Rams Taco Tour ...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

I'm stoked that you posted this... so big mahalos! I love food and I spotted some cool stuff in this clip.

That 1st place they went looked like the best one to me. That dipping sauce has to be fire.

Plus... it looked like they were drinking Agua De Guayaba which is a drink made from fresh guavas. I learned how to make it from scratch when I was down in Tlacotalpan Mexico. My son's in-laws actually set up a cooking class just for me with a well known Mexican chef when we were there. She made me go out into her backyard and pick guavas and then we made fresh Agua De Guayaba with them. I must have drank a full gallon of it all by myself because I just love it. I think that is what the 2 rookies were drinking.

That last place looked like it may have been more commercial than the first two places... but those Pulpo (octopus) tacos were screaming my name. I could eat octopus for every meal and never get tired of it. I don't think the 2 players liked it though from the looks on their faces. LOL

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Octopuses are highly intelligent and sensitive creatures. We really shouldn’t be eating them.

So are chickens my Brudda.

I know what you're saying though... they are amazingly intelligent. Fascinating creatures, almost alien really. Most species of them don't live much longer than a year or two though... so we shouldn't let them go to waste. LOL

Man I developed a taste for them very young. I used to catch them myself back in Hawaii and bring them home for dinner probably 2 or 3 times per week. I was taught how to kill them right away and you're probably not gonna like to hear this either. What you do is you bite them basically right between their eyes and they die almost instantly. Those fuckers are escape artists and they can bite you with their beaks if you're not paying attention. I would get hungry biting them most times from the taste.

A grilled octopus is like heaven for me... but I'll eat em every way they're prepared. If you haven't tried one yet you should.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
If you haven't tried one yet you should.
I used to eat them- and squid- regularly. Had a girlfriend from Italy, and another from Spain, so used to consume Mediterranean seafood regularly.

Comparing the intelligence of a chicken to that of an octopus is not what I would expect from you, sadly.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I used to eat them- and squid- regularly. Had a girlfriend from Italy, and another from Spain, so used to consume Mediterranean seafood regularly.

Comparing the intelligence of a chicken to that of an octopus is not what I would expect from you, sadly.
I believe pigs to be smarter than both, but I love pork and always will.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Man I hate to give you the wrong impression.

Believe me, I have always known how different and amazing octopuses are. Same with cuttlefish, squid, and even shelled primitive mollusks. I have a blown glass octopus and other octopus shit all over my house. I love em too.

I spend a lot of my free time out in the saltwater... fishing on top and spearfishing on the bottom. We only kill creatures we will eat. I look at things that live underwater as the most delicious food on earth. I have zero sensitivity to any creature that can breathe underwater.

I've shared my home with a parrot for way too many years. Call me a crazy bird person (cat lady crazy)... but birds are smarter than most have any idea about... and their emotional intellect too. Some more than others... but chickens are actually a trip and smart af. The old saying of "bird brain" meaning stupid has been proven to be stupid itself... science has discovered that their brains process things faster than ours in many ways. So I am serious in my belief that chickens (and many birds) are extremely underrated intelligence wise.

We've got a couple of saltwater aquariums in the house because of our love for, and fascination of, underwater life. Everyone in my immediate family shares in deciding what different creatures we keep in them. My sons and I have all gone back and forth about getting an octopus tank too. We have a strict rule about all creatures we keep though... you never give them a name. That's no joke either... name a fish and you've just cursed it to die. Some of the fish, inverts, and corals we keep aren't cheap... you learn not to name them or get attached to them fast in this hobby. No emotional attachment can be given to the creatures if you're really gonna enjoy the hobby as well.

So I'm admitting to being a mollusk/sea creature killer, keeper, and eater without any emotional attachment whatsoever... well, except for me wanting to know when I'm gonna get the next one. I eat a bird too, but I'd never be able to kill one. I've given my house to a parrot and I named him Rasta.

I gave it a little thought in other words.