Rams recent draft history

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
So several things have been brought up on how Snead drafts. The same questions always come up, how important are workouts and private meetings and how much does he weigh the Senior Bowl and Shrine game. Somebody on TST did the homework for us. Here are the draft picks from the last two years, the time frame without Fisher where we think and feel Snead was finally given the reins.

2017 NFL Draft:
Gerald Everett - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Cooper Kupp - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
John Johnson - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Josh Reynolds - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Samson Ebukam - senior
Tanzel Smart - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Sam Rogers - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Ejuan Price - senior

2018 NFL Draft:
Joe Noteboom - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Brian Allen - senior
John Franklin-Myers - senior
Micah Kiser - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
John Kelly - junior
Jamil Demby - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Sebastian Joseph-Day - senior
Trevon Young - senior
Travin Howard - senior
Justin Lawler - senior, visited

Notice a couple trends? Every pick but Kelly was a senior. Second trend? Nine of nineteen were Senior Bowl attendees. We don't have the visit tracker in this from 2017 but I'm sure some Sherlock Holmes can and wants to go back and dig that up but last year I seem to remember most all of those guys coming in for a visit or we worked them out on campus.

I think we can list four criteria for Snead to think somebody is a viable pick.

1) Senior
2) Senior Bowl
3) Workout
4) Need (or percieved 2nd year need)

So with these idea's and info out there we have a little over a week to redo mocks or change direction. Have fun!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just went back through my mock and 5 of my 7 picks were seniors I know 3 at least were Senior Bowl attendees, maybe I was lucky.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is it a trend that they drafted less players who attended Senior Bowl?

But yeah, the Senior thing looks huge....
More picks in the 6th and 7th last year might have made it hard to get that many Senior Bowl guys.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
More picks in the 6th and 7th last year might have made it hard to get that many Senior Bowl guys.
Could be, although....
2017 out of 3 6/7 round picks, they took 2 SB players 66.7%
2018 out of 6 6/7 round picks, they only took 1 SB player. 16.7%
Twice as many picks, half the players.
I'm just having fun with the numbers, its too small of a sample to make any conclusion. The Senior thing though? That's something fer sure

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
So several things have been brought up on how Snead drafts. The same questions always come up, how important are workouts and private meetings and how much does he weigh the Senior Bowl and Shrine game. Somebody on TST did the homework for us. Here are the draft picks from the last two years, the time frame without Fisher where we think and feel Snead was finally given the reins.

2017 NFL Draft:
Gerald Everett - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Cooper Kupp - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
John Johnson - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Josh Reynolds - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Samson Ebukam - senior
Tanzel Smart - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Sam Rogers - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Ejuan Price - senior

2018 NFL Draft:
Joe Noteboom - senior, Senior Bowl attendee
Brian Allen - senior
John Franklin-Myers - senior
Micah Kiser - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
John Kelly - junior
Jamil Demby - senior, Senior Bowl attendee, visited
Sebastian Joseph-Day - senior
Trevon Young - senior
Travin Howard - senior
Justin Lawler - senior, visited

Notice a couple trends? Every pick but Kelly was a senior. Second trend? Nine of nineteen were Senior Bowl attendees. We don't have the visit tracker in this from 2017 but I'm sure some Sherlock Holmes can and wants to go back and dig that up but last year I seem to remember most all of those guys coming in for a visit or we worked them out on campus.

I think we can list four criteria for Snead to think somebody is a viable pick.

1) Senior
2) Senior Bowl
3) Workout
4) Need (or percieved 2nd year need)

So with these idea's and info out there we have a little over a week to redo mocks or change direction. Have fun!
Hard for me to argue against this. You stand a real good chance to select a more mature physically & mentally kid. Much more tape is usually available on Seniors to be it good or bad. The Senior Bowl is a very good opportunity to eval in the actual very important game element in person for Snead.

When reviewing the prospects in the top 20 most of them are not Seniors. The next 20 is where you start to find some good Senior prospects like Bradbury OL, Wilkins DL, Baker CB, Risner RG & OG Chris Lindstrom.

The more I investigate on Risner the more I like. He will be an instant plug-in starter if an injury were to take place in our new OL. Yes, there would be some shuffling of positions but he can start @ 3 posts now if need be! Lindstrom is not far behind Risner.

DL'er Wilkins may not have the ceiling that a Simmons or Lawrence would have, but Wilkins would check the Snead top boxes in his list. It was Wilkins that held that DL togther in that Championship game. Snead is sure to have a heavy leaning on him. Oozes maturity & professionalism. You would get your $$$ worth with him for 5 seasons. He could play any of the front 3 posts too.

On Friday late evening we might want to keep an eye on CB's Isaiah Johnson, Nasir Adderley & Rock Ya-Sin, Safeties Jaquan Johnson & Juan Thornhill, ILB David Long, DL LJ Collier & ER Christian Miller to see which of them falls & drops to us. On early Saturday with that 4th /#133 selection......NT Renell Wren, RB Bryce Love, OG Dru Samia hopefully one of them will be there.

Last edited: