Rams on the Clock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I apologize in advance if this kind of thing is more appropriate in the mock draft section - it is kind of a mock - but really more of a game. We did one before free agency in the mock section but I was hoping it would get more traction here.

Using either a random mock draft that I find (or sometimes making one up myself), I run through the first few rounds of the draft giving the Rams various decisions along the way to trade down, up, or make picks. I then ask posters to vote on the Rams course of action (majority rules).

The scenarios that I mock might not seem realistic to you - and thats fine. I'm no expert, just an enthusiast - and this is just for fun. Play if you would like ....

So away we go.

With the first pick in the draft, the Atlanta Falcons (yes, the Falcons) select Jadeveon Clowney.

The St. Louis Rams are on the Clock.

The following offers are on the table:

1. Houston is willing to trade #6 and #33 for #2. (In case you were wondering, they got #6, #37, and a 2015 #1 in their trade down)

2. Minnesota will trade #8 and a 2015 first round pick for #2.

3. Cleveland is offering the #4 and the #26 for the Rams #2 and #75.

Either take one of these 3 offers or pick a player at #2. I'll tally the votes tonight and we will move on.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To elaborate a little further: I would accept Houston's offer because I think going lower than 6 would put us at risk of missing out on all of the guys I deem to be top prospects. Obviously that may not be the case and the 1st rounder from Minnesota is tempting but at 6 I think were guaranteed one of watkins/matthews/robinson, and that 33rd pick is essentially a first rounder

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is a good idea. I saw it on another board. Only thing is it seems to work much better if you run it as a poll for each pick every few days and if you don't use trades. Much more realistic. Just an idea. This isn't my thread though,so i'll play along. Maybe i'll start the other format in the mock draft thread.

Back to the topic...i'd take the Houston trade. It allows us to move down a few spots(but not too far).

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The draft is about a dead topic for me. We trade down, draft a T, then pick someone who'll help us on defense. Second round is exciting but who knows...

That's about it until we actually see what happens.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I'd take Cleveland's offer. There'll be plenty of teams wishing to trade up to #4, and we can get even more of the better-value late-first/early-second round prospects.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'll actually take Cleveland's offer myself

iced

Cleveland.. Only move 2 spots and still have pick of the litter or trade down again. This is where I'd pencil in Watkins going as of now, they went heavy on D in FA

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
The Minnesota deal could be worth a gamble. They were terrible on D last year and they are looking even worse next year. They have no QB either.
I think they would be picking in the top 10 again next year.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Cleveland because I'm greedy, don't want too lose out on Greg Robinson

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Hands down I'd trade with Cleveland.... ofc that's considering how our scouting FO personal views the depth in this class.
picks #4 to get our guy, #13, and #26? Kidding me? BEAST MODE!

P.S. i think next year MINN. is a top 5 pick

Last edited:

laramsoriginal

Starter
Houston' s offer. I don't like the idea of trading the rams 3rd round pick. This draft is deep, losing the ability to draft a potential future starter is something I dont want the rams doing

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
No need to apologize bro. A little creativity is what this board needs. I definitely like the Falcons offer. We need multiple starters out of this draft. I also think it would be good for them - as they need "1" starter (that can rush the passer).