River's 2019 Post Combine Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
No doubt some will be less than excited about losing Brockers, although trading him now while his dead money cap hit is only $750,000. will greatly enhance our available CAP for our off-season. And being that he becomes a free agent next season, his costs are likely to rise above his current $11. mil. dollar Cap. Extending Marcus Peters should also save near $4.mil off his current 2019 CAP. Miami needs DL help and Brockers steps in to become an immediate leader. By exchanging veteran Brockers for veteran Sheldon Richardson, both #1 draft picks, i'm not seeing much of a talent drop off, if any. Extending the 26 year old Peters now prevents the Rams from potentially losing two starting CB's in 2020. The Rams offense would likely have 3 new starters while the defense would gain 4 new starters under this scenario, and as much as I liked last years starting roster, I prefer this one ...

Trade :

DE/DT Michael Brockers along with 2019 draft pick # 99 (3'rd Rd) to Miami for draft pick #48 (2'nd Rd)

Extend :

CB Marcus Peters for 4 years

Re-Signed :

OLB) Dante Fowler

Re-sign :

ILB) Cory Littleton
DT) Ethan Westbrooks
CB) Sam Shields
RB) Malcolm Brown
RB) C.J. Anderson
OLB) Dominique Easley
CB) Troy Hill
ILB) Bryce Hager
CB) Kevin Peterson
S) Blake Countess
DE) Morgan Fox
WR/R) JoJo Natson
CB) Dominique Hatfield
WR) KhaDarel Hodge
OLB) Garrett Sickels

Cut or let Walk :

ILB) Mark Barron
OG) Rodger Saffold
DT) Ndamukong Suh
S) Lamarcus Joyner
OLB) Matt Longacre
ILB) Ramik Wilson
QB) Sean Mannion

Free Agent Acquisitions :

S) Eric Weddle (2 years)
OG/C) Ryan Groy (2 years)
DT/DE Sheldon Richardson (3 years)
ILB) Jordan Hicks (4 years)
TE) Tyler Eifert (2 years)

2019 NFL Draft :

1/31 - DT Dexter Lawrence, Clemson
2/48 - S Jonathan Abram, Ms.St.
3/94 - OG Beau Benzschawel, Wi.
4/133 - CB Justin Layne, Mi.St.
5/169 - QB Brett Rypien, Boise St.
6/203 - DE Jonathan Ledbetter, Ga.
7/251 - OT/OG Derwin Gray, Md.

Offensive Starters :

QB) Goff
LT) Whitworth
LG) Noteboom or Groy
C) Allen, Neary, Groy or Blythe
RG) Blythe or Benzschawel
RT) Havenstein

RB's) Gurley & CJ Anderson

WR's) Cooks, Woods, Kupp, Reynolds

TE's) Eifert, Higbee, Everett

Defensive Starters :

LDE) Richardson
NT) Lawrence
RDE) Donald
LOLB) Ebukam or Easley
ILB) Hicks
ILB) Littleton
ROLB) Fowler
CB's) Talib, Peters, Robey-Coleman
SS) Johnson
FS) Weddle

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
5 lashes for my forgetting to include :

K - Greg Zuerlein
P - Johnny Hekker
LS - Jake McQuaide

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
OK, so this figures, ... 6 hours after posting my mock and Sheldon Richardson gets himself signed by the Browns, and this messes with both my draft & free agency. I can't edit the OP, instead i'll substitute Richardson for what will be a less expensive Muhammed Wilkerson along with trading down & out of the Dexter Lawrence first round pick and drop somewhere into the top half of the 2'nd rd. for Jerry Tillary, DT out of Notre Dame. This gives us 3 flexible defensive linemen that can play at multiple DL positions.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
McVay and Snead both have said that the love Brockers versatility. It gives them draft flexibility. If the draft a Nose Tackle, they move Brockers to 5tech. If the draft a 5tech they move him to nose. If they don't draft either, then they put him at nose and have JFM at DE.

If they are still hanging onto him despite the 10 million, then the reports of him staying are likely true.

I would be fine with that draft, but it has no RB. Another article has McVay talking about needing more explosive players, even on offense. I guess playing against T.Hill, or that little RB from Chicago has him thinking. With 4 good WRs, the only spot I can see them add a speed guy is at RB. I hope they grab an edge rusher in round 1, with Fowler only on a 1 year deal.

Jordan Hicks signed with someone else.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
McVay and Snead both have said that the love Brockers versatility. It gives them draft flexibility. If the draft a Nose Tackle, they move Brockers to 5tech. If the draft a 5tech they move him to nose. If they don't draft either, then they put him at nose and have JFM at DE.

If they are still hanging onto him despite the 10 million, then the reports of him staying are likely true.

I would be fine with that draft, but it has no RB. Another article has McVay talking about needing more explosive players, even on offense. I guess playing against T.Hill, or that little RB from Chicago has him thinking. With 4 good WRs, the only spot I can see them add a speed guy is at RB. I hope they grab an edge rusher in round 1, with Fowler only on a 1 year deal.

Jordan Hicks signed with someone else.

I'm not as confident about Brockers 'versatility' since he lost the 25-30 pounds last season. When Suh joined the interior last year it made sense for Brockers to shed the weight and move primarily outside, and Brockers appeared less capable as an interior run blocker having made the transition, so I worry over his future effectiveness at NT.

I guess you mean no RB other than my re-signing of CJ Anderson ? With Malcolm Brown, Justin Davis & John Kelly, that would make 5 RB's in camp. I would also have no problem with adding a post draft UDFA.

They haven't re-signed Easley or Sickels yet from what I have seen, ... I was hoping to see what competition Easley might give Ebukam on that left side. Yes, he's an injury risk, but would also come very cheap. Sickels was injured early in camp last year, so not sure why he hasn't been re-signed, seems if he was good enough for camp last season he should be good enough for another shot this time around. I'm not suggesting either are the answer as starters.

With Suh gone, i'm guessing the Rams will draft the best NT/DT or 3-4 DE available while Brockers will basically occupy the leftover spot. Of course, an edge OLB should also be a big part of this decision making process. We also don't know how management feels about the progress of Franklin-Myers or Sebastian-Day. Now that the first phase of free agency is behind us, I've got Dexter Lawrence, Jerry Tillery, Zach Allen & the less likely Clelin Ferrell penciled in as our best possibilities with our pick at #31, or Jachai Polite & Brian Burns potentially operating from the Edge ... if we should trade down, that list expands quite a bit.

Sheldon Richardson, Jordan Hicks & Tyler Eifert signed with other teams after this mock was made.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Brockers dropped weight with the expectation that Suh would play inside and Brockers wouldn’t play Nose. Maybe dropping weight was the mistake, or that Snead and McVay feel it was a mistake. I got my info from an article. McVay and Snead love his versatility, supposedly. Bonnie B also said that Brockers is t going anywhere.

What I have heard is stuff like,the Rams feel SJD or JFM can fill the void if Brockers is cut. So far Brockers is still here with no info supporting a cut. So, as far as we can figure he’s staying. Any offseason that cuts him is thus unrealistic..... unless it’s just a ‘Here’s what I would do’ scenario.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Brockers dropped weight with the expectation that Suh would play inside and Brockers wouldn’t play Nose. Maybe dropping weight was the mistake, or that Snead and McVay feel it was a mistake. I got my info from an article. McVay and Snead love his versatility, supposedly. Bonnie B also said that Brockers is t going anywhere.

What I have heard is stuff like,the Rams feel SJD or JFM can fill the void if Brockers is cut. So far Brockers is still here with no info supporting a cut. So, as far as we can figure he’s staying. Any offseason that cuts him is thus unrealistic..... unless it’s just a ‘Here’s what I would do’ scenario.

I might reason that all mocks are a ‘Here’s what I would do' scenario ... and I always question when management mentions how 'high' they are on certain players as that is part of their job in maintaining morale. I would also agree that now that the first phase of free agency is done, Brockers is no longer going anywhere, that ship has likely sailed, although I still see it as an opportunity lost.

I'll add that up to now i'm not very happy with our off-season, I believe we overpaid for Fowler and as previously stated, lost some other opportunities for improvement. Whether this off-season is being negatively impacted by the coming 2020 overall CAP issue due to the necessity for re-signing Goff next year or not, I feel management has acted far to conservatively. While I feel we still manage a play-off spot, another Super Bowl feels like a bridge too far for 2019, regardless of how well our draft plays out. jmo.