River's 1'st 2021 Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
OK Guys, money (CAP) is tight, so with this opening round of mocks, i'll avoid all but one trade scenario or the addition of future potential outside Free Agents until we have more information on what the NFL decides for the true 2021 NFL CAP allowance. Losing our DC Staley was a blow, but we do receive two 3'rd round Comp picks for losing Brad Holmes to Detroit, one in 2021 and another for 2022. There has been speculation that our OC Kevin O'Connell may soon follow Staley to the Chargers, although this would require permission from the Rams as the job isn't a positional change or upgrade, but a sideways move. Anyway, this is why i'm proposing the following trade ; O'Connell & Havenstein to the Chargers for their 3'rd round pick, thus giving the Rams four 3'rd round picks once we include our two Comp picks received for losing Fowler last season & Holmes last week. Hell, I'll toss in C Brian Allen if need be so long as we draft another Center. The Chargers have the available CAP as well as a need to improve their OL, the Rams meanwhile should be able to re-sign Leonard Floyd to a 3 or 4 year contract at first year or less money than what Havenstein's CAP cost is projected to be in 2021. With Whitworth returning at LT, Noteboom, Evans, & both new rookie OT's (Little & Borom) can compete for the starting RT position. With Corbett moving inside to Center, something I had wished for 2020, and with Brewer returning from his Covid protocol, Evans, Anchron, Brewer & Borom will compete for Corbett's former job at RG.
2021 will be our 5'th season in a row without a first round pick, also, hopefully, our last in quite awhile.
Combining an improved OL with a true blocking FB instead of relying on Everett should help both Goff & our RB corps.
As mentioned earlier, without knowing what we are looking at yet for our 2021 CAP, any outside free agents we might afford can only bolster our team depth, but if we can't participate in the manner we would prefer, I believe this draft mock can keep us in the running as a play-off contender. jmo.

Re-Sign :

OLB Leonard Floyd
DL Morgan Fox
LS Jake McQuaide
CB Darious Williams
ILB Travin Howard
OL Coleman Shelton
TE Johnny Mundt

Departing Free Agents :

SS John Johnson III
CB Troy Hill
OL Austin Blythe
HB Malcolm Brown
TE Gerald Everett
WR Josh Reynolds
OLB Samson Ebukam
QB Blake Bortles

Trade :

OC O'Connell & RT Havenstein for Chargers 3'rd round pick. (#77 overall)

2020 NFL Draft * :

1) n/a
2) OT - Walker Little, Stan.
3a) CB - Eric Stokes, Ga.
3b) S - Talanoa Hufanga, USC
3c) ILB - Baron Browning, Oh.St.
3d) C - Trey Hill, Ga.
4) WR - Braydon Johnson, Ok.St.
5) n/a
6) FB - Ben Mason, Mi.
7) OT/OG - Larry Borom, Mo.

Rams 2020 53 Roster :

OFFENSE (25)

QB :
Goff
Wolford

OL :
Whitworth
Noteboom
Little*
Edwards
Evans
Corbett
Borom*
Hill*
Brewer or Anchrum

RB's :
Akers
Henderson
Xavier Jones or Raymond Calais
FB - Mason*

TE's :
Higbee
Mundt
Blanton
Hopkins

WR's :
Woods
Kupp
Van Jefferson
Webster
Jackson
Johnson*

DEFENCE (25)

DL :
Donald
Brockers
Robinson
Gaines
Joseph
Fox or Copeland

ILB's :
Browning*
Howard
Kiser
Reeder
Young

OLB's :
Floyd
Lewis
Hollins
Okoronkwo
OLB/DE Lawler

CB's :
Ramsey
Stokes*
Long
Williams
Deayon

Safeties :
Hufanga*
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp

Special Teams (3) :

Hekker
Gay
McQuaide

* Denotes drafted rookie

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I'm not convinced on Corbett as our C.
I know a few here are, but if he is a better C than Blythe, why didn't he start there this year?

Memphis Ram

Legend
Browns tried Corbett at center and he was said to be awful. Worse there than at OG. Though C was his projection coming out of college, I don't think he's ever really played the position.

I question the Chargers wanting Havenstein after signing RT Bryan Bulanga just last year if I'm not mistaken.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know a few here are, but if he is a better C than Blythe, why didn't he start there this year?

Are you convinced in Blythe as our C ?

If you recall, Corbett was drafted with the first pick of the 2'nd round (#33 overall), he had been favored comparably with Joel Bitonio during the pre-draft process, although his HC wanted him to play OT. Corbett had a total of 14 NFL offensive snaps in his 1 full season with Hue Jackson in Cleveland. Hue Jackson hoped Corbett would set the world on fire at a position he wasn't expected to play in the NFL, Jackson was an NFL HC for 4 years in which he had an 11-44-1 record, and he was let go in 2018. Freddie Kitchens took over as HC in 2019 and allowed Corbett 1 offensive snap during his tenure. Kitchens was let go following his one season with a record of 6-10, and both he & Jackson have been reduced to college coaching ever since. A year before Corbett was drafted, Cleveland paid a bundle to JC Trettor to start at Center, so there was no interest in developing Corbett at Center or OG at that time.

The local media reported following the Rams/Cleveland trade that Corbett was brought in to 'help' a struggling Bryan Allen who started the season at Center, and Corbett was learning the center calls for a couple weeks until Allen went down to injury, forcing Blythe to Center as the only guy who knew the system and all the calls. At this point Corbett was immediately brought in to start as an OG with our injury depleted OL. Corbett went from 15 total offensive snaps in 1 1/2 years in Cleveland to 1660 total offensive snaps in his 1 1/2 years starting with the Rams.
As fans we have all seen how Blythe is consistently overpowered at both OG & C, we've also watched Corbett develop as a major upgrade, so I would expect Corbett to now have a strong grasp of our offensive system and with his current learning curve and a full off/pre-season learning the signs/signals & calls in order to best communicate with Goff.

During the pre-season I was one of the few advocating for shifting Corbett to Center in 2020 while saving his CAP and dismissing Blythe, instead we kept him and watched him as turnstile throughout the season. Corbett should be a much better option starting at Center than some middle round draftee, ... the only alternative lies with a greatly improved Brian Allen, and I'm not holding my breath waiting on that.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Are you convinced in Blythe as our C ?

If you recall, Corbett was drafted with the first pick of the 2'nd round (#33 overall), he had been favored comparably with Joel Bitonio during the pre-draft process, although his HC wanted him to play OT. Corbett had a total of 14 NFL offensive snaps in his 1 full season with Hue Jackson in Cleveland. Hue Jackson hoped Corbett would set the world on fire at a position he wasn't expected to play in the NFL, Jackson was an NFL HC for 4 years in which he had an 11-44-1 record, and he was let go in 2018. Freddie Kitchens took over as HC in 2019 and allowed Corbett 1 offensive snap during his tenure. Kitchens was let go following his one season with a record of 6-10, and both he & Jackson have been reduced to college coaching ever since. A year before Corbett was drafted, Cleveland paid a bundle to JC Trettor to start at Center, so there was no interest in developing Corbett at Center or OG at that time.

The local media reported following the Rams/Cleveland trade that Corbett was brought in to 'help' a struggling Bryan Allen who started the season at Center, and Corbett was learning the center calls for a couple weeks until Allen went down to injury, forcing Blythe to Center as the only guy who knew the system and all the calls. At this point Corbett was immediately brought in to start as an OG with our injury depleted OL. Corbett went from 15 total offensive snaps in 1 1/2 years in Cleveland to 1660 total offensive snaps in his 1 1/2 years starting with the Rams.
As fans we have all seen how Blythe is consistently overpowered at both OG & C, we've also watched Corbett develop as a major upgrade, so I would expect Corbett to now have a strong grasp of our offensive system and with his current learning curve and a full off/pre-season learning the signs/signals & calls in order to best communicate with Goff.

During the pre-season I was one of the few advocating for shifting Corbett to Center in 2020 while saving his CAP and dismissing Blythe, instead we kept him and watched him as turnstile throughout the season. Corbett should be a much better option starting at Center than some middle round draftee, ... the only alternative lies with a greatly improved Brian Allen, and I'm not holding my breath waiting on that.
Im Definitely not ok with Blythe. Thats my point.
If Corbett couldn't beat Blythe out for the C position this year, why would he be an upgrade at C next year?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Im Definitely not ok with Blythe. Thats my point.
If Corbett couldn't beat Blythe out for the C position this year, why would he be an upgrade at C next year?

Sorry, I thought I had explained that in the previous post, so let me go a little further.

Skill levels coming out of college couldn't have been more clear, Corbett was drafted at #33 overall, Blythe was a 7'th round pick. I would have little problem with Blythe as a back-up, but he's been way overhead in pay & skill as a starting level player and it's beyond time for the Rams to take the Center position more seriously. Corbett is bigger and stronger than Blythe, he proved that with his play at RG this season, something which allows us an immediate comparable to how Blythe played the position. Corbett has the size and build to play Center as OG's tend towards the larger, but Corbett still held up quite well, including rag-dolling some opponents on a number of occasions.

Why do you believe Corbett might not be as much of an upgrade at Center as he has proven to be at RG ?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Browns tried Corbett at center and he was said to be awful. Worse there than at OG. Though C was his projection coming out of college, I don't think he's ever really played the position.

I question the Chargers wanting Havenstein after signing RT Bryan Bulanga just last year if I'm not mistaken.

So the Browns tried Corbett at Center and he was said to be awful ? Which snap created this opinion ? It's well documented that Corbett had only 15 offensive snaps during his year and a half with Cleveland, no knowing if any of them were at Center, so which play tanked his future in Cleveland ?

Sam Tevi is the RT who replaced Joe Barksdale a couple years ago, and was moved to LT for the 2020 season while Bulaga was brought in at RT. Tevi is now a free agent. Bulaga is expensive and has been oft-injured during his career. The Chargers OL needs are pretty much everywhere, although Bulaga can easily return to LT where I believe he played most of his snaps with Green Bay.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sorry, I thought I had explained that in the previous post, so let me go a little further.

Skill levels coming out of college couldn't have been more clear, Corbett was drafted at #33 overall, Blythe was a 7'th round pick. I would have little problem with Blythe as a back-up, but he's been way overhead in pay & skill as a starting level player and it's beyond time for the Rams to take the Center position more seriously. Corbett is bigger and stronger than Blythe, he proved that with his play at RG this season, something which allows us an immediate comparable to how Blythe played the position. Corbett has the size and build to play Center as OG's tend towards the larger, but Corbett still held up quite well, including rag-dolling some opponents on a number of occasions.

Why do you believe Corbett might not be as much of an upgrade at Center as he has proven to be at RG ?
Blythe wasn't as bad at RG when he was between Sullivan and Havenstien. I'm not saying he was great, but he managed.
Blythe at C wasn't a huge leap from what we had with Allen. Both were bad.
If Corbett is the better C between the 2, why wasn't he playing C this season?
Wouldn't it have been better to have Corbett at C and Blythe at RG?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Blythe wasn't as bad at RG when he was between Sullivan and Havenstien. I'm not saying he was great, but he managed.
Blythe at C wasn't a huge leap from what we had with Allen. Both were bad.
If Corbett is the better C between the 2, why wasn't he playing C this season?
Wouldn't it have been better to have Corbett at C and Blythe at RG?

I believe it would have been better to have Corbett at Center along with a free agent playing RG, ... of course, I would have never let Saffold go either, so a free agent OG would not have been a necessary expense. The Rams drafted 2 OT's for 2019 (Evans, Edwards) and they spent a 7'th round pick on an OG (Anchron) for 2020. We also lost Brewer for the season due to Covid as he had previous health issues. Both Noteboom & Allen had already failed at LG and Center, and Havenstein had a terrible 2019 season. If it wasn't for Edwards & Corbett meeting the challenge and Akers partially filling the Gurley gap, 2020 could have been much worse. My point is that the Rams have done very little outside of the Whitworth acquisition to build Goff a truly solid OL. Goff is a good QB, he'll never be elite, but he has shown he is capable of leading a decent team to the play-offs on multiple occasions in his relatively short career here. Give Goff better protection behind an improved OL and the offense will shine brighter.
Blythe was a worse RG than Center, although that's not saying much when you aren't very good at either position, it's past time to part with him and move on, ... we'll be better for it.
jmo.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
OK Guys, money (CAP) is tight, so with this opening round of mocks, i'll avoid all but one trade scenario or the addition of future potential outside Free Agents until we have more information on what the NFL decides for the true 2021 NFL CAP allowance. Losing our DC Staley was a blow, but we do receive two 3'rd round Comp picks for losing Brad Holmes to Detroit, one in 2021 and another for 2022. There has been speculation that our OC Kevin O'Connell may soon follow Staley to the Chargers, although this would require permission from the Rams as the job isn't a positional change or upgrade, but a sideways move. Anyway, this is why i'm proposing the following trade ; O'Connell & Havenstein to the Chargers for their 3'rd round pick, thus giving the Rams four 3'rd round picks once we include our two Comp picks received for losing Fowler last season & Holmes last week. Hell, I'll toss in C Brian Allen if need be so long as we draft another Center. The Chargers have the available CAP as well as a need to improve their OL, the Rams meanwhile should be able to re-sign Leonard Floyd to a 3 or 4 year contract at first year or less money than what Havenstein's CAP cost is projected to be in 2021. With Whitworth returning at LT, Noteboom, Evans, & both new rookie OT's (Little & Borom) can compete for the starting RT position. With Corbett moving inside to Center, something I had wished for 2020, and with Brewer returning from his Covid protocol, Evans, Anchron, Brewer & Borom will compete for Corbett's former job at RG.
2021 will be our 5'th season in a row without a first round pick, also, hopefully, our last in quite awhile.
Combining an improved OL with a true blocking FB instead of relying on Everett should help both Goff & our RB corps.
As mentioned earlier, without knowing what we are looking at yet for our 2021 CAP, any outside free agents we might afford can only bolster our team depth, but if we can't participate in the manner we would prefer, I believe this draft mock can keep us in the running as a play-off contender. jmo.

Re-Sign :

OLB Leonard Floyd
DL Morgan Fox
LS Jake McQuaide
CB Darious Williams
ILB Travin Howard
OL Coleman Shelton
TE Johnny Mundt

Departing Free Agents :

SS John Johnson III
CB Troy Hill
OL Austin Blythe
HB Malcolm Brown
TE Gerald Everett
WR Josh Reynolds
OLB Samson Ebukam
QB Blake Bortles

Trade :

OC O'Connell & RT Havenstein for Chargers 3'rd round pick. (#77 overall)

2020 NFL Draft * :

1) n/a
2) OT - Walker Little, Stan.
3a) CB - Eric Stokes, Ga.
3b) S - Talanoa Hufanga, USC
3c) ILB - Baron Browning, Oh.St.
3d) C - Trey Hill, Ga.
4) WR - Braydon Johnson, Ok.St.
5) n/a
6) FB - Ben Mason, Mi.
7) OT/OG - Larry Borom, Mo.

Rams 2020 53 Roster :

OFFENSE (25)

QB :
Goff
Wolford

OL :
Whitworth
Noteboom
Little*
Edwards
Evans
Corbett
Borom*
Hill*
Brewer or Anchrum

RB's :
Akers
Henderson
Xavier Jones or Raymond Calais
FB - Mason*

TE's :
Higbee
Mundt
Blanton
Hopkins

WR's :
Woods
Kupp
Van Jefferson
Webster
Jackson
Johnson*

DEFENCE (25)

DL :
Donald
Brockers
Robinson
Gaines
Joseph
Fox or Copeland

ILB's :
Browning*
Howard
Kiser
Reeder
Young

OLB's :
Floyd
Lewis
Hollins
Okoronkwo
OLB/DE Lawler

CB's :
Ramsey
Stokes*
Long
Williams
Deayon

Safeties :
Hufanga*
Fuller
Burgess
Rapp

Special Teams (3) :

Hekker
Gay
McQuaide

* Denotes drafted rookie

We have S: Scott, Hughes (PS)

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We have S: Scott, Hughes (PS)

True, although I didn't wish to confuse my mock by referring to the new CBA rules. Scott/Hughes or others could be added to the roster of 53/55 as the two members from the practice squad who become game day eligible without risk of being waivered following the game.
I wasn't planning on naming a Practice Squad until a week or so following the final free agent period which could result in some personnel changes.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I believe it would have been better to have Corbett at Center along with a free agent playing RG, ... of course, I would have never let Saffold go either, so a free agent OG would not have been a necessary expense. The Rams drafted 2 OT's for 2019 (Evans, Edwards) and they spent a 7'th round pick on an OG (Anchron) for 2020. We also lost Brewer for the season due to Covid as he had previous health issues. Both Noteboom & Allen had already failed at LG and Center, and Havenstein had a terrible 2019 season. If it wasn't for Edwards & Corbett meeting the challenge and Akers partially filling the Gurley gap, 2020 could have been much worse. My point is that the Rams have done very little outside of the Whitworth acquisition to build Goff a truly solid OL. Goff is a good QB, he'll never be elite, but he has shown he is capable of leading a decent team to the play-offs on multiple occasions in his relatively short career here. Give Goff better protection behind an improved OL and the offense will shine brighter.
Blythe was a worse RG than Center, although that's not saying much when you aren't very good at either position, it's past time to part with him and move on, ... we'll be better for it.
jmo.
I completely agree....with everything.
I was extremely worried about our offense coming into 2020. Many of us were.
It turned out that our concerns about our line were confirmed.

I just don't want to see that position neglected again this offseason.
Getting our interior line solved this offseason has to be priority #1.

I like the idea of getting Warford. In addition, I'd also like to see a C drafted very early...as long as there is someone worth taking a shot at.

I was pissed last draft when we just sat back and watched as Centers fell off the board and it was clear we were going to roll with the underperformi guys that we already had.

Memphis Ram

Legend
So the Browns tried Corbett at Center and he was said to be awful ? Which snap created this opinion ? It's well documented that Corbett had only 15 offensive snaps during his year and a half with Cleveland, no knowing if any of them were at Center, so which play tanked his future in Cleveland ?

Sam Tevi is the RT who replaced Joe Barksdale a couple years ago, and was moved to LT for the 2020 season while Bulaga was brought in at RT. Tevi is now a free agent. Bulaga is expensive and has been oft-injured during his career. The Chargers OL needs are pretty much everywhere, although Bulaga can easily return to LT where I believe he played most of his snaps with Green Bay.

Bulaga played RT in Green Bay. Bakhtiari was and has been the LT. And he may be expensive, but he just got his deal last year.

I don't recall how many snaps Corbett got in actual games. But, the Browns training camp practice reports I read when the Rams acquired him weren't very kind at all regarding his attempted transition to center.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I completely agree....with everything.
I was extremely worried about our offense coming into 2020. Many of us were.
It turned out that our concerns about our line were confirmed.

I just don't want to see that position neglected again this offseason.
Getting our interior line solved this offseason has to be priority #1.

I like the idea of getting Warford. In addition, I'd also like to see a C drafted very early...as long as there is someone worth taking a shot at.

I was pissed last draft when we just sat back and watched as Centers fell off the board and it was clear we were going to roll with the underperformi guys that we already had.

I avoided Free Agent acquisitions in this mock because we are in negative CAP territory and there is little room to maneuver additional CAP availability unless the NFL authorizes some form of Covid dispensation. On this note, Warford, if affordable, makes for an interesting potential choice. Thing for me is, after all the OL problems the Rams had in 2019, they did so little to address the interior where it seemed like a no-brainer prior to the 2020 season. Instead they chose to develop in-house. Corbett & Edwards appear to be success stories with their trial by fire period, and the team has had an additional year to develop young players like Evans, Noteboom, Anchrum & Demby, we can also look forward to Brewer's return. I have a serious preference for drafting a LT early, someone who will eventually compete for Whitworth's job but may also compete immediately for a RT or OL role. Because money is so tight, i'm prepared to sacrifice Havenstein for Floyd who I believe is far more important to the team, and drafting an OT not only provides a safety buffer for Whitworth's position, it brings excellent competition for filling an open RT job. Withworth's imminent retirement, whether it follow the 2021 season or the next, and Noteboom's less than stellar play has me looking in this direction rather than drafting a Center high when we may have a good one (Corbett) already available on the roster. We've seen Noteboom at LG & LT, i'd really like to see what he can do at RT before he hits free agency following the 2021 season.
The Rams have a lot of positions to fill as we have so many key players entering free agency, it's going to be necessary to use our draft picks wisely, and being up against the CAP wall won't make it any easier. jmo.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I don't recall how many snaps Corbett got in actual games. But, the Browns training camp practice reports I read when the Rams acquired him weren't very kind at all regarding his attempted transition to center.

Links ?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I avoided Free Agent acquisitions in this mock because we are in negative CAP territory and there is little room to maneuver additional CAP availability unless the NFL authorizes some form of Covid dispensation. On this note, Warford, if affordable, makes for an interesting potential choice. Thing for me is, after all the OL problems the Rams had in 2019, they did so little to address the interior where it seemed like a no-brainer prior to the 2020 season. Instead they chose to develop in-house. Corbett & Edwards appear to be success stories with their trial by fire period, and the team has had an additional year to develop young players like Evans, Noteboom, Anchrum & Demby, we can also look forward to Brewer's return. I have a serious preference for drafting a LT early, someone who will eventually compete for Whitworth's job but may also compete immediately for a RT or OL role. Because money is so tight, i'm prepared to sacrifice Havenstein for Floyd who I believe is far more important to the team, and drafting an OT not only provides a safety buffer for Whitworth's position, it brings excellent competition for filling an open RT job. Withworth's imminent retirement, whether it follow the 2021 season or the next, and Noteboom's less than stellar play has me looking in this direction rather than drafting a Center high when we may have a good one (Corbett) already available on the roster. We've seen Noteboom at LG & LT, i'd really like to see what he can do at RT before he hits free agency following the 2021 season.
The Rams have a lot of positions to fill as we have so many key players entering free agency, it's going to be necessary to use our draft picks wisely, and being up against the CAP wall won't make it any easier. jmo.
Unfortunately, a LT may be needed as well.
Note had some very bad plays while subbing for Whit.
He was better a LT than LG, but that isn't saying much.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sorry, but I'm not going to spend time searching Browns forums again for old training camp posts and articles. Especially 2 years after the fact. This Covid situation has me on lockdown, but I'm not that bored.:p

That's OK, i've done it for you.

Hue Jackson initially drafted him in 2018 to be an OT even though most draft pundits had predicted his future as a more likely OG or OC. The Browns already had Tretter at Center and Bitonio & Zeitler at OG, the team need was at OT. In 2019 new HC Freddie Kitchens let Zeitler get away as a cost saving move while hoping Corbett would take over. It wasn't working out during the pre-season and Corbett also had some bad pre-season snaps at Center, both being positions he hadn't played in college.
What a difference a GM, HC, OC and an offensive line coach can make in just a few weeks as Snead, McVay & Kromer allowed for an apparent Corbett epiphany.

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
That's OK, i've done it for you.

Hue Jackson initially drafted him in 2018 to be an OT even though most draft pundits had predicted his future as a more likely OG or OC. The Browns already had Tretter at Center and Bitonio & Zeitler at OG, the team need was at OT. In 2019 new HC Freddie Kitchens let Zeitler get away as a cost saving move while hoping Corbett would take over. It wasn't working out during the pre-season and Corbett also had some bad pre-season snaps at Center, both being positions he hadn't played in college.
What a difference a GM, HC, OC and an offensive line coach can make in just a few weeks as Snead, McVay & Kromer allowed for an apparent Corbett epiphany.

But, my comments were in regards to how he was looking at center during camp via the reports I read. I didn't even get into his play at guard with caused the team to replace him with some kid the Rams cut I think.

Could he make the switch now with a different staff? Sure. But, I wouldn't go into an offseason banking on it as the transition just has to be harder than going from OT to OG.

Edit. I got lost in the extremely long paragraph, but in re-reading your mock draft I see that you have a center drafted to compete.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I would say two reasons: (1) you put your best five out there (Blythe failed miserably at RG last year), and (2) we didn't have a full off-season and preseason to test out our OL combinations and get Corbett ready if he was able to make the switch. Blythe, Corbett, and Edwards started inside last year. Keeping that combo gave us continuity and a Center who was experienced playing the position in live action.