RIP Colby Cave...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Edmonton Oilers player died of a brain bleed at the tender age of twenty-five. He leaves behind a newlywed wife (whose Instagram tribute about him shattered my heart and left me a sobbing mess) and his parents.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Who?
I mean there is so much death going on right now I can’t keep track of who is dying anymore.
We may wanna rethink the ROD Obituary standards during this pandemic. I mean, if this guy makes it we will have to post thousands and thousands of posts with nurses, doctors, nuns, etc.... who also dying and far more heroic
Maybe we be really selective for at least the next 3 months
You know what i mean?
Hit me with the inappropriate button if you must
I wish we knew who was getting born so we could post more positive stuff, like Little Timmy was born today - 40 years from now he’ll go on to be cure hemorrhoids

Anyway

RIP Colby Cave

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who?
I mean there is so much death going on right now I can’t keep track of who is dying anymore.
We may wanna rethink the ROD Obituary standards during this pandemic. I mean, if this guy makes it we will have to post thousands and thousands of posts with nurses, doctors, nuns, etc.... who are dying and far more heroic and most of all worthy
Maybe we be really selective for at least the next 3 months
You know what i mean?
Hit me with the inappropriate button if you must
I wish we knew who was getting born so we could post more positive stuff

Anyway

RIP Colby Cave

Just because you're not a hockey fan doesn't mean that his death doesn't matter enough for the ROD obituary standards (and I must've been gone a while because I don't remember any sort of standards.)And he didn't die from Covid-19; he died from a fatal brain bleed.

We post deaths of musicians all the time; why not a sports figure?

Last edited:

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Just because you're not a hockey fan doesn't mean that his death doesn't matter. And he didn't die from Covid-19; he died from a fatal brain bleed.

We post deaths of musicians all the time; why not a sports figure?

I don’t know.... maybe I’m wrong
It’s just I love Hockey and don’t know who he is. Some 3rd line Oiler?

I just don’t know who he is
Never heard of the guy
And I know he didn’t die from covid

I don’t know, just.... I don’r know

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t know.... maybe I’m wrong
It’s just I love Hockey and don’t know who he is. Some 3rd line Oiler?

I just don’t know who he is
Never heard of the guy
And I know he didn’t die from covid

I don’t know, just.... I don’r know

Fair enough. It's still rare to see an athlete die so at so young an age. Hence why I posted it. And his new wife's Instagram post was absolutely heartbreaking.

Just saying.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
He was an AHLer who got called up from time to time...Teammates loved him, he had a great attitude. Never had the "Why can't I make the big club attitude.