Rams waive DT Dalton Keene

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/17/rams-waive-dalton-keene/

Rams waive Dalton Keene
Posted by Charean Williams on May 17, 2018

gettyimages-603231528-e1526593787630.jpg

Getty Images

The Rams waived defensive tackle Dalton Keene, the team announced Thursday.

The Illinois State product signed with the Rams as an undrafted free agent earlier this week.

He finished third in the Missouri Valley Conference voting for defensive player of the year and was a second-team All-American.

Keene made 45 tackles, 13 tackles for loss, eight sacks and eight quarterback hurries in 2017. He finished his career at ISU ranked ninth in sacks (17.5), 11th in tackles for loss (33.0) and with 200 total tackles.

The Rams’ roster now stands at 89 players.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Still that's a really quick cut! I wonder what wrong with him! IF anything!? OR maybe they are making room for someone else!!

It may have been clear he wasn't going to make it and it's actually better for a guy to get cut early so they have a chance to catch on somewhere else if they can.

We have tremendous depth on the DL.

I can see they would do this to do the guy a solid and to open a slot so that they could move quickly if someone they were watching gets cut, including maybe a veteran.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Kid might have made a poor choice this week.

Psycho_X

Legend
That was quick. Too bad, was looking forward to seeing him play. Flunked physical maybe.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah Keene, we hardly knew ye....

nanotech

Rookie
Sometimes we try to analyze a little much. Or, maybe try to show we have more analytical abilities than we actually have.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One would surmise the Rams need to add a long snapper for OTA's & Training Camp as the 90th player.

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
One would surmise the Rams need to add a long snapper for OTA's & Training Camp as the 90th player.
Or there is just no need for another 3 tech DT @ this time. Wade has Brockers/ Westbrooks/ Franklin for the 5 tech, Donald/ Suh/ Easley/ Smart plus Sebastian Joseph & McKay Murphy. if there is a need in the DL its @ Nose Tackle where the 3 tech Suh has been moved to.

One would think that veteran Suh & Brockers can handle the Wade NT without any real issues. Omarius Bryant & drafted rookie Joseph have had some experience @ NT. Veteran Westbrooks returning to his best DL post @ the 5 tech might free up Brockers for some NT action too.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
They should bring back that trick shot guy with the Dutch name.

He was awesome. :D
Jorgen Hus....He's now snapping for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL...FWIW if I had a favorite team in the CFL, it would be the Saskatchewan Roghriders. Fell for them back in 1981 as I was routing for them against Vince Ferragamo and the Montreal Alouettes. My wish was for Ferragamo to have such a bad year, he would come back to the Rams in 1982 and it happened.