Rams to interview Jeff Garcia for QB coach job.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Why? I'll trust Fisher and Co. It's not like he was a terrible QB. He was pretty good. I just don't know what his coaching abilities are--but at least he was an NFL QB. I'm willing to give it a chance. What choice do we have? No "sexy" QB coach option is going to necessarily be enticed to be with the Rams for very obvious reasons.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like this if they can get it done. Jeff Garcia knows the west coast offense like the back of his hands. And a lot of qb's go to his camp and have him work with them, so he has been "coaching" for a while now.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be upset. I was never big on him during his pro days, but he played well enough to last 14 seasons on some not so good teams, a 4 time pro-bowler. He has QB coaching experience. Also, I have no clue as to who would be a great option for QB Coach.

jjab360

Legend
Impossible for me to have an opinion on this, some great players make bad coaches and vice versa.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Yep, football players and former Playboy Playmates tend to be a thing.

She actually had a very brief stint in WWE, as she was in the 2004 "Diva Search" that Christy Hemme eventually won. Other notable finalists from that year were Joy Giovanni, Amy Weber, Maria Kanellis, and Michelle McCool (known best these days as being Mrs. Undertaker)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't see how this could be a bad thing. Garcia has more experience than all of the QBs on our roster combined.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I like this if they can get it done. Jeff Garcia knows the west coast offense like the back of his hands. And a lot of qb's go to his camp and have him work with them, so he has been "coaching" for a while now.
Rams don't run the west coast offense. They have concepts they borrow from other offenses, but it's a Coryell-based offense.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Why? That would be a great hire, hell, Garcia probably better than 2 out 3 QB's we have on the roster.
I suppose my only objection to him as a coach is that he has Niner stink on him.

As a QB, the dude was way overrated though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Makes me wonder about the offense and system too. Cigs is a big fan of "WCO concepts" and while I don't have any idea whether they plan to change terminology I suspect we're going to see a WCO approach and attack whether or not the terminology is used.

Sure would be nice if one of the local writers could nail Cigs down for an interview about his plans for the offense...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
As long as they don't sign Ricky Waters to coach the rbs.
I've always disliked that "alligator arms" jerk.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I suppose my only objection to him as a coach is that he has Niner stink on him.

As a QB, the dude was way overrated though.

I thought he was a very good QB got a ton from his talent, he was 5'9 a buck and change and could not throw a football, so IMHO, he was one hell of an NFL QB. However, I do concur with the Niner stank on him!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Haven't read any posts in this thread - just wanted to say I always liked Garcia, alot. I'll see what y'all have to say now.