Rams sign veteran Safety Eric Weddle

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I know he's 34, but he seems to still have some gas. For the right price... I'd be OK with the move.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Running-on-Empty-Gas-Tank.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No thanks, he’s lost his speed and isn’t very agile anymore from what I’ve seen and heard.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What's important at safety is to go with someone who offers something that we need. We're loaded with box safeties. Wade needs a guy in that pairing who can ballhawk a bit when he goes single high.

Weddle's a great box safety still. But again just not what we need.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I trust these coaches know what they are doing and what they want at FS but I have at time thought Countess may work out if given the opportunity.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Wade signs off on it, hell yes. I want a vet who will understand the responsibilities and sure up the mental errors in the secondary.

TexasRam

Legend
For the right price why not have a Look-see.

I seem to recall Rod Woodson, Darren Woodson and other safety’s playing into their late 30’s. But maybe i am wrong and am currently to lazy to look it up.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Bring back Darian Stewart. Younger,probably cheaper and has played for Wade.

I have heard this name mentioned somewhere else here.... maybe in one of the Mock/offseason Posts. Not sure how people think he would be available. He will not become a UFA until 2021. He counts 6.3 Mil against the Broncos Cap this next season with 3.5-mil savings & a Dead money hit of 2.8-mil if they release him this off season. The Broncos have 35-Mil in Cap space so there is no need to cut him over Cap dollars. The Rams would have to trade for him. He was ranked near the bottom of Safety performance this past year by PFF.
I think they can get a better Safety in the middle rounds of the Draft.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have heard this name mentioned somewhere else here.... maybe in one of the Mock/offseason Posts. Not sure how people think he would be available. He will not become a UFA until 2021. He counts 6.3 Mil against the Broncos Cap this next season with 3.5-mil savings & a Dead money hit of 2.8-mil if they release him this off season. The Broncos have 35-Mil in Cap space so there is no need to cut him over Cap dollars. The Rams would have to trade for him. He was ranked near the bottom of Safety performance this past year by PFF.
I think they can get a better Safety in the middle rounds of the Draft.
He’s available...
https://milehighsports.com/darian-stewart-released-by-the-denver-broncos/amp/

Ellard80

Legend
What's important at safety is to go with someone who offers something that we need. We're loaded with box safeties. Wade needs a guy in that pairing who can ballhawk a bit when he goes single high.

Weddle's a great box safety still. But again just not what we need.

You think Johnson and Joyner are "box" safties? Interesting.. joyner is pretty small and was a slot corner - doesn't seem like a "box" saftey at all to me. Johnson III not really either, seems more like a FS who makes plays down the field.

Not saying I'm interested in Weddle neccessarily but I don't think either one of our starting safeties fit that description.. maybe some of the back ups do.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You think Johnson and Joyner are "box" safties? Interesting.. joyner is pretty small and was a slot corner - doesn't seem like a "box" saftey at all to me. Johnson III not really either, seems more like a FS who makes plays down the field.

Not saying I'm interested in Weddle neccessarily but I don't think either one of our starting safeties fit that description.. maybe some of the back ups do.

I think Joyner is a slot corner. And he's got enough fight in spite of his size to play in run support in a pinch too. He's certainly not a guy you want single high.

And Johnson is more comfortable in the box too, although he's young. Either way we are lacking that guy with the instincts and range to hurt teams/threaten INTs in the deep middle. It's a big need, so the guys I'm looking at aren't the box types.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

True story...

I started sporting a full beard several years back. I keep it pretty trim,,, but one summer a few years back I decided to let the thing grow out wild and see what happened.

Well, I was down in the Keys fueling up my boat at a very nice marina. I had just paid my fuel tab and I was waiting for one of the dock guys to bring me out some big blocks of ice from the back. I was waiting next to the area where they had live bait for sale.

So while I'm standing there, I couldn't help but to notice a guy buying some live bait. He had paid cash for it and was due like $30 change from the hundred dollar bill he used to pay with. The guy who took his money had to go inside to get him change. I could tell that the guy who bought the bait didn't realize that he even had any change coming because he was about to haul ass. So.... I tell him that the guy is going to get your change. He looks over at me... keep in mind that I'm sporting a Weddle style beard... and gives me this look of basic disgust. That's when he says "Sorry man, I don't have any change". The dude thought I was some kind of homeless guy begging for change.

Soon after, I started keeping my beard trimmed. LOLOLOLOL

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
True story...

That's when he says "Sorry man, I don't have any change". The dude thought I was some kind of homeless guy begging for change.

Soon after, I started keeping my beard trimmed. LOLOLOLOL
I was thinking you could then change your handle to RamBum. Or...maybe not. Lol. Nice story.