Reading between the lines.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
On his coach’s show, McVay was asked about Watkins’ TD catch. Sean mentioned how happy he was for Sammy and Jared. He also pointed out how pleased he was about Sammy’s blocking...including the block he threw on Woods’ TD. Sean is glad Sammy can stretch the field...but he has a couple others who can too. Sean then went to complimenting other players. I find fhis instructive.

Unless Watkins keeps progressing into McVay’s we, not me, mindset...he is gone. I take two things from this. Firstly, Watkins will likely conform and his new contract will reflect that. But if not, Reynolds, Thomas, Woods, or a rookie next year will take his role. I love Sammy...but not unless he buys in.

I believe he is...and he will.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I wondered about the fit as soon as I read about the trade. Sammy can be a great deep threat, but he was not a great team player in Buffalo. I hope he has bought in and his opportunities to catch balls increases. It will be a coup for McVay to change Sammy's mindset.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He looked pretty happy celebrating with his teammates, even before his own touchdown. I Shay follow Goff on IG and saw that he liked one of his recent posts. Sounds like he's okay.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
I'm already seeing him buy in. His blocking on Gurley's 2nd TD was excellent. The connection with Goff is getting stronger with each game. Just read that Goff CHANGED the play at the LOS, meaning Watkins caught that after the adjustment from Goff -- he's getting the playbook down iow.
D's will HAVE to respect Watkins' deep threat. Only Reynolds could possibly provide that role next year, and I don't see any WR's in college that look like Sammy clones.
So yeah, I think we should try to resign him, but as another posted, we have LOTS of priority FA signings to do & extensions.

socalrams90

Starter
This talk about dropping Sammy is ridiculous. His presence alone opens up things for the offense. Even if we got a player as fast and capable it would take a year for the player to earn the respect of the defense.

Personally I would look to sign him soon. Once he’s under a contract that he’s happy with he will be less worried about his personal stats and more focused on winning (not that I think he is doing this now).

Dude seems happy out there and so does everyone else. Loving this team.