RIP Olivia de Havilland dies at 104 Years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
joe.jpg
Scarlett

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Scarlett in "Gone with the Wind," is the last cast member to pass away for a movie released before WW2. Just, wow.

Olivia de Havalland was not Scarlett.

She played Melanie, who was married to Ashley Wilkes, who was Scarlett’s true love.

I am not proud that I know this.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

She played Melanie, who was married to Ashley Wilkes, who was Scarlett’s true love.

Were you one of the poor souls who had this played in history class? I was. Hated every aspect about the movie.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Were you one of the poor souls who had this played in history class? I was. Hated every aspect about the movie.
No. Just a son who loved his mother; and, when she got older and was limited physically, would watch old movies with her.

And, to be honest, do not regret a second of it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

*takes man card...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. Just a son who loved his mother; and, when she got older and was limited physically, would watch old movies with her.

And, to be honest, do not regret a second of it.

That's fair.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
She was in a lot of movies with Errol Flynn. Of course they were contracted to the same studio so that figures. But a lot of good movies. Robin Hood, Captain Blood, They Died with their Boots On, Dodge City, Santa Fe Trail, etc. I used to watch them with my pops and he saw them so many times, he could play any part. :) A pretty lady and an excellent actress who was rarely the lead role.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
A little OT but the playwright for 'Gone with the Wind' was Sidney Howard. "He excelled at edgy American stories about charismatic but somewhat unlikable characters.". He was a big name in Hollywood. At 48 years old in 1939, he was crushed by his tractor while working on it in his garage. Olivia was the last to die, I wonder if he was the first.

I never heard of Sydney Howard before. Then one night I was watching 'Ghost inside my Child' this young kid was always talking about needing to finish his work, writing a story, and being crushed by a tractor. He also loved 'Gone with the Wind', which is unusual for a young kid. The parents pieced it altogether and all of his rambling points to him being Sydney Howard reincarnated. (I left out many of the details btw.) That was one freaky show.

'The Ghost Inside My Child' is available on Prime but $$. Or you can watch it for free on imdb. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3107588/episodesseason=1ref_=tt_wbr_fdv

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
For anyone that enjoys older films, she starred in two terrific movies in 1964.

Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte, with Betty Davis is well known but the other was Lady in a Cage. Her co-star was a young James Caan. Very intense for its time.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
So everyone knows Gone With the Wind won for best picture. But do you know which pictures lost to GWTW for the best picture?

Gone With the Wind
Dark Victory
Goodbye, Mr. Chips
Love Affair
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
Ninotchka
Of Mice and Men
Stagecoach
The Wizard of Oz
Wuthering Heights

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Late on this but RIP and my Grandfather loved Olivia de Havalland loved her so much, I have an Aunt Melanie