Ravens LG takes down 72-ounce steak

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Bradley Bozeman takes down 72-ounce steak

gettyimages-1180893586.jpg

Bradley Bozeman‘s biggest accomplishment thus far arguably wasn’t starting all 16 games last season. It came in downing and digesting a 72-ounce steak this week.

The Ravens starting left guard ate the 4.5-pound steak, shrimp cocktail, baked potato, salad and butter roll in 50 minutes while traveling cross country on his anti-bullying campaign.

“I knew it was going to be tough, but I didn’t think it was going to be that tough,” the 6-foot-4, 317-pounder said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN. “The last bite was rough. It was really rough.”

The Big Texan restaurant in Amarillo, Texas, has had 110,000 people attempt the challenge. Bozeman became the 9,828th to complete it in the required hour time limit.

He received a free meal and a T-shirt that read: “I ate it all.”

“That was the toughest food thing I’ve ever done in my life,” said Bozeman, who added he would never attempt it again.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
LOL these stories are painful. Probably more off topic, but eh... it’s about eating. That’s sort of the same as football.

Any stories of an eating accomplishment?

Something not quite savory?

I know back when I was in High School thru College it was always the bragging rights around “How many White Castles can you eat?”.

LOL. I was a whimp. Probably topped out around 10.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In my glory years i did do 48 ounces of Prime Rib once, however, although I could always eat, my problem could never really take in a major amount of food all at once because I tend to drink too much and not really alcohol, more diet soda when I was younger and now Saratoga or Perrier with lime...Yeah I've become one of those.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/tXx3MfkK5fmta/giphy.gif

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There's a place down here called Dixie Crossroads. They used to have an All-You-Can-Eat option for their rock shrimp. Years ago, rock shrimp were considered a "garbage" catch and the shrimp boats would just throw them back. This place got the great idea to start serving them instead. These things are like little lobster tails... the shell is hard like a lobster shell. They are harder to eat than regular shrimp as a result. But Damn... they tasted better than shrimp.

That's why this place had the All-You-Can-Eat option. Their product was super cheap. They cooked em either broiled (like baby lobster tails), steamed, or fried. I always got the broiled and dipped em in butter.

One night I went up there and had some friends with me. We had a challenge. I ended up eating 18 dozen. My friend ate 20 dozen for the win. I remember being so miserable on the drive home... every bump in the road felt like a gut punch.

That place no longer has the unlimited option. The price on their product finally made them cut that option off. Try em some time if you see them... I don't think it's very common to even find them... but whatever you do, don't eat 18 dozen.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last time I stayed in Amarillo I was going to take my soon to be wife out for a steak and nearly went there - but had the good sense to take her out to a quality steakhouse instead. From all I've heard the Big Texans' steaks are not overly good quality , even the ones not sized for that promotion. Better to go for quality, not size.

Besides, there was no way even together we could eat that and still have a desire for sex afterwards.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In my glory years i did do 48 ounces of Prime Rib once, however, although I could always eat, my problem could never really take in a major amount of food all at once because I tend to drink too much and not really alcohol, more diet soda when I was younger and now Saratoga or Perrier with lime...Yeah I've become one of those.

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/tXx3MfkK5fmta/giphy.gif

Took an Uber & now know a couple places that give free meals if you can take it down.
One is The Catch across from we’re The Rams use to play & have tailgates for the Angels. I think it is a 5# burger with fries.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
There's a place in Sanford FL (basically Orlando) called the Cattle Ranch. They have a 96oz challenge. You have 75 minutes to eat it and your 2 sides.

You get it free if successful along with getting your picture put up on their wall. Some of the people who have done it are the tiniest skinniest girls... it's shocking. There aren't that many successful challengers with pics up there though.

This place cooks their steaks on open fire grills with citrus wood instead of coal. It's the opposite of fancy as far as atmosphere... the place is old af... but their steaks taste amazing cooked on that citrus wood.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Some images to put this in perspective

Steak (72 ounces)...
1582406895270.png

Jojo Gnatson (also 72 ounces)...
1582407224264.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Reminds me of eating the Big Ben at Pappy's Smokehouse. it was delicious, lemme tell you.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
“How many White Castles can you eat?”.

Still looking for some answers here...:cool:

These guys are mostly in the Midwest, but they have some in the northeast and Arizona/Nevada.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Still looking for some answers here...:cool:

These guys are mostly in the Midwest, but they have some in the northeast and Arizona/Nevada.

I only really like the shakes at White Castle, and I could do better at other places.