Rams resign Blythe

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This will definitely help stabilize the line for 2020. Even as a backup.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Hope he's fully healthy. And yes, would rather him play center than guard, he was better at the former than the latter.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hoping its a reasonable contract.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Needs to be cheap. Hoping that's the case.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
He's a solid center and reliable backup linemen, I'm fine with re-signing him

Still hoping we can get Tyler Biadasz in the draft

Checkmate

Ram HOF'er
Name
Shaun
I think he is miles ahead of how Allen played. Wouldn't be opposed to him staring at Center especially on a cheap contract

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
He will be good competition for the rest of the center's if that's the plan. Injured Blythe > Allen in 2019 so if Allen beats him out in 2020 that will be a good sign of improvement on Allen's part.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Depending on the money he may start at center.

If he doesn’t that means Brian Allen is A LOT better than everyone around here thinks!!!

LMAO - yeah The Rams are drafting a Center & a OFFENSIVE LINEMAN ??? LMAO

In Kromer I TRUST !! My first post was
THE BIG 5!! Austin Blythe was not apart of that squad the first season,but now he is a veteran Leader who will make the call on the Offensive Line.
-Yes I know it is a good draft for a Center,but then again The Rams will draft a young RB with there early pick if not a DT/DE .
Talk about building young depth, that is what The Rams have done with there offensive line. Complain all you want, truth is if Higbee makes a catch at the end of the 3rd qrt against The 9ers things could be different. I’m sort of glad The Rams did not make the playoffs. Hated lossing to the 9ers.

Does Fowler get resigned ??

Last edited:

WestCoastRam

Legend
Also, with the way Coronavirus plays out and most likely needing to have major social distancing into the summer. Vets now have a significantly higher ROI than a rookies. Rookies most likely won't get as much face-time, work in classrooms, etc...

Ram65

Legend
What if it's not a reasonable deal?

I'm hoping three years under $11 Mil or close.

This doesn't look good for B Allen. I think his ankle injury affected his play. He also had shoulder issues. He is not the big nasty OC we've been hoping for. He does good at line calls and can move when healthy. He can play OC/OG. I think the Rams are looking at the cost value compared to other options. It appears they let him test the market before signing so I don't think the Rams overpaid by a lot.

fearsomefour

Legend
Also, with the way Coronavirus plays out and most likely needing to have major social distancing into the summer. Vets now have a significantly higher ROI than a rookies. Rookies most likely won't get as much face-time, work in classrooms, etc...
Social distancing is the only thing that can stop Aaron Donald pass rush.

AlphaRam

Rookie
Good move, solid depth signing and I honestly wouldn't mind him as our starting center week one. We definitely could do worse.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do I feel like every team that signs a player has the money announced instantly except for the Rams??

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I can feel ok with Blythe at center.

Assuming Big Whit is resigned for LT we have a cadre of guys that have shown they can play to an extent. Need some strength and just overall continuity.

Between Corbett, Edwards, Evans, Havenstein, we know we have guys that can get it done and/or have some NFL experience.

Resigning Whit makes this a 6 deep oline cadre not including Noteboom or Allen.