"Resolving host" issue with Chrome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
I have got to get this fixed! I have done searches and tried all sorts of things but I still get this message in the lower left hand portion of the screen "resolving host". When that happens, I cannot do anything related to the internet.

I have run a DNS flush (which restarts my computer), I disabled IP6 (or is it IPV6), I have cleared cache, refreshed IP, re-installed Chrome, everything I can find on my searches I have done. It happens in Chrome and IE. That's the only two browsers I have and I use Chrome exclusively. I am running Windows 7.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to fix this? Come football season I will get very frustrated if I have to restart my computer every 15 or 20 minutes when I'm streaming a Rams game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@VeteranRamFan

I use Chromium, a Linux version of Chrome, and have the same issue at times. When that happens I shut off the pc and unplug the router and the internet so that everything resets. Are you using a router or Wi-Fi?

PhxRam

I have got to get this fixed! I have done searches and tried all sorts of things but I still get this message in the lower left hand portion of the screen "resolving host". When that happens, I cannot do anything related to the internet.

I have run a DNS flush (which restarts my computer), I disabled IP6 (or is it IPV6), I have cleared cache, refreshed IP, re-installed Chrome, everything I can find on my searches I have done. It happens in Chrome and IE. That's the only two browsers I have and I use Chrome exclusively. I am running Windows 7.

Does anyone have any knowledge of how to fix this? Come football season I will get very frustrated if I have to restart my computer every 15 or 20 minutes when I'm streaming a Rams game.

have you tried using a different dns server other then the one supplied by your ISP?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
have you tried using a different dns server other then the one supplied by your ISP?
I checked that and it is set to 8888 and 8844. I thought those were Google. Do you know of others?

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
You know what, I had no idea so I googled it. In the process I found this site :

https://code.google.com/p/namebench/downloads/detail?name=namebench-1.3.1-Windows.exe

It ran a test to find the best (fastest) DNS server. The two I had for Google were way down the list and very poor response rates. So I followed their recommendations and changed them.

Let's see how this works. So far so good. Thanks for your help and giving me a second set of eyes on my problem.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
#PhxRam, things have been very stable since Monday night. Looks like we found the problem.

Thanks for the advise!

#Primetime, I didn't see your reply till just now. That was basicly what I had to do, shut down. It became very annoying. Try that DNS test site I listed in a prior response. It sure has helped me.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
@VeteranRamFan

I use Chromium, a Linux version of Chrome, and have the same issue at times. When that happens I shut off the pc and unplug the router and the internet so that everything resets. Are you using a router or Wi-Fi?
Check out my previous post on this. Should help!