RIP Burt Reynolds

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This really sucks. One of my favorite actors of all time. Rest In Peace Burt.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Damn... he's one of my favorites too. Plus he played football at FSU.

RIP Bandit

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truly sad here he was one of the greats in film. Of all his films I think this scene made me laugh the hardest. The way he walks there hahaha

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Got a chance to meet Burt back in '85 when he was still big. I did the color guard for the '85 Touchdown Club Awards Night in DC. Also stood back stage with Dickerson, Shula and Marino that night, there to receive awards.

Burt and Dom Deloise were there to host the event. All of us Military guys took an 8x10 with him, and the photographer was nice enough to mail it to me. I'll post it later when I get home.

RIP Burt.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Uggh.
Probably the last great actor that starred on the drive-in screen.
One of my favorite actors of all time.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RIP Burt “The Bandit” Reynolds. I just know you are crashing through them heavenly pearly gates in a black ‘77 Trans Am! You will be missed! Bandit out.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...-deliverance-boogie-nights-star-was-82-831093

In John Boorman's Deliverance (1972), based on a book by James Dickey, Reynolds starred as macho survivalist Lewis Medlock, one of four guys from Atlanta who head to the wilderness for the weekend. Filmed by Vilmos Zsigmond along the Chattooga River near the Georgia-South Carolina border, it was an arduous production that Boorman shot in sequence.

"When I asked John why, he said, 'In case one of you drowns,' " Reynolds wrote.

He had good reason. When Reynolds saw test footage of a dummy in a canoe going over the falls in one scene, he told Boorman the scene looked fake. He climbed into the canoe, was sent crashing into the rocks and ended up in the hospital. "I asked [Boorman] how [the new footage] looked, and he said, 'Like a dummy going over the falls,' " Reynolds wrote. :LOL:

Smokey and the Bandit (1977), written and directed by his pal, the legendary stuntman Hal Needham, grossed $126 million (that's $508 million today, and only Star Wars took in more that year). Reynolds, who stars as Bo "Bandit" Darville, hired to transport 400 cases of Coors from Texas to Atlanta in 28 hours, noted that, unbelievable as it sounds, Smokey was Alfred Hitchcock's favorite movie.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Thought that I'd go ahead and share this embarrassing story with you guys.

I'm thinking this was about the time I was HS freshman in age. I used to rock a stache very similar to what Burt had in The Smokey and The Bandit movies. Believe it or not, that was actually an "in" look back in those days. Anyway, the girls I went to school with liked it... a few of them signed my yearbook at the end of the year calling me Burt Reynolds because of my weak ass stache. LOL

I look back at lots of pictures of myself from those days and cringe... then I laugh.

Good times.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Smokey and the Bandit , one of my top 2 favorite movies of all time

R.I.P.

200.gif

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
82 - good for him. Ain’t like his goal in life was to take good care of himself.
He was a pistol.
Other than Robin Williams, never really “felt” much when actors I like die.
Burt was just one of those guys that had “it”
R. I. P. Buddy.

fearsomefour

Legend
Thought that I'd go ahead and share this embarrassing story with you guys.

I'm thinking this was about the time I was HS freshman in age. I used to rock a stache very similar to what Burt had in The Smokey and The Bandit movies. Believe it or not, that was actually an "in" look back in those days. Anyway, the girls I went to school with liked it... a few of them signed my yearbook at the end of the year calling me Burt Reynolds because of my weak ass stache. LOL

I look back at lots of pictures of myself from those days and cringe... then I laugh.

Good times.
A freshman?
I still can't grow a decent stash.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
His role in Boogie Nights was criminally underrated. Deliverance was one of the greatest movies ever. He was also noted for turning down some of the biggest roles in Hollywood history in his prime.

Guy was the definition of cool and macho back in the day.

RIP

Last edited:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Got a chance to meet Burt back in '85 when he was still big. I did the color guard for the '85 Touchdown Club Awards Night in DC. Also stood back stage with Dickerson, Shula and Marino that night, there to receive awards.

Burt and Dom Deloise were there to host the event. All of us Military guys took an 8x10 with him, and the photographer was nice enough to mail it to me. I'll post it later when I get home.

RIP Burt.

46A8D9B2-AB2A-4508-B47B-D525561BC7B0.jpeg

Me ‘n Burt hanging back stage at the Touchdown Club Awards Night in ‘85. Dickerson was just a few steps away, too. Cool experience! Didn’t get a pic with him, though. :(

Me and Burt headed out later and slayed some Betty’s in Georgetown. What a night!!:whistle:

...:unsure:actually it was just the picture.

Edit: notice Dom Deloise peeking over a guys shoulder on the left. :LOL:
I’m off Burt’s left shoulder, up front.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Burt had the personality, looks and charisma. I am sure he lived well. I would have been happy with his leftovers.

He was my favorite character on SNL's Celebrity Jeopardy. Norm MacDonald really pulled that off well. I loved Cannonball Run in my younger days. Humor was kind of corny back then but it worked. He had a good run himself.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Yeah, he was one of my favorite actors. Still waiting to get my hands on a "Bandit One!"

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
His role in Boogie Nights was criminally underrated. Deliverance was one of the greatest movies ever. He was also noted for turning down some of the biggest roles in Hollywood history in his prime.

You are completely correct and Dan LeBatard just played some highlights of an interview he did with BR that is totally worth getting on Google to find. I think it was on his show Friday. It was funny, you'll love it.

He turned down a bunch of nice rolls including Pretty Woman which eventually went to Richard Gere and put him over the top.

He also turned down James Bond because he felt the character had to have an accent.

Originally he didn't want to do Deliverance but the director kept calling and I'm guessing the offer finally got too much to turn down. Good move because that is an iconic movie and the banjo scene is elite filmography.