Redskin fans throwing in the towel on RG3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Typical reaction from certain fans. We have them too in our fanbase. Redskins would be foolish to give up on RGIII.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Way too soon for that.
Just like any other QB, if they give him a good supporting cast, he'll be fine.

Way too soon for that.
Just like any other QB, if they give him a good supporting cast, he'll be fine.

It is too soon, but some of the throws he was making yesterday I'd be disappointed if they came from a QB from a mid major college team, I mean half the time he was over throwing open guys by 5 yards or so. I'm not sure if yesterday was a one off, I've only seen him play 1 other half of football this season, but he was awful in that half as well.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I honk it's clear he hasnt returned to form. However, there is no way he's finished. It's not like the Skins have a whole lite of talent behind him, anyway.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I honk it's clear he hasnt returned to form. However, there is no way he's finished. It's not like the Skins have a whole lite of talent behind him, anyway.
I agree with that. Perusing those threads reminds me of Ramstalk. The guy had a blown out ACL, probably came back too early and won't really get his mechanics right until the offseason, but everyone wants him traded.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I have yet to find any article that presents an accurate evaluation of the trade. Most are biased in favor of Washington, many don't even get the compensation right.

It will be interesting to hear the draft coverage when the Rams are using the Skins pick in the top 10 next year.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'd like to have their starting halfback!

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I have yet to find any article that presents an accurate evaluation of the trade. Most are biased in favor of Washington, many don't even get the compensation right.

It will be interesting to hear the draft coverage when the Rams are using the Skins pick in the top 10 next year.
:bigup:I find it hard to believe that any team could come out on the positive end of a trade like that. It's one guy- even if it was Indy with as good as Luck has been it's still only one player. If you dont build depth through the draft you pay for it and that is a costly strategy in today's NFL.
I think we got the best of that hands down.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
It is too soon, but some of the throws he was making yesterday I'd be disappointed if they came from a QB from a mid major college team, I mean half the time he was over throwing open guys by 5 yards or so. I'm not sure if yesterday was a one off, I've only seen him play 1 other half of football this season, but he was awful in that half as well.

True, he has not been the same since his injury.
I also think they brought him back too soon after his injury.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Just shows how fast some fans turn when things aren't going well. Coming off knee surgery is never easy, especially for a guy that uses his legs so much.
I would bet with another offseason to get healthier and more confident he'll be better next year. I wouldn't give up on him so early. No way.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
I think a big part of it is the build up over last year's "success", and what was hidden in that being the reliance on the running game. Teams have adjusted to what the Redskins do, and what everyone seems to overlook, is just how EVERYTHING they did in the passing game was based off play action.

In the games that they have fallen behind, they have to rely on a less than healthy QB, who as a pure pocket passer leaves a lot to be desired. If he isn't able to make plays with his legs, and its obvious he is very aware of protecting himself at the moment, he just isn't the same threat. Make him beat you solely with his arm, and he is average.

Same thing is happening out in SF. For a different reason, but with similar results.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Too many fans of today's NFL want draft picks to resemble what they can do in Madden set on super easy mode. Even I have to keep tempering my expectations at times(I'm looking at you Quick) as the '99 Rams likely spoiled me for life. Quick turnarounds and gaudy numbers have poisoned my reality well. Brees coming back from shoulder surgery, AP coming back from major knee surgery, rookie QB's coming in and winning games and putting up historic numbers from day 1, it goes against what's "supposed" to happen.

I see the league adjusting though. While much of it is still in video game land, many teams are reverting to a more balanced attack and depending on their running game more and defense, even restricted as much as it is, is still what wins games.