RIP Tommy Davis ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Passing of a legend. RIP

Yup, those were some glory years with the likes of Tommy & Willy Davis, Maury Wills, Johnny Roseboro, Wes Parker, Jim Gilliam, Koufax, Drysdale, Osteen & so many more.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yup, those were some glory years with the likes of Tommy & Willy Davis, Maury Wills, Johnny Roseboro, Wes Parker, Jim Gilliam, Koufax, Drysdale, Osteen & so many more.
'62 and '63 Tommy was as good as it gets.

Tano

Legend
RIP Tommy

62 to 66 I was way too young to follow baseball.

I wish I could have seen those years.

Some great Dodger baseball in those 5 years

62 would have been a killer though. Giants winning the pennant in a playoff would have just killed me.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP Tommy

62 to 66 I was way too young to follow baseball.

I wish I could have seen those years.

Some great Dodger baseball in those 5 years

62 would have been a killer though. Giants winning the pennant in a playoff would have just killed me.
I became a Dodger fan and a Giant hater at the age of 8 in 1962. I had seen my first game at the age of 4 in the nose bleed seats on the 3rd base side of the LA Colosseum in '58. Then at 5 years of age my dad who was doing graduate work at USC took me to an executives office on the ground level of the Colosseum where a man gave me an autographed 8.5 by 11 glossy black and white portrait of Duke Snider. He also took me outside and showed me field where they played.
We moved to northern California in 1961 and in 1962, I kept my allegiance to the Dodgers (dad became a Giants fan). I was watching game 3 of that play-off at my little Giant friends house when the Giants scored 4 in the top of the 9th to win 6 to 4. Needless to say I was crushed.
These 3 games were considered an extension of the regular season for records purposes. Tommy Davis drove in 153 runs that year and hit a home run in that third game. ( Maury Wills stole 4 bases in that series, increasing his total to 104 for the year).
RIP Tommy, I will never forget you. Here is an article on Tommy and the 1962 season. (230 hits, no LA Dodger has matched.)