Report: Rams Nearing Final Deal To Spend Part of Training Camp With Cowboys In CA

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Nearing Final Deal To Spend Part of Training Camp With Cowboys In California

By 3k

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/4...rams-los-angeles-training-camp-dallas-cowboys

Per David Moore of the Dallas Morning News, the Rams might be formally spending some time in SoCal way ahead of schedule...

David Moore from the Dallas Morning News has the breaking:

The Cowboys are close to finalizing plans to host the St. Louis Rams for several days of practice during training camp, sources said.
What makes the Rams visit intriguing is the franchise’s public flirtation with a potential return to Los Angeles. Practicing just 64 miles away from the city the NFL desperately wants to put back in play will spark plenty of speculation.

Intriguing indeed. The Cowboys have been on and off again in Oxnard for a decade and a half, spending their other training camps in San Antonio. The Rams have spent nearly the last decade holding camp at home in Earth City.

Moore's report notes that the Cowboys open their preseason with the Chargers while the Rams will be in Oakland to take on the Raiders. That would allow the Rams to head to the Cowboys' camp site either before or after that first preseason game before heading to Nashville for a nationally televised second preseason contest.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sounds like a precursor to Hard Knocks to me.

One consistent thing on Hard Knocks recently is teams going to practice against other teams.

I'm throwing my hat in the ring and saying this signals the HBO show coming to STL.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cowboys look to host St. Louis in training camp as Rams flirt with return to L.A.
By David Moore
Published: April 20, 2015 12:37 pm

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...g-camp-as-rams-flirt-with-return-to-l-a.html/

The Cowboys are close to finalizing plans to host the St. Louis Rams for several days of practice during training camp, sources said.

It’s not unusual for the Cowboys to break the monotony of camp by practicing against another team. Oakland dropped by Oxnard for a couple of days last year. A few years ago the Cowboys ended camp by staying in San Diego after a pre-season game to practice against the Chargers.

What makes the Rams visit intriguing is the franchise’s public flirtation with a potential return to Los Angeles. Practicing just 64 miles away from the city the NFL desperately wants to put back in play will spark plenty of speculation.

The Cowboys open the preseason in San Diego while the Rams open in Oakland. While the dates of those games have yet to be announced, they will take place in the window of Aug. 13-17. The Rams will swing by Oxnard either before the preseason opener or afterwards.

iced

-sigh- 4 years after i get out is when they decide to go where i was stationed...joy... lol

on a side note saying its 64 miles away in LA Area can easily turn into a 3 hour drive - took me 8 hours to go from San Diego to oxnard once... that was the last time i drove at rush hour...

went back 3 days later - left at 3:30 am,was in San Diego by 6 am lol (gotta love an open freeway)

V3

Hall of Fame
How many more ways can Kroenke find to shit on St. Louis fans? I'm sure he'll find many more.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Back in the day, I went to see the Cowboys vs Raiders camp at Oxnard....One of the hardest hitting things you'll ever witness is some unknown rookie trying to make a team, vs some rookies from another team...It'll be beautiful....
I'll be there.
me too

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I think Lineham (Spags?) held camp once up North, so this isn't out of the norm.
But holding it in SoCal... I think I wanna puke.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Why not just take out a billboard along the three highways in MO saying,

"To the wonderful fans who have supported us for twenty years.....Go fuck yourselves."

The classy thing to do would to put off doing this totally voluntary TC move for another year, you know to be mindful of fan feelings.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond

"To the wonderful fans who have supported us for twenty years.....Go freak yourselves."

The classy thing to do would to put off doing this totally voluntary TC move for another year, you know to be mindful of fan feelings.
Agreed with the classy move part, however this is s good marketing idea. There's going to be a ton of bring back the Rams squad on the site and it'll get people excited in LA.

V3

Hall of Fame

"To the wonderful fans who have supported us for twenty years.....Go freak yourselves."

It accomplishes two things: It promotes the Rams for their likely future home and poisons the well in St. Louis to make easier to present the case that the fans don't support the team anymore so they can move to LA.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Agreed with the classy move part, however this is s good marketing idea. There's going to be a ton of bring back the Rams squad on the site and it'll get people excited in LA.
Boy you are enjoying every fucking moment of this aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.