Rams Rookie DT Aaron Donald 1 On 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend

Fox 2 Sports reporter Zac Choate goes One on One with Rams first round draft pick Aaron Donald after the team wrapped up their OTA workouts and begin their break before Training Camp opens in late July. (3:42)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I can't wait until he gets up to speed on this D!! It's going to be a lot of fun to watch!!!!!!!

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Love this guys attitude, he's going to be a massive player for us in the next few years..

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Love this guys attitude, he's going to be a massive player for us in the next few years..
Something I've noticed... even though the Four Pillars isn't a thing anymore, most of the guys we're getting are really really high character. Which I think is a good thing.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
QB against all we play:

original.jpg

paceram

Pro Bowler

Fox 2 Sports reporter Zac Choate goes One on One with Rams first round draft pick Aaron Donald after the team wrapped up their OTA workouts and begin their break before Training Camp opens in late July. (3:42)

I will be shocked if Aaron Donald doesn't become a great player for the Rams!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This guy has stud written all over him.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I love that we ended up with Aaron and Gregzilla (not my idea for that name, but damn it's great) instead of the Clown and who knows who else. Glad our coaches don't buy the hype and instead go for players now. No hesitation when Aaron was asked what he thought about playing physical smashmouth football. He seemed sincere when said he loved it and you can't fake that grin that came on his face. This is a rookie to watch.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Kinda gives ya the chills. Sure seems like the attitude is changing for the better, go 100% and don't accept anything less than winning and a winning attitude.
Our 3rd and 4th year players with the older guys and the coaching staff seem to be creating an environment for success.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Kinda gives ya the chills. Sure seems like the attitude is changing for the better, go 100% and don't accept anything less than winning and a winning attitude.
Our 3rd and 4th year players with the older guys and the coaching staff seem to be creating an environment for success.
This is why vets like long and JL are vital for us. Leaders

RamzFanz

Damnit
I love that we ended up with Aaron and Gregzilla (not my idea for that name, but damn it's great) instead of the Clown and who knows who else. Glad our coaches don't buy the hype and instead go for players now. No hesitation when Aaron was asked what he thought about playing physical smashmouth football. He seemed sincere when said he loved it and you can't fake that grin that came on his face. This is a rookie to watch.

If Rams had taken Clowney AND Donald, OMG! I'm very pleased with Robinson, but that duo on the Rams would have dominated everyone.

In the end, the draft was awesome, but the Clowney dissing is not going to last long after the season starts IMHO.

BD-TomCat

Rookie
In my Tiga voice- Sack City, Sack Sack City Yo Sack City Sack Sack City STL now stand for SACK THE LEAGUE

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
If Rams had taken Clowney AND Donald, OMG! I'm very pleased with Robinson, but that duo on the Rams would have dominated everyone.

In the end, the draft was awesome, but the Clowney dissing is not going to last long after the season starts IMHO.

Yes, it's a catch 22. We still have to protect Sam and keep a running game going. We did do that and I still stand by my claim that Donald will be more impressive than Clowney. Your view is great, but we still have to score some points. If just to make up for rookie mistakes. It's going to happen. But damn, again, that woulld have been fun to have watched with him on the D. Giving more to Gregg now seem's like giving Sammy to Martz in in his offense. Those guys are loaded on D. Let's let Sam shine too!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yes, it's a catch 22. We still have to protect Sam and keep a running game going. We did do that and I still stand by my claim that Donald will be more impressive than Clowney. Your view is great, but we still have to score some points. If just to make up for rookie mistakes. It's going to happen. But damn, again, that woulld have been fun to have watched with him on the D. Giving more to Gregg now seem's like giving Sammy to Martz in in his offense. Those guys are loaded on D. Let's let Sam shine too!

Yeah. I'm with ya. I love the possibilities of the run game this season which helps everything, but damn, that could have been a pass rush for the ages.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
Aaron Donald will add more to this line than Clowney would have.
clowney would need to be Quinn 2.0 to change the DL dynamic. If Clowney would get double digit sacks for this team that's nice, but CL has that already. If Donald gets crazy sack numbers (ala Randle-Sapp) this will be something not seen in a front four in a long time.

In the words of Bart Scott "CAN'T WAIT":party:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sounds great in theory - in practice how would the Rams have gotten everyone on the field? Better to use the #2 pick on filling another hole, than using two high draft picks to improve the Rams' strongest position. But yes, IF Clowney becomes as good as Quinn, it would have been worthwhile anyway. Of course, the Rams never had the chance.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Sounds great in theory - in practice how would the Rams have gotten everyone on the field? Better to use the #2 pick on filling another hole, than using two high draft picks to improve the Rams' strongest position. But yes, IF Clowney becomes as good as Quinn, it would have been worthwhile anyway. Of course, the Rams never had the chance.
I would have trusted GW to make good use of them. Just keeping people fresh would have been crushing.

I have no argument with what Snisher did though.