RIP Eddie Money

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
So soon after he announced the cancer.

Eddie Money has been my favorite solo act since I discovered him as a teenager. This fucks me up inside a bit. Said the same with Joe Cocker...but it seems appropriate...The world is a little less cool today.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wow.

I saw him live when Daytona Beach was still the home for MTV during Spring Break. He held a free concert on the beach during the madness that was happening then with Spring Break and the MTV cameras. I wasn't really a big fan of his... but I still have some wild memories from his concert that day. So I thank him for those at least.

RIP

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Posted a tribute in the Song of the Day thread this morning.

Great songs back in the ‘80s.

...but I can’t go back. I know...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0JqC2UDpoE

Just noticed on this video toward the end. The keyboard player was Kevin Gilbert. I forgot he toured with Eddie Money during this era.

He later dated Cheryl Crow, and wrote most of her stuff on her debut album, (All I wanna do, etc.)

She dumped him once she took off. I don’t think he ever was able to get past it. He got pretty bitter. This was the song he wrote about that experience. Tragically, he died a few years later, too. Man, it’s been 23 years.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGMEIX1a5Y

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Just noticed on this video toward the end. The keyboard player was Kevin Gilbert. I forgot he toured with Eddie Money during this era.

He later dated Cheryl Crow, and wrote most of her stuff on her debut album, (All I wanna do, etc.)

She dumped him once she took off. I don’t think he ever was able to get past it. He got pretty bitter. This was the song he wrote about that experience. Tragically, he died a few years later, too. Man, it’s been 23 years.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRGMEIX1a5Y

Wow...a Toy Matinee reference... That was, in my opinion, a pretty darned good album! Last Plane Out, Queen of Misery, Ballad of Jenny Ledge...all good stuff. Kevin Gilbert went to high school up the peninsula from where I did. I met him once after a Giraffe show in San Jose. I don't remember much of that encounter as I was quite hammered. A very talented musician for sure!!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Wow...a Toy Matinee reference... That was, in my opinion, a pretty darned good album! Last Plane Out, Queen of Misery, Ballad of Jenny Ledge...all good stuff. Kevin Gilbert went to high school up the peninsula from where I did. I met him once after a Giraffe show in San Jose. I don't remember much of that encounter as I was quite hammered. A very talented musician for sure!!
Yeah. Serra high. I didn’t know Kevin well. He was always that guy in the band. In the school plays. Etc. I didn’t really know about his success until years after he died.

Tragic. He was
Getting ready to fly out and meet with the guys from Genesis the Monday after he died.

Last edited:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Man. Yeah, bummed.

Eddie Money had a lot of good “sing along” songs... if you were born before 1980... whether you could sing or not... admit it... you have sung out loud an Eddie Money lyric!

(y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I'm just sad beyond belief I love this guy he was just a great performer.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
So soon after he announced the cancer.

Eddie Money has been my favorite solo act since I discovered him as a teenager. This fucks me up inside a bit. Said the same with Joe Cocker...but it seems appropriate...The world is a little less cool today.

Very sad , I read like a month or so ago , he had gone in for just a regular check up and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer , sounded like it was quite unexpected

very sad news indeed

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
He received constant play on the radio, juke box, DJ events etc. 2 tickets to Paradise, Take Me Home, Baby Hold On, so sad to learn of his death. RIP

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I saw him about 1988 here in Ventura at a small theater and you would have thought it was the Beatles playing the way the crowd was going nuts. Quite possibly the most responsive crowd I've ever seen and I've seen 70 to 80+ concerts in my lifetime (maybe more). The sad thing is, we "boomers" are going to lose a ton of our music icons in the next 10 years, so buckle up, it's going to be a devastating ride. Goodness, I'm Debbie Downers' brother!

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This ones been tough for me. I guess what I admired most about Eddie was just about the time you thought he was ready for the where are they now file. Here he came again better than ever. It was like dam I missed you man. Its my hope that in some alternate universe me and my buds and our girls are still roaring thru the night toasted blaring Two Tickets so loud our ears bleed.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Was never a huge fan, but when he came to play at my work I was really impressed by how large his catalogue was and by how good he still delivered the songs. He had his daughter along for the tour to help keep him in line and sober, and was extremely candid about his cocaine and alcohol addictions. His stories were very endearing and I have been waiting for his return, which will sadly never happen.
RIP Eddie Money