Report: Rams unlikely to ink tagged Joyner ahead of deadline

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

The Los Angeles Rams and safety Lamarcus Joyner are not expected to come to terms on a long-term extension ahead of Monday's 4 p.m. ET deadline to signed franchise-tagged players, though the two sides remain in negotiations, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1571900

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's very good - but safeties overall didn't get big paydays this year. If he wants to keep on being paid at franchise levels, he is likely to be disappointed, and a free agent next year, with the savings going elsewhere.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think Joyner's good as gone. He probably won't be the priority, even in the secondary. It would surprise me if they do get him done.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Played great last year, doubt he gets the long term deal . Seems like safety has become easier to replace than RB.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Familiar story..Rams develop someone who is good and we get happy talk that both sides are working towards a deal the year before FA. This is almost a sure sign they will be gone because we never 'overpay'....

It appears that we just develop good players for the rest of the league.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
So here is a thread about Joyner and y oh decide to refocus it on another doom and gloom thread about Donald? Really? The Rams aren't trying to trade Donald, but a lot of you here sure are. But why bring it up in the first place.
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JOYNER!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Lighten up dude.

The two subjects are somewhat intertwined and we try to practice Free Speech posting around here.

Ram65

Legend
Joyner was long gone once he was tagged. Really like him but, he is too expensive long term.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Donald, Cooks, Gurley, Peters and Goff. Guys like Joyner and as much as it pains me to say but Brockers are going to be the eventual cost of signing those 5. Safety is easier to replace than some seem to realize, we've done it for a long time and always end up with good players there. As for the doom and gloom we aren't signing another guy long term so far any of the free agents we've let go haven't been missed IMO. All look like good choices and players that were easily replaced.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The rams must read the market. If they didn't tag him they could have signed him much cheaper. Now he would be a fool to sign. He is making twice the going rate for safteys.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Joyner once said he was willing to work at Walmart, so...

If you needed any more proof any "reality" moment on hard knocks is scripted as fuck. I couldn't believe how bad that show was. That show alone started the Goff is a bust talk that wouldn't go away. Boras and weinke looked like absolute boobs as well.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
As much as I like Joyner, mover Johnson to free safety and draft another strong safety. If you Rams don't use traditional FS/SS's anymore, just draft another safety.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Lighten up dude.

The two subjects are somewhat intertwined and we try to practice Free Speech posting around here.
Sorry, I guess I'm just afraid, because whenever someone mentions Donald then the thread has a tendency to turn into another Donald thread. And then we just start rehashing the same old crap we've discussed many times over. So now I have an Aaron Donald phobia. So sorry, and I'll get professional help for my phobia.:confused:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The NFL needs a semi-pro league to develop future NFL talent, to move up to the Big club when ready.

. Until then, they have the Rams....:sneak:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Yeah, Joyner looks like a probable goner.

Very good player, but there are so many other pressing cap draining needs.

Besides, Snead has consistently found quality secondary players for the Rams since he arrived. Sooooo...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
So here is a thread about Joyner and y oh decide to refocus it on another doom and gloom thread about Donald? Really? The Rams aren't trying to trade Donald, but a lot of you here sure are. But why bring it up in the first place.
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT JOYNER!

s1200_534582F0_0419_4D93_90DF_4A7AC045DBF9.jpg