Report: Patriots hire Jedd Fisch from Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Report: Patriots hire Jedd Fisch from Rams

Jedd Fisch has joined the Patriots’ coaching staff in a yet to be determined offensive capacity, Jim McBride of the Boston Globereports.

Fisch was the Rams’ senior offensive assistant the past two seasons, adding assistant offensive coordinator to his job title for 2019.

He spent the 2017 season as offensive coordinator at UCLA.

Fisch has coached at five other NFL teams in addition to the Rams. He has worked for the Texans, Ravens, Broncos, Seahawks and Jaguars.

Fisch was the Jaguars’ offensive coordinator in 2012 and 2013

He has coached for Steve Spurrier, Dom Capers, Brian Billick, Mike Shanahan, Pete Carroll, Gus Bradley, Jim Harbaugh and Sean McVay, among others.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
He left a job to work for another team without knowing what he is going to do for his new employer. Hmmm.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He left a job to work for another team without knowing what he is going to do for his new employer. Hmmm.

Well, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.....Rams were not bringing him back IMO, so a man named Jedd is moving on. Kevin O'Connell is the Offensive Coordinator and Shane Waldron it appears will be the QB Coach and they have others on the staff like Zac Robinson for example, so Fisch saw the handwriting on the wall and took what he could get with an organization that will look good on the resume.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Well, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush.....Rams were not bringing him back IMO, so a man named Jedd is moving on. Kevin O'Connell is the Offensive Coordinator and Shane Waldron it appears will be the QB Coach and they have others on the staff like Zac Robinson for example, so Fisch saw the handwriting on the wall and took what he could get with an organization that will look good on the resume.
That's pretty much what I get out of it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Been waiting for a move like this. I presume McVay told him to find other employment. Rams gameplanning, IMO, was a bit lacking this season and he's part of the group who should have been making a difference.

The assumption is Waldron goes back to QB coach only and Robinson sticks too. But I doubt either of those are set in stone at this point.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Been waiting for a move like this. I presume McVay told him to find other employment. Rams gameplanning, IMO, was a bit lacking this season and he's part of the group who should have been making a difference.

The assumption is Waldron goes back to QB coach only and Robinson sticks too. But I doubt either of those are set in stone at this point.

thought I posted on this. Almost looks like my opinion on it. Was wearing .

Funny thing is Spy Gate 3 !!! OMG

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
I don't know what he actually did with the Rams. I mean, he was a big believer in being multiple on offense, about using multiple formations and groups. The Rams had to have been one of the least multiple teams in the league since he got there.

Now that he's joined the evil empire, I'm wishing him nothing but the worst, professionally, in his new location.

oldnotdead

Legend
After being passed over for OC it was too be expected Fisch would move on. What bothers me is the lack of true experience in both Staley O'Connell for the positions they will hold. Neither has much of a track record. Also, the fact that Kromer has obviously dodged the bullet for his part in the offensive failures last season with others taking the fall. The same can be said but to a lesser degree with Shane Waldron.

IMO the failure last year had as much to do with coaching failures as anything. As long as they had veterans on the o-line Both guys looked good....but then coaching was easy. The quality of good coaching becomes apparent (or not) when you don't have that luxury and must coach up a bunch of talented but inexperienced young guys. Suddenly the cracks and inability to make good and timely adjustments reared its ugly head.

IMO this coming year will rest on the shoulders of how good the coaching is. This team has the talent at the player level, in remains to be seen if the coaching will be good enough.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't know what he actually did with the Rams. I mean, he was a big believer in being multiple on offense, about using multiple formations and groups. The Rams had to have been one of the least multiple teams in the league since he got there.

I'm sure Jedd was more of a sounding board and I'm not sure how much he was involved in the game plan. Fisch has had checkered success throughout his career with Jacksonville & UCLA, but it was obvious McVay was looking for somebody else and decided that Kevin O'Connell would be able to provide him what Matt LaFleur was able to provide in 2017.

I have nothing against Fisch and I wish him the best, but like you, just not in New England. IMO, Fisch might have an opportunity at the collegiate level and if I were him I would try to land an OC gig in college, but since he's been with the Rams, Fisch has been hoping to get a Head Coaching gig in college, not sure, he's there yet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Black gold. Texas tea.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Once these coaches or players leave the Rams I don't care if they have success or not, I'm just not really interested in how their careers play out. However, I have to admit I did enjoy seeing Warner continue to lite it up after leaving the Rams, but he is the exception.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm the same Ramstien... Eff Jedd Fisch and his millions. That dude is a JAG of a coach which suits the Pats just fine since Belichick probably does all the gameplanning anyway. I mean it's not like anyone who's left New England actually proved they could do it anywhere else so...