Rams send 10th cornerback to IR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jim Thomas

The St. Louis Rams reached double figures in cornerbacks placed on the injured reserve list when Marquis Johnson received that designation on Tuesday.

Johnson suffered what originally was described as an abdominal contusion in Sunday's 24-7 loss to Seattle and was hospitalized Monday night for observation and additional examination. It turns out Johnson has a lacerated spleen. According to league sources, Johnson will not need surgery, just rest and recovery time. He becomes the 10th cornerback place on IR by the Rams this season.

The Rams filled Johnson's spot on the active roster by signing offensive tackle Thomas Welch off Buffalo's practice squad. Welch, 6-6, 300, played his college ball at Vanderbilt. He spent part of 2010 with Minnesota and appeared in three games earlier this season for New England including a Week 4 start against Oakland.

Welch was at Rams Park last week for a tryout. So was cornerback Kendric Burney, who has been added to the Rams' practice squad this week, filling the void created when offensive tackle Kevin Hughes was promoted to the active roster Saturday. Burney is an undrafted rookie from North Carolina who spent training camp with the Carolina Panthers this summer.

Defensive tackle Kade Weston and cornerback Morgan Trent worked out for the Rams on Tuesday, but neither was signed.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/rams-report/rams-add-offensive-tackle-place-another-corner-on-ir/article_533ee86c-156c-11e1-9a55-001a4bcf6878.html#ixzz1eUUeOnSs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... z1eUUeOnSs</a>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
*sigh*

I give up, this is just too much.
1 more and that equals the entire number of players on defense. What. The. Hell?

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
*sigh*

I give up, this is just too much.
1 more and that equals the entire number of players on defense. What. The. Hell?

I mean really, I just don't understand it. I haven't double checked, but I'm guessing we have more CB on IR alone than anyone else has on IR period. It's just baffling.

superfan24

Starter
Holy shit this has to be a record in the NFL.
But its definitely Spags fault. O and they should fire BD too cause he didn't predict their future injury info.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
C'mon... where are these IR stats? They've gotta be around somewhere. I didn't think it could get worse than last year. I was wrong.

cfin5256

Rookie
I read the thread title and all I could do was laugh. It's either that or cry at this point lol. It won't be long before we're accused of hording CB's. :sly:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
cfin5256 said:
I read the thread title and all I could do was laugh. It's either that or cry at this point lol. It won't be long before we're accused of hording CB's. :sly:
That's actually what I did (laugh). I saw the title in my news feed and chuckled out this sentence: "Get the fuck outta here... seriously?"

cfin5256

Rookie
X said:
cfin5256 said:
That's actually what I did (laugh). I saw the title in my news feed and chuckled out this sentence: "Get the freak outta here... seriously?"

When you think about it, it would be an absolute shame if circumstances force Stan to clean house. We've got 10 freakin cb's on IR and still rank 9th in pass D. Someone's doing something right defensively. If we can that to translate to the offensive side of the ball, we can make the Whiners actually earn the damn division next year.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Rams CB meetings????

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqakCa-MysE[/youtube]

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Ten Little Cornerbacks - the murder mystery angle; who's responsible?

But I still like the horror movie metaphor. Right now, Justin King looks like the survivor against all odds. Didn't he keep getting knicked and missing games the last 3 years? Go figure.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Ram Quixote said:
Ten Little Cornerbacks - the murder mystery angle; who's responsible?

But I still like the horror movie metaphor. Right now, Justin King looks like the survivor against all odds. Didn't he keep getting knicked and missing games the last 3 years? Go figure.
Then he must be the murderer, because he is the one most would like to murder, or the Butler did it, as usual.... :evil: