had him it was more for security since Noteboom is probably not starting as he recovers from injury, that and because Wright's future may be more as a RT than LT and he could have replaced Havenstein next year in a cost cutting move.
Rachon Johnson is all over the place in recent media mocks and his stock has him now ranging as high as the 3'rd round. I also like him better than Rodriguez, but for the sake of this mock will wait until the 5'th round for a RB. Instead of taking 2 RB's in this draft, one high one low, I've reverted back to 1 drafted RB and 1 lower cost free agent (D'Ernest Johnson).
I've dropped an OT from my drafting wish list until quite late and am concentrating on bringing in the best C/LG we can acquire, so John Michael-Schmitz is my top pick in the 2'nd, although I'm no longer sure we can trade down to grab both him and an additional 3'rd.
The Combine should give us a more accurate picture of what's to come, but for now this is the best I have. Losing Wagner changed both my draft and free agent choices, if Ramsey is traded, then it's back to the drawing board once again.
Yeah, I was looking at old one and corrected it right away when I saw that it was the older one. My bad, but my post is now about new mock

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
River;

Read your comment on backing away from prioritizing a LT in the draft. I agree, so long as it means the Rams will zero in on an IOL, specifically a Center. Landing JMS would be a great start to shoring up the OL. Should the Rams not trade away their future 1rst round picks, NEXT year would be a good time to make a LT a priority since that’s where you have a better shot at landing a potential all pro.

I just don’t see the point of drafting guys in the 2nd and 3rd round this year who will need time to develop when the Rams have so many starting roles up for grabs. They should be able to grab 2 starters right off the top, especially if they let either or both Ramsey and Floyd go.