RB Ryan Williams possibly out for the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Wasnt watching the game. Just heard all about it on twitter. This is what sucks the most about preseason.

What is up with recent 2nd round RBs going thru rough injuries (Ben Taint, Monterio Hardesty, Mikel Leshoure, and now Williams)??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Weren't they trying to make an 18 game schedule that in effect shortened pre season by two games and increased regular season by two? Granted, that wouldn't keep Ryan from getting hurt, but it certainly would have eliminated most of these glorified scrimmages. I thought they should have done that (18 games), but increased the amount of players you can carry both on the active roster and gameday roster.

Oh well. That's why I'm not the commish.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah this really just brings up more on the 18 game schedule, and preseason is even worse this year because teams want to play their starters longer.

I think the NFL needs to look for more ways to have HCs evaluate talent during this time of the year. Is 4 preseason games enough for them? What about 2? Preseason games are a good way to evaluate your players because they are goin up against other teams. What if we cut down the preseason games to 2, and teams would just do more practices and scrimmages against eachother? Would it be a hassle to set that stuff up? Maybe. The Rams could still do the Lindenwood scrimmage, but wouldnt it also be better to have them meet the Chiefs somewhere and have a competitive scrimmage/practice sessions against eachother? Im just tryin to throw ideas out there.

I think players would have no problem with 2 preseason games. I think most HCs will have a problem with that tho. I dont think players will be cool with 18 games unless they get more money and im sure they would like to see rosters expand and maybe with 18 games we can finally get rid of the IR rule to let players come back during the season or the playoffs.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Every year we have this discussion about the necessity of preseason games. But just as many players get IR'd in the first 4 weeks of the season. The big difference here is perception (hurt in a meaningless game vs. real game), but how much does it really matter to the player? To some extent, football will always be a game of attrition.

I wonder ... if you ask Avery and Clayton right now would they prefer to change places? Would it matter to them?

For those of us who think a 2 game preseason is enough, look back at last year. After 2 games, Feeley was injured and Bradford looked so-so. But after that 3rd game, optimism returned. For a young team, the evaluation and reps of preseason games are gold. This year, more than any other, these games are important around the league.

But 18 games? Did I say game of attrition earlier? How about last team standing?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That's going to hurt the Cardinals a lot. They were counting on Williams to be productive. Now all they have is Wells and Stephens-Howling.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memento said:
That's going to hurt the Cardinals a lot. They were counting on Williams to be productive. Now all they have is Wells and Stephens-Howling.

And I bet theres some Cards fans really wishing they kept Hightower.

superfan24

Starter
Really sucks for them, thought that williams would be a beast.
Who wants to bet they pick up toston if he has another game like last week