Reports: Mark Sanchez is staying in Philadelphia

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/report-mark-sanchez-is-staying-in-philadelphia/

Chip Kelly’s running his offseason at the same kind of tempo he wants his offense to play on the field.

A flurry of moves (or at least apparently mutually agreed upon negotiating positions) continues, as the Eagles have reached an agreement to retain quarterback Mark Sanchez, according to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network.

According to Mike Garafolo of FOX Sports, it’s a two-year deal worth $9.5 million, with $5.5 million guaranteed.

Sanchez isn’t the same kind of big fish as cornerback Byron Maxwell or running back Frank Gore, and will quickly be overshadowed if they do something with wide receiver Jeremy Maclin.

But he does offer them a known commodity under center. Where he sits on the depth chart, or behind whom, remains interesting.

At this point, it’s reasonable to think the Eagles will try to make a play for Marcus Mariota until they don’t, based on the way Kelly’s done business this offseason as much as their former college ties.

But even if they can’t land the Oregon quarterback, Sanchez offers them someone to push Nick Foles.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I was secretly hoping to see him in the blue and gold next season, I'm quickly losing faith in next season already, we need a QB plan in place as soon as possible, I know Sam is plan A1, but we need a viable plan A2 and plan B.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Roto:
The deal includes $5.5 million guaranteed. Sanchez can earn another $7 million in incentives. It's believed announcing Jeremy Maclin's re-signing is next on the docket for the aggressive Eagles. Sanchez, 28, finished 2014 with a 64.1 completion rate, 14:11 TD-to-INT ratio, and 7.8 YPA -- all career bests -- but got worse the more he played and shouldn't be viewed by the Eagles as more than a desperate option to start games. As the Eagles are very likely to draft a quarterback, Sanchez's return signals that Nick Foles is on his way out, likely via trade.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Good move for them I guess, I don't think he was ever truly in play here either way.