Reggie Bush to the 9ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Could be a good pickup for them - but hasn't been the most durable back in the world.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The Sam Bradford of Running Backs. Hell you can pinpoint the exact moment where he wasn't going to live up to expectations. When Sheldon Brown fucking destroyed him.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
A good speed guy for them. It's not like he's gonna be their #1...is he?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The Sam Bradford of Running Backs. Hell you can pinpoint the exact moment where he wasn't going to live up to expectations. When Sheldon Brown freaking destroyed him.

I think Darren McFadden is more Sam Bradford, but Bush works too. I think the 49ers could do something with him. Interesting pickup.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think Darren McFadden is more Sam Bradford, but Bush works too. I think the 49ers could do something with him. Interesting pickup.
You make a very good point on McFadden. They're both pretty much of the same mold.

Athos

Legend
Bush will get really dinged up playing in the NFC West. He hasn't exactly played in true D leagues before.

Wait till TJ, Barron, and McLeod truck the shit out of him.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
image.jpg

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't lose a wink of sleep over the 9ers picking up Bush...He's never been what some people envisioned and likely is much to far into his "career" to change that too much now...The Sproles analogy is probably the best, but I think "poor man's Sproles" would be more accurate...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I don't lose a wink of sleep over the 9ers picking up Bush...He's never been what some people envisioned and likely is much to far into his "career" to change that too much now...The Sproles analogy is probably the best, but I think "poor man's Sproles" would be more accurate...
Yeah, I had a little old feeling moment realizing that Bush had been in the league for 10 years already now.

Remember him being drafted like it was yesterday.

Athos

Legend
When you put Bush and 10 years together in the same sentence, you realize how truly irrelevant he's been for a decade.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
When you put Bush and 10 years together in the same sentence, you realize how truly irrelevant he's been for a decade.
Since he's so injured he's probably been in the league for like 4 or 5 years if you account for time off.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm always surprised by so much Whiner tolerance here. There's way too much level-headed, benefit of the doubt, positive spin for the 49ers already out there. Every writer will all say it's a fine fit for the veteran to fill their need, blah blah blah.

But you know what? Screw that, it's the Whiners -- they don't deserve a neutral or fair analysis. They deserve to hear why this is the worst move in the history of free agency!

They just (probably) overspent for a career underachieving RB who can barely stay healthy enough to suck more than people want to admit. He's coming off a year where he average 3.9 yards/carry and 6.3(!) yards/catch.

Hell, Belichick wouldn't even sign him -- and he would sign a steaming pile of doo-doo if it played RB.

And what about the "winning with class" the 49ers keep spouting for the reason they shoved Harbaugh out the door? Did they just forget Bush had to forfeit his heisman trophy? Or perhaps they will give back Steve Young's trophy for him cheating the salary cap now to make up for it?

psxpaul

Rookie
Name
Paul
Haven't they been stock pilling running backs for a few years now? They must not like any of the ones they have if they're signing a guy like Bush.