Rams re-sign CB Donte Deayon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
1585618338139.png

The Rams brought back defensive back Donte Deayon on Monday, according to an NFL Network report… and Deayon himself.

Deayon was a restricted free agent, who the Rams did not give a tender to, so he became an unrestricted free agent.

He will now have a chance to compete to be the slot cornerback as the Rams need to replace Nickell Robey-Coleman, whose option wasn’t exercised by the team so signed with the Eagles.

Deayon, 26, played in three games for the Rams last season. The Southern California native joined the Rams in 2018. He entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent with the New York Giants in 2016.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This makes me happy. Wanted to see more of him in this defense. (y)

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
He is at best a back up. Robey-Coleman was underrated.That said D.Long & D.Williams need to get playing time.
That’s why I said possible. And if you think D. Long has enough speed to take over for Coleman prepare to be disappointed.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

that's life in the nfl. you can't have 5 all pro cbs.

and you can't even keep all your average ones.

young guys have to step up.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That’s why I said possible. And if you think D. Long has enough speed to take over for Coleman prepare to be disappointed.

Actually think D. Williams is the Dog in the middle.

David Long seems to be able to play more of a zone coverage guy. Being able play inside a bit.He should have a lot of growth ?? Maybe your right. I was not a fan of cutting Clay or Coleman. I do believe in finding ascending players.
Glad Brockers is back though.I’m about The Rams finding playmakers in 2020. 2019 players drafted could be almost as good as 2017.

Donte Deayon is a nice player to develop. Never know how a player will surprise.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Matthews I didn’t mind losing because he absolutely refused to play the run always rushing the quarterback thus padding his sack stat. Which is one of the reasons our run defense sucked, and probably why McVay decided to cut him. Plus I think we got his last good year anyway. Coleman I too was hoping we could hold onto, but his play this last season wasn’t what we’re use to from him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Long should be able to win a starting position this year. If not, it's gonna be a bad look for that pick. I'm guessing he'll be our new slot CB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Long should be able to win a starting position this year. If not, it's gonna be a bad look for that pick. I'm guessing he'll be our new slot CB.

I didn't like the pick. He may stick to his many but his size and speed hinders him from turning and playing the ball. He covers like he's playing basketball.

Ram65

Legend
I like Williams, Long, and Deayon. Let them all compete. You can never have enough DBs.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
He and Long will compete the slot CB spot... We'll see if Williams can push Hill for his spot as well.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't have film or anything, but tell me why do we think he's anything but depth when he wasn't valuable enough to tender last year?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Matthews I didn’t mind losing because he absolutely refused to play the run always rushing the quarterback thus padding his sack stat. Which is one of the reasons our run defense sucked, and probably why McVay decided to cut him. Plus I think we got his last good year anyway. Coleman I too was hoping we could hold onto, but his play this last season wasn’t what we’re use to from him.

Using the eyeball test, it sure seemed like Matthews was a step too slow many times. I think we might have gotten him a year too late.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't have film or anything, but tell me why do we think he's anything but depth when he wasn't valuable enough to tender last year?
Tender would have cost $2.13 million. Deayon was signed to a new contract worth $825,000 K. Difference of $1.308 million. Just appears that Demoff is busy at squeezing the eyeballs out of all his Ram salary cap Lincoln pennies.:giggle:

P.S. Donte Deayon has ran a 4.42 in a 40. Deayon is far more outside corner than Nickle. That Nickle post will be a fight between Long & Williams.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tender would have cost $2.13 million. Deayon was signed to a new contract worth $825,000 K. Difference of $1.308 million. Just appears that Demoff is busy at squeezing the eyeballs out of all his Ram salary cap Lincoln pennies.:giggle:

P.S. Donte Deayon has ran a 4.42 in a 40. Deayon is far more outside corner than Nickle. That Nickle post will be a fight between Long & Williams.
homer ~ Old School