Rams Trivia - The Game - Every Day is Game Day Edition

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What late 70s, early 80s Rams receiver was also a Vietnam Vet?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Note: These questions will change almost daily. I will unsticky them as soon as I post the answer.

OK so here is the deal. Years ago I found an LA Rams Trivia Game in a Goodwill. I pretty much bought it as a piece of memorabilia. Now with the Rams moving back, I thought it might make for a fun game for some of us old timers. Odd thing is that about 70% of the questions have nothing to do with the Rams.

So here is what I will do. I will post the questions that are Rams related and let you guys answer. I will then post the answers the next day. These are not easy questions as far as I can tell but maybe the memory function of my brain has been compromised.
.View attachment 11961
There is only basically one rule. No search engines or internet sites to look up answers that you will post later. I realize some will still look up the answers. I know I would if I didn't have the cards. But I want to see how many out there actually know the answers. So if you do feel like looking them up on the internet, just don't post the answers. Comment all you want.

Now - keep in mind. I said the internet is off limits. But if you have books, magazines, football cards, etc... feel free to use them. That may seem hypocritical but it's about time some of us got some use out of all that stuff we've bought over the years.

Cheers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I remember reading about this during a spotlight piece on Tillman.
Obviously I didn't know it before that, but thank God for my warped brain's ability to retain random (and usually useless) information.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Great Question! I seem to recall Howard Cosell conversing about it on a Monday Night game...Yes Ram fans the Rams used to play quite a bit on Monday Night Football.
5a03d89f2c4e148a09f5f223341bb28f.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I remember reading about this during a spotlight piece on Tillman.
Obviously I didn't know it before that, but thank God for my warped brain's ability to retain random (and usually useless) information.
Yeah - I gots a bunch of that rattling around in my cranium too. I always like the "Why would you know that?" look when I let some of it out.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Another wild guess for me

Yes in fact the Rams were once quite the staple on MNF

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
Whoa... there is football on Monday nights?

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I think I got this. This receiver made honorable mention on my Top Ten Rams receivers a couple months back.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Then you didn't get it.

Actually look again. I did get it right. This guy has been a high school coach nearly 30 years and was part of our first super bowl.

Edit: he was on the 79 team but not in the Super Bowl box score. He did catch 8 tds for the '80 team however.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Actually look again. I did get it right. This guy has been a high school coach nearly 30 years and was part of our first super bowl.

Edit: he was on the 79 team but not in the Super Bowl box score. He did catch 8 tds for the '80 team however.

My bad, I didn't think he was that good to be in anybody's top ten.:oops:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Great Question! I seem to recall Howard Cosell conversing about it on a Monday Night game...Yes Ram fans the Rams used to play quite a bit on Monday Night Football.
5a03d89f2c4e148a09f5f223341bb28f.jpg
These three where the best group ' Monday Night Football' ever had!!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
These three where the best group ' Monday Night Football' ever had!!
In hind sight but I couldn't stand Howard at the time. And likely, if he came on with that condescending tone, I'd hate him all over again. I just hope Bob Costas never gets the gig. I already have to mute my TV when he comes on for Sunday night football.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So that answer was Willie Miller. Willie also wore the horns in college as he played for the Colorado State Rams. Thanks to @den-the-coach for bringing that to my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.