Rams rookie John Franklin-Myers switches to Robert Quinn's old jersey number

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/10/nfl-rams-john-franklin-myers-jersey-number-robert-quinn/
By: Cameron DaSilva

When the Los Angeles Rams take the field on Monday night against the Oakland Raiders, one player will be wearing a different jersey number. Rookie edge rusher John Franklin-Myers has switched from No. 57 to 94, taking Robert Quinn’s old digits.

He confirmed the switch on Twitter when a fan noticed the change on the roster.

Yes sir!!

— John Franklin-Myers (@J_FranklinMyers) September 9, 2018

No matter the position, 57 is somewhat of an obscure number. Arguably the greatest player to wear No. 57 was Hall of Famer Rickey Jackson with other notable names being Bart Scott, Olin Kreutz and C.J. Mosley, among others.

No. 94 was most famously donned by DeMarcus Ware and Charles Haley, as well as linebacker Chad Brown. Perhaps Franklin-Myers can fill the void left by Quinn, who made two Pro Bowls with the Rams and has 62.5 career sacks.

This number fits John Franklin-Myer much better than his first pick. When your over 6-4 & carry approx 290 lbs you should where something else beside #57. After wathing him in pre season I am sure he is much more DL'er than OLB/ER in my estimates. He is also a much better back up to Micheal Brockers than we had last season.

https://www.therams.com/team/players-roster/john-franklin-myers/.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now is the time for the change, if ever.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
My # in HS was 57. You might notice that from my user name. I'm a little disappointed...

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Now Trevon Young needs to take 57 and dump 49