Rams Waive Burgess and Blanton

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our last day two Safety taken what a waste of a pick. And yet another TE we couldn't develop.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's about time with Burgess. I am still pissed we kept his ass over a better safety that we lost last season. Great guy by all indications but not good enough.

Blanton I appreciate what he did in that playoff run for us but we need smart players who can win in run & pass at TE. Best wishes to both but it was time and there's some others who fit that criteria who are still on the roster.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
McVay needs to send a message and cut Evans. I have a hard time understanding why the Rams haven't snagged a Guard from someones PS. They wouldn't be any worse than what we're currently getting out of Evans.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Dang, I remember thinking how much of a steal Burgess was. He was playing good football as a rookie. Guess he hasn't been the same after the injury

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1590076389528829952?s=20&t=wSFlpUKAOv-s5bl8Sph9-g

I think you are right in that Burgess' very serious injury must have rendered him not quite the same player thereafter. He looked good as a rookie and then completely fell off. You don't usually see that with players so young absent injury or other external factors. He was also well regarded coming out of college at Utah. Too bad.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Bad Luck Reaction GIF by Travis

Does this mean Jordan Fuller & Quentin Lake are now ready ?

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Given all the 1st and 2nd round picks we've traded in recent years we certainly cant afford to be cutting our 3rd rounders 2 years later....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay needs to send a message and cut Evans
Well, it would send a message all right, and thats why he wont be cut, at least not immediately. The message it would send is how the Rams could have a guy on their roster for 4 years, and yet not realize how awful he is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He looked good as a rookie and then completely fell off.
He was beaten out by another rookie drafted two rounds after him when he was a rookie. Burgess is a bust. The Rams keeping him around as depth has not changed that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think you are right in that Burgess' very serious injury must have rendered him not quite the same player thereafter. He looked good as a rookie and then completely fell off. You don't usually see that with players so young absent injury or other external factors. He was also well regarded coming out of college at Utah. Too bad.

Yeah, that's the only thing I can figure out about Burgess, because I remember this board being pretty excited about what he was showing before he got hurt.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why McVay cut two scrubs. I don't think that is sending a message. I guess he is just making room for two other guys?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure why McVay cut two scrubs. I don't think that is sending a message. I guess he is just making room for two other guys?
Expected Kyren Williams to be activated though they could cut one of the RB's active too. Colemen coming back as well I believe.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Yeah, he already had called up TE Jared Pinkney to the 53. I'm guessing either Fuller or Lake will take Burgess' spot. jmo.