Ranking the NFL Helmets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I've always loved having the hands-down best helmets.

Btw I never got the weird disdain for the Redskins' name--they're not calling themselves something derogatory. Always liked all the iterations of their helmets too, even the mustard with the cool spear of the 60's....

Also probably unpopular but I LOVE the Colts' helmets. I'm not even sure why--not a fan because they're a removed franchise.
I'm with you on the Colts, for me they're a top 5 helmet. Just a classic and clean look.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Browns have to be the worse, thats an ugly orange. And Green Bay is ugly too, who wears yellow?

fearsomefour

Legend
Rams (easily the best)
Steelers (love the one side logo and tie in with the city)
Vikings
Raiders

Ones I don’t mind:

Chiefs
Cowboys
Redskins
Bills
Bengals

Best throw back that should come back permanently:

Patriots with the soldier snapping the ball

All the rest are blah.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
1. Rams
2. Vikings
3. Bengals
4. Eagles

I like helmets that don’t just slap the logo on the side, thats stuffs weak

Flint

Pro Bowler
Everyone’s entitled to their opinion. With that said the Redskins name and helmet will probably change in the near future. Simms is a tool that takes joy in dissing the Rams. not sure how it got that way but it’s obvious. Did like to see a poll where you had to announce your favorite team then pick a helmet other than your favorite team. i gotta believe the Rams would be too 3 or better in an unbiased poll.
Don’t think Snyder will change no matter what anyone says. I know there would be a lot to changing an iconic franchise like Washington but it’s telling that you won’t find schools or teams adopting native mascots these days.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
These were fun videos. Simms was actually cool (a rarity for him) because I agreed with most of his helmet opinions.

FAVES

Rams - still the best!
Cowboys - they are up there. It's those annoying pompous fans that suck the coolness out of the star.
Vikings - would've put them 2nd if they kept the horn original (no outline needed) and without the matte look. Newer look drops them to lower on the fave list.
Raiders - yeah I like the traditional helmet, silver and black colors, but the team just sucks.
Redskins - there I said it, I was never on the SJW wagon and this is a classic looking helmet, much thought and detail went into this and it paid off. I also liked the old yellow helmets with the red R.
Colts and Chiefs - not my top favorites, not the lowest, but love that they stayed classic.
Bengals - I do like the stripes, though they may cause seizures for some. Maybe use the old classic curved Bengal lettered helmets for alt days?
Oilers - shout out to the old classic, can't get into the new Texans but they aren't the worst.
Chargers - love the bolt, dislike the newer colors and white helmet, need to go back to Fouts early '74-83 unis/colors.
Steelers - I'll always put that classic helmet in the top half of my NFL faves.
Bills - going back to the classic white helmets put them back ahead over those eyesore red versions.
Eagles - would keep them near the top if they kept the classic silver wing, the current wing is too Disney cartoon looking plus the dark green moves it down to avg. Bring back Kelly Green.

NEUTRAL

Ravens
- the Raven head is pretty cool, colors are okay, barely nudged outta my fave list
Bears - on the verge of moving up to faves for retaining much of the classic look, but still kinda avg.
Packers - props for staying classic, but if I really had to judge that G it's always been kinda boring.
Browns - helmet was always neutral/average though a classic, but they drop below average with the new Orangemen color scheme.
Broncos - I sentimentally like that old classic horse in the big D better than the new improved horse head. Always been neutral on this one though. Didn't like them going navy. Bring back the Orange Crush!
Giants - not crazy about the NY, I'd take the LT era GIANTS name over that, though it's still average.
Jets - prefer the Namath era helmet, the 80s Kecko version was one of the better changes if you had to change a classic. New one almost looks like the 80s version but what is it without the jet in there? Very bland.
Whiners - gets credit for being a classic but still average. Anything whiners still sucks though!
Texans - very avg, bring back the Oilers, Luv Ya Blue, and that wonderful corny fight song.

YUCK

Titans
- worst one, was always ugly & boring, though the dark blue is a slight improvement over white.
Panthers - close 2nd worst. They should've stolen the Michigan Panthers look, I don't like the head, the triangle neck or the weird helmet stripes at all.
Bucs - the bigger flag was the final nail that ruined it. Just go back to the pirate head and the creamsicles.
Patriots - dump Elvis (sorry "King") and bring back Pat with gray facemasks (not white). Dump Kraft, Brady and Belicheat too!
Saints - ugh, a fleur does nothing for me. Would love a paper sack with tears on the helmet!
Dolphins - New one looks like a beached whale. Please go back to that classic logo & helmet.
Cardinals - not the worst, but go back to the classic cardinal head
Lions - the lion is classic and fine, it's the dumb thin black outlines and stripes they added on the helmet (just to get black in there) in more recent times. Go back to the classic look. Strong dislike for all-silver alt helmet.
Seahawks - oof, those colors, another team that needs to go back to classic everything.
Jag-woz - the jag head is okay, not great, the two-toned helmet is/was hideous. Not "the" worst, just still hard to accept as a classic NFL helmet.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Rams have the best helmets, and Chris Simms is a fucking moron. In other news, water is wet and fire is hot.

dang

Legend
They haven't earned one yet.
They need to complete a 12 step program before being entitled to a helmet decal.
Step 1 - Admit they are powerless over bad coaching—that their ability to establish an effective front office has become unmanageable.