Rams re-sign Tyler Johnson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm fine with this move. @Memento has always liked him and he pays attention, so hopefully they see what Memsie sees.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Solid backup. Reported to be a good teammate, who works hard and does what he’s told, similarly to Demarcus Robinson in that way.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The notion that this precludes taking a WR in the draft is, well…contra-historical.

Last year, our depth chart of veterans was Kupp, Jefferson, Atwell, Robinson and Johnson, and our WR1 ended up being a rookie.

I still think the position is still in play.

Last edited:

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The notion that this precludes taking a WR in the draft is, well…contra-historical.

Last year, our depth chart of veterans was Kupp, Jefferson, Atwell, Robinson and Johnson, and our WR1 ended up being a rookie.

I still think the position is still in play.
I think you are right - the position is very much in play. The only two WRs that will be under contract after this year will be Puka and Kupp. And Kupp will hopefully be back and healthy, but it certainly can't be guaranteed.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm fine with this move. @Memento has always liked him and he pays attention, so hopefully they see what Memsie sees.

I'm fine with him as a backup. He's had awesome hands and route-running since his days at Minnesota. His bowl game against Auburn was what got me to pay attention; he made Noah Igbinoghene - a first round corner - look awful.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
He's had awesome hands and route-running since his days at Minnesota.
I’d like to know why he hasn’t had more playing time with the Rams. He was a good prospect, as you say, and I can’t believe it’s his work ethic that has let him down.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I’d like to know why he hasn’t had more playing time with the Rams. He was a good prospect, as you say, and I can’t believe it’s his work ethic that has let him down.

It's probably because he lacks long speed, elusiveness, physicality. You can survive without long speed, suddenness, and physicality if you're big, but he's 6'1", 206 lbs. Pretty tall, but he's not a Kupp or Nacua or St. Brown, and he doesn't have the speed to be more than a slot receiver.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
We had another WR a couple of years back who I thought had positive pre-season but never seemed to catch on……

was his name Stallworth?

WestCoastRam

Legend
He's a guy who can only play F or Z who's only so-so. He's not gonna take snaps from Kupp or Puka. And Tutu offered way more at F than he could when Kupp was out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He's a guy who can only play F or Z who's only so-so. He's not gonna take snaps from Kupp or Puka. And Tutu offered way more at F than he could when Kupp was out.
Just wondering if you know what Tyler Johnson & D.Robinson almost have in common ? lol

Always it’s a nice resigning & adds to The Rams depth.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Johnson's deal is on the cap sites ... $1,130,000. Includes a $75,000 bonus.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Johnson's deal is on the cap sites ... $1,130,000. Includes a $75,000 bonus.
Having a player like Johnson on the roster or in training camp is a good thing.If he gets beat out so be it.It takes The Pressure of if Drafting a WR. He & Robinson have a nice bound & bringing back the same WR group from 2023 isn’t a bad thing.

His TD against the 9ers broke the streak & will always be appreciated by me. His attitude of signing autographs at training camp. He really loves the game & to be a Ram !! That is always good things.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well I’ll continue on to what I wanted to see.The Rams bringing back solid players that deserved to get paid for there contributions as Rams(players).

Tyler Johnson brings such a positive vibe along with Demarcus Robinson.

These guys make coach Yarber’s job that much easier.Having veteran guys with Tutu yet again all complement each other.

I also know bringing in a young WR is going to be necessary with them all being FA’s ? That player though will learn a lot with this group of players.