LEGEND Really Cool Photos / Videos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On my very last long multi-day hike (as opposed to a simple day hike) I had my head down as I was walking over debris-covered ground when I looked up and about 50 ft away was an adult cougar just standing there looking at me. I put my hand on my pistol but did not draw. We stood looking at one another for maybe 2 minutes. I took a slow step back and paused. The cat cocked his head but made no other move. I took another slow step back all the while never turning and simply watching him watch me. I paused again and the Lion hand not moved at all. I kept this up until the slope of the hill took me out of sight. I walked back another 50 yds and waited about 15 minutes before resuming my hike in the original direction. The lion was gone.

I learned along time ago, show no fear, no sudden movements, and never turn your back. If possible simply slowly put distance between you and the animal. I'd had similar experiences with bears who IMO are far more dangerous. Black bears however normally aren't overly aggressive. The one-time one did make a move towards me, it was on all fours, and turned and took a step towards me. I pulled my gun and fired one round into the ground in front of the bear. It turned and ran off. In that encounter I did not continue on, I simply detoured in the opposite direction the bear went. Because of the area, I was hiking in I carried my Dan Wesson 357 mag. My buddy Ron (RIP) was a reloader and loaded some rounds hot and with a wadcutter seated reversed. Better than a hollowpoint IMO. You get maximum kinetic energy transfer without over-penetration (the problem with 9mm). When I did carry my 9 mm I used full jacketed bullets. Again to reduce penetration and maximize fragmentation.

Considering how many hikes and how many days I spent in the backcountry I've had relatively few problems with animals. Nowadays it's the two-legged animals that are the problem in the backcountry. A sad testimony to our times.
My heart was literally pounding in my chest as I read this.
Wow, that's some crazy stuff.
I freak out when I see a snake out on a run, cant imagine seeing a cougar or a bear.
And yes, sad but true about the 2 legged danger

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love scenery based photography and video! Those views are amazing! Wow!

What would those water temps be @Neil039?
Oh they were in the high 60s. The best time to go there is in August and early September. In May I’d want a wet suit lol.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Watch this from 2:25 on....Wolf Killer Dog kills two wolves.

Dog thinks Bring on that kitty cat Jaguar. Jags are my biatch. ~ Sven the Wolf Killer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAC-B0LsG4E

And it took how many dogs to incapacitate the wolves?

Jaguars eat those dogs for breakfast - and that's not even the biggest apex predator cat out there. Siberian tigers are the absolute kings; they literally hunt bears.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And it took how many dogs to incapacitate the wolves?

Jaguars eat those dogs for breakfast - and that's not even the biggest apex predator cat out there. Siberian tigers are the absolute kings; they literally hunt bears.
One dog. Killed two wolves. There were other dogs there, but they couldn’t handle the wolves as this special dog could. I think he just finished eating a bengal tiger before this, so..

Memento

Name
Jemma
One dog. Killed two wolves. There were other dogs there, but they couldn’t handle the wolves as this special dog could. I think he just finished eating a bengal tiger before this, so..

I noticed the other dogs attacking the wolves; this dog just stole their kills. And if that dog thinks it can fight a Siberian tiger...well, all I have to say is this:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I noticed the other dogs attacking the wolves; this dog just stole their kills. And if that dog thinks it can fight a Siberian tiger...well, all I have to say is this:

Cats have to be more vicious, because they're so dumb.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Cats have to be more vicious, because they're so dumb.

We're talking about apex predators. I never mentioned intelligence. I'm talking about the pure ability to kill everything that comes their way. Dogs don't measure up against a fully-grown Siberian tiger - those cats grow up to eleven feet long, and 700 lbs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We drove south to Zion on our way home from SLC. I snapped a few pics but they never do the place justice..

20200805_214104.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is legitimately a single photo.
Takes a little bit to see everything going on in it.

1.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The painted trees

In 2010, a man-made disaster occurred in Hungary that saw 261 million gallons of sludge burst forth from a reservoir where it was held as a by-product of aluminum extraction. The "red mud disaster" as it was called, left 10 people dead and 150 injured. It also resulted in a stain on the surrounding environment.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The painted trees

In 2010, a man-made disaster occurred in Hungary that saw 261 million gallons of sludge burst forth from a reservoir where it was held as a by-product of aluminum extraction. The "red mud disaster" as it was called, left 10 people dead and 150 injured. It also resulted in a stain on the surrounding environment.

View attachment 38072
environmentalist wacko...

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
We're talking about apex predators. I never mentioned intelligence. I'm talking about the pure ability to kill everything that comes their way. Dogs don't measure up against a fully-grown Siberian tiger - those cats grow up to eleven feet long, and 700 lbs.
Oh yeah. Tigers used to be my favorite when I was a kid. Big, beautiful, bad ass animals.

But I'm more partial to dogs now that I'm older (and wiser). Dogs are pack animals. The reality is a in the wild a dog (wolf, whatever) doesn't have one mouth full of teeth, it has 6 to 15 mouths full of teeth. It's not 150 pounds of muscle and fur, it's 900 pounds of muscle and fur. And they're smarter. And they are also apex predators in their environment. Being an apex predator is all about the environment.

But tigers are freaking awesome and super devastating as a solo animal.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I saw this earlier today on the National Geographic channel and it freaked my shyte out! lol
Jaguar vs. Croc Cousin

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBNYwxDZ_pA

That was wild.

The narrator points it out... as the cat walks along the bank, 0:50 mark, he doesn’t splash as he walks in the water.

Which allows him to hunt.

How genetics shape the food chain is crazy!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We drove south to Zion on our way home from SLC. I snapped a few pics but they never do the place justice..

View attachment 38070
When you crossed Zion National Park, you most likely went through the tunnel? I used to go to this park several times a year and it is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I'd take a tour bus group through the Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Bryce Canyon, Zion, and the north rim of the Grand Canyon. As for a tunnel at Zion, I had to center my Tour Bus in the center so that I wouldn't scrape the sides, as the tunnel was made one-way until I made it through...