Rams waive Webster A RB move coming?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
No hurry, they still have Henderson and Funk as #1 and #2 and they have Jones and Anderson. Webster wasn't going to make the roster because of Tutu, Jackson and Skowronek. This way he can join Rams North, i.e. Detroit. He's as good or better than anyone they have right now and he's a known quantity with Goff and Holmes.

They just signed Anderson so I don't see them signing another RB unless they have another injury. Because of the long term uncertainty of Akers I see them drafting another RB next year.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I'm not sure it has anything to do with Akers.

Akers will be on IR anyway, so he's not taking up a space on the 90.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
A RB move coming?

No hurry, they still have Henderson and Funk as #1 and #2 and they have Jones and Anderson.

I feel your admiration for Jake Funk and Jacob Harris @oldnotdead
These two players are becoming the 2 most hyped pre-camp players and they were selected as 4th and 7th round draft picks.

WR Tutu Atwell, LB Ernest Jones, DT Bobby Brown and CB Robert Rochell were all drafted sooner but they don't have the hype Funk and Harris are getting as of 07/21/2021.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
These two players are becoming the 2 most hyped pre-camp players and they were selected as 4th and 7th round draft picks.

WR Tutu Atwell, LB Ernest Jones, DT Bobby Brown and CB Robert Rochell were all drafted sooner but they don't have the hype Funk and Harris are getting as of 07/21/2021.
You need to get down and get FUNKy!

dang

Legend
I feel the Rams have a succession plan for every position. I was looking forward to seeing Akers become a top 10 RB but they have options:

Option A - Jones or Funk shines in TC and earns 50/50 split with Henderson. I don’t see elevating Henderson’s usage and risking wearing him out.

Option B - roster cuts provide a valued RB option that will add to a RB by committee strategy.

Option C - Trade A draft pick for a young but experienced RB. Pick up someone that can be the 15-20 carry RB allowing Henderson to keep his RB2 role.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Probably because the first two weren't what the general populous wanted.