Rex Ryan fires back at Pete Carroll

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/rex-ryan-fires-back-at-pete-carroll-for-coach-your-own-guys-jab/

It all started when Richard Sherman steamrolled Bills kicker Dan Carpenter just before halftime on Monday night. The Seahawks cornerback was flagged for jumping offsides, but inexplicably, not for roughing the kicker. For good measure, officials botched another call seconds later, and the Bills ended up missing the field goal.

Fast forward to later in the game when Sherman intercepted a Tyrod Taylorpass near the Bills' sidelines and used the opportunity to taunt Bills coach Rex Ryan.

"He's mean-mugging like he's always doing and whatever," Ryan told reporters after the game. "Guy's a great player, but he does, you know. I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought, I thought he roughed our kicker. It was a ridiculous play, no question. Then he's over on the sideline basically taunting us, so I had some words. I think I said 'You're too good a player to act like an ass.' I think that's what I said."

It is with some irony that Ryan, a man known for his bluster, would call out someone else. That said, he ain't wrong. Still, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll didn't appreciate it, telling 710 ESPN Seattle, "I just wish he'd coach his own team. That's it. Just coach your own guys."

And because we're talking about Rex Ryan, he of course had a response to Carroll's response to Ryan's initial response.

"I do coach my own guys but I forgot, I guess I should have asked Pete when somebody asked me a question about one of his players, I should have asked Pete about the appropriate response I guess," Ryan said on a Tuesday conference call.

In related news: Carroll accused one of Ryan's players -- kicker Dan Carpenter -- of over-acting.

"He hams it up a little bit too [much], which makes it bad," Carroll said, ignoring his own advice.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Wait... what's that I hear?

Sounds like two fucking schoolgirls having a bitch-fest.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I would love to watch them fight. Pete would be jumping around like a monkey and slapping his hands and Rex would be getting frustrated trying to get a punch in. It would end with Pete making they wrong jump slap and getting caught right between the eyes.

And all of this fuss over that play. Why isn't it about how Sherman had a two second head start and it wasn't called? He was behind the line before the ball was snapped. Then he acts like he did something stupendous. Any NFL player could make that play with a head start like he had. The kicker should have just hauled off and kicked Sherman in the stomach.

jap

Legend
I would love to watch them fight. Pete would be jumping around like a monkey and slapping his hands and Rex would be getting frustrated trying to get a punch in. It would end with Pete making they wrong jump slap and getting caught right between the eyes.

And all of this fuss over that play. Why isn't it about how Sherman had a two second head start and it wasn't called? He was behind the line before the ball was snapped. Then he acts like he did something stupendous. Any NFL player could make that play with a head start like he had. The kicker should have just hauled off and kicked Sherman in the stomach.

The stomach? Why not aim a few inches lower?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
It would end with Pete making they wrong jump slap and getting caught right between the eyes.
200.gif

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I will take Rex over Pete any day I hate that POS. Sherman gets away with so much crap.

jap

Legend
I will take Rex over Pete any day I hate that POS. Sherman gets away with so much crap.

As long as our young receivers continue to burn him steadily, I'm fine with it. It'll be even better once the Golden Arm is directing the offense of the U.S.S. Horns, and Dickie Sherman getting burnt like cheap toast deep downfield every time we play the 'Hawks.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Its obvious pete has taken a shot or two on that nose that lays over one side of his face. I would love to see video of his nose getting smashed leaving it the way it is. Reminds me of my first fist fight after school at like 11 yrs old, I couldnt hit the kid anymore because the bridge of his nose was covering his right eye and I got a bit woozy lookin at it.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is somewhat unrelated, except that I would like to punch both of these guys in the face.

Pete Carroll and Pete Nelson almost seem like brothers. They somewhat alike, act a lot alike, and are both from the West Coast.

0-1-6.png

Pete-Carroll-Slider.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is somewhat unrelated, except that I would like to punch both of these guys in the face.

Pete Carroll and Pete Nelson almost seem like brothers. They somewhat alike, act a lot alike, and are both from the West Coast.

0-1-6.png

Pete-Carroll-Slider.jpg

K - but who the fuck is Pete Nelson?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The Tree house master. He acts just as kooky as Pete Carroll. I guess you have to watch the show to see where I am coming from.
Ah. Yep - never seen it.

BTW - I wasn't trying to be rude - just messing with you.