Rams oline may be more affected by Robinson than draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Rams will be able to pick up at least two guys in the draft for the right side of the line. That won't be a problem. We worry if they'll be right or any good but there's a lot that can be done on a line of 5-men to mask deficiencies... as long as you have some stallwarts that can help you mask them.

When we had Pace, we could just leave him on an island. When Timmerman was next to him, the left side of the line was locked down. It allowed us to scheme to support the weaker side of our line or the right side. TE help, double blocks, etc...

If Robinson develops into the blue chip player he can be, it might go father than any particular draft pick we make this week.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
There will be a lot of pressure on the O-Line this season, I think they (Rams o-linemen) all know it and will be giving 110% in camp. I also believe the Rams will pick up a lineman or two in the draft and the line may surprise us all this season.

Moostache

Rookie
It is definitely time for Robinson to play like the #2overall pick...whether that is enough to save the Rams current o-line is still debatable.

I hope he at minimum is a dominating run blocker and lives up to that promise.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Rams will be able to pick up at least two guys in the draft for the right side of the line. That won't be a problem. We worry if they'll be right or any good but there's a lot that can be done on a line of 5-men to mask deficiencies... as long as you have some stallwarts that can help you mask them.

When we had Pace, we could just leave him on an island. When Timmerman was next to him, the left side of the line was locked down. It allowed us to scheme to support the weaker side of our line or the right side. TE help, double blocks, etc...

If Robinson develops into the blue chip player he can be, it might go father than any particular draft pick we make this week.

Totally agree. Hope most of G Rob's growing pains are over. But I'm pretty sure Timmerman always played on the right side.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I agree that the line can take a big step forward if Robinson improves as we hope he does. As others have noted in other discussions on this forum, a line really only needs a couple of blue chippers surrounded by three solid guys to be good in the NFL. If Saffold and Robinson can be those blue chippers then the Rams do not need to find stars for OC, LG and RT, just capable starters.

Nutten was the LG next to Pace during most of the GSOT time
Timmerman played RG

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Have to say that I have total faith in Gregzilla. If he's half as good as Willie Roaf (his comparison) was, then we have ourselves a left tackle to build around. If Rhaney does what I think he'll do, we'll have a center to build around as well.

jap

Legend
GRob will be receiving a ton of experience just trying to fend off The Mighty Quinn in camp. In fact, all of our OL guys will quite a workout from our dominant DL.

jjab360

Legend
Yeah, Barksdale, Wells, and Joseph shouldn't be too hard to replace with equal production or even upgrade on because the latter two were so bad. So if GRob develops like Quinn did that'll probably have just as much of an impact on our OL next year as the new guys we bring in.

Pretty much the summary of why I'm not panicking like most are about the OL right now.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Imo his body type is more suited to play guard. Unless he has ultra quick feet I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved And becomes an pro bowler. 10yrs ago tackles looked like him but with DEs and linebackers being so fast today guys his size are moved inside. Unless like I said their feet are are ungodly quick for their size. Either way I hope he becomes a perennial pro bowler

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Imo his body type is more suited to play guard. Unless he has ultra quick feet I wouldn't be surprised if he was moved And becomes an pro bowler. 10yrs ago tackles looked like him but with DEs and linebackers being so fast today guys his size are moved inside. Unless like I said their feet are are ungodly quick for their size. Either way I hope he becomes a perennial pro bowler

I think G will be his best position too.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They'll have GRob on the left side coming into his own, and Saffold on the right side at OG. Stick a top rook by both and they're in business.

I believe this will be the most talented OL the Rams have had in a long time. I'm excited man, just pray they don't push their luck too much by waiting on OL, they need to make it a priority.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
To put it all on Greg Robinson is ridiculas when management decided not to get at least one top OL in FA. I just hope they make the OL a priority in this draft. By that I mean 1st round pick and at least 2 more. And I surely hope Saffold is the RG this year.