Rams sign all their draft picks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/12/the-rams-sign-a-draft-pick/

The Rams sign a draft pick
Posted by Josh Alper on June 12, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptq1yju2mza3n2uxyjc4ytc1mdmxodi1ndzizmjinzg5-e1434139850788.jpeg
Getty Images

The Rams said goodbye to a member of their 2015 draft class before they had any of them signed to contracts, but that won’t happen twice.

Third-round pick Jamon Brown shared a picture of his contract signing on Instagram. Brown called the moment “a huge milestone” in his life and it’s one that the rest of the group should be experiencing soon.

The Rams have typically been one of the last teams to start signing their draft picks since the 2011 CBA streamlined the process significantly and Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com points out that this is right about the time the team has signed their picks the last two seasons.

Brown started at left tackle for Louisville the last two seasons, but Rams coach Jeff Fisher said after the draft that the team sees him as a guard. He could compete for a starting job there on a line that’s going to see some changing after the Rams drafted four blockers this year.

There were nine picks altogether, although the Rams released wide receiver Bud Sasser’s rights because he failed a physical because of a heart condition. Sasser’s agent maintains Sasser has received clearance to play.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last season they had them all signed on the same day as well - June 12th.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-their-entire-draft-class-in-one-fell-swoop/

Rams sign their entire draft class in one fell swoop
Posted by Darin Gantt on June 12, 2015

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwzlnzy5mmfhmjjhntkxzwy1zwrkndrhngfjmmuzngnh.jpeg
AP

The Rams don’t do business like most teams when it comes to draft picks, but they do business efficiently.

Via Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams signed their entire draft class Friday, announcing the moves in bulk, from first-round running back Todd Gurley to the last of them.

The Rams have made the organizational decision to wait to hand their picks signing bonuses until they put them through some financial training, in the interest of responsibility.

But now they’ve got them all taken care of at once, and they only have a month and a half before the start of training camp to wonder how their picks are going to spend their new cash.

RamBill

Legend
Rams sign entire 2015 draft class
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_a9b6084e-2ee0-5bd2-bd9e-b1fb02f54ea2.html

Since the adoption of the 2011 collective bargaining agreement, almost all of the suspense, strategy, and drama of signing draft picks is gone.

The amount of money the draft picks make is slotted by draft position, and the length of contracts is mandated by the CBA. As one Rams official joked this week, "negotiating" takes about three minutes.

As a result, the days of the training camp holdout are over, and teams start signing draft picks a few days after selecting them. The Rams choose to wait a while. Coach Jeff Fisher likes to use the first several weeks after the draft to indoctrinate the draft picks on what is expected of them as pros, before handing over bonuses and guaranteed money.

But usually by mid June, the Rams announce the signing of all of their 2015 picks. And so it was Friday, when the Rams let it be known that their entire draft class has been signed — from first-round running back Todd Gurley to seventh-round defensive end Martin Ifedi.

The only exception this year was last week's signing of sixth-round wide receiver Bud Sasser. There were extenuating circumstances there, because Sasser failed the Rams' physical due to a heart condition.

The Rams awarded Sasser his signing bonus, but then waived him off their reserve/non-football injury list.

RAM-BLINGS

Philadelphia officially placed former Pro Bowl guard Evan Mathis on waivers Friday. The Rams don't figure to be interested unless Mathis comes much cheaper than expected.

San Francisco has claimed former Rams offensive tackle Sean Hooey off waivers from the New York Jets.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Kevin Demoff has to be the best at what he does in the entire NFL. I know we haven't won many games these past 3 years but I don't think there's another front office I would rather have.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kevin Demoff has to be the best at what he does in the entire NFL. I know we haven't won many games these past 3 years but I don't think there's another front office I would rather have.

Totally concur @Legatron4 Kevin Demoff has been a breath of fresh air after the reign of Ziggy The Terrible!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This has become a tradition for the Rams to sign all their draft picks on such a glorious day, June 12th. The day the party got started, my birthday of course!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This has become a tradition for the Rams to sign all their draft picks on such a glorious day, June 12th. The day the party got started, my birthday of course!
Happy Birthday dude! Which life altering age are you turning sir?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Happy Birthday dude! Which life altering age are you turning sir?
I'm all in order again with a 5 and a 6. Feeling pretty young though with planning this Seattle game road trip!!!!!

RAGRam

Pro Bowler

Just to be "that guy" it's pretty damn easy to sign your rookies in this day and age. We'll see what he's really made of when there are multiple players who we want to re-sign all entering their 2nd contracts.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Both Todd Gurley & Jamon Brown signed their contracts with their left hands. Guess being left handed came in handy playing mostly OLT the last four yrs for Jamon Brown.