Rams sign vet CB Ahkello Witherspoon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man one - “I hear Ahkello has killed someone”

Man two - “Witherspoon?”

Man one - “No with a knife”.

I’ll get me coat……

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Never, and I mean never, can you have enough CB’s.

Let’s see how it shakes out. Game on Rochelle.
No question Rams needed depth and maybe more at CB. I have to think Morris at minimum has some specific situational use for Witherspoon in mind, and possibly a bigger role if he earns it.

Maybe not as big as bringing back Sony Michel at RB but within their cap constraints the Rams are adding experience and backfilling some important positions.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Very rare for the Rams to sign anyone who played for frisco. Usually the other way around.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Apparently the NFL site doesn't even recognize him. I searched his name it came up "No results found". I suspect they needed some vet depth so they kicked the tires on a guy who's missed nearly have his games the past 4 years. I wouldn't get too excited over this guy. If he contributes then great. If not, well at least it didn't cost too much.

oldnotdead

Legend
Ahkello is a boom/bust type of FA signing. He brings experience, size, and speed to CB. Obviously, they are looking at him as a RCB moving Durant to LCB. With Tomlinson as SCB. God knows I'd rather see Witherspoon out there than Kendrick no matter how much Morris likes him. His play is inconsistent which is why he hasn't stuck with any team. He's got the athleticism, speed, and size of a good starting CB but between his nagging hamstring injuries and battered confidence, his play has never maintained a high level of consistency.

He was drafted by the Niners in the third round but he had the length, speed, and athleticism of a much better player than his draft position reflected. Most evaluators dropped him into the late second to the middle of the third round for one reason. He lacked polish and was looked upon as a one year developmental type player. But SF put him out there as a rookie starter and those technique flaws surfaced. Then there were the nagging hamstring injuries. Those combined to put him into the coaching doghouse, much like Morris has done with Rochell. The Steelers saw improvement in his overall play but it was his lack of availability that got him released, much like Terrell Lewis here in LA.

If he can stay healthy for the first time in his career and polish up his game in LA he could be a legit starter for 2 or maybe 3 years or otherwise, he's a one year rental at best.