Rams top 2 picks are rookie pressure leaders so far

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Good start. And they’re only going to get better. With more experience, those pressures will turn into sacks.

If only AD were here to guide them…

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I know Sean wanted Bowers but I am not complaining about what we got. Best part is Fiske getting pressure up the middle.
Bowers is a stud. But yeah we needed defense so damn bad. Imagine what this defense would look like without Verse and Fiske. Jesus. We dodged a bullet.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every draft pundit: The trade up for Fiske was a colossal mistake!

That was the only thing I heard in every single post draft review this year.
That dude works so damn hard too. So I have zero concerns or doubts with him. Only a matter of time.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
unfortunately , there are only a few statue qbs in our schedule . We will face Murray again ,

Murray is usually on IR by then because of the way he plays.

And we won't need a statue QB to get sacks, Verse and Fiske will start getting there soon enough. Keep in mind they have only played 3 games each so far, and leading all rookies in pressures.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've been down on Fiske but I failed to notice his impact. No, he's not getting to the quarterback. He's not making tackles for loss. But he's facing double teams and still getting some push that affects the quarterback. Him and Verse still have some things to learn. Taking better angles to the ball carrier. Not over pursuing. They could be part of a good unit by the end of the season. These running quarterbacks are providing some valuable experience. They will be facing more of them throughout the season.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Love the pressure verse is getting but he needs to work on angles badly. He left way too many sacks on the field.
I think when he initially approaches the QB to sack he needs to be in more control if possible. Not sure it is but to be totally suprised that the QB moves is not good

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
This young defense has had its share of struggles. Growing pains etc. They have only played with a lead for just over 4 minutes in the first 3 games. Give them a lead to play with and pressure turns into sacks. Rams offense has to answer the bell earlier in the game as they have only scored a combined total 13 points in the first half this season. Better offense will lead to better defense.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Murray is usually on IR by then because of the way he plays.
Agreed. Fan expectation is Lawrence Taylor day one but the reality is most of these guys gotta adjust to the pro game. You can't give Murray big ass lanes, gotta make him run backward and around to get out.

I expect Murray will see a big difference in how they rush him if he's still up and available when we play them again. That was a big lesson game for them. It should still be fresh in their minds when we see Caleb, who I figure will be ready to take advantage if they give him lanes.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
We will get a much better feel for their progress this week. Chicago has a historically bad OL. We need to see both Verse and Fiske convert pressures to sacks.