Rams News Recap: May 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams’ Draft Was All About Offense –Wagoner
The start of free agency was good to St. Louis Rams defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. In the opening days, the Rams added defensive tackle Nick Fairley and linebacker Akeem Ayers, two of their most coveted outside free agents.

Wagoner Reviews/Grades the Rams Draft –Video

Jim Thomas Talks Rams Draft –Audio

Rams Fortify Fisher Offense, Cement Identity in 2015 NFL Draft –Gray
The St. Louis Rams entered the 2015 NFL Draft looking to solidify glaring holes along the offensive line, particularly at the guard and tackle positions.

Why are Fisher & Snead in the ‘Perpetual Rebuilding Process’? –Audio

Greg Cosell Talks Draft, Says Rams Executed Plan ‘Extremely Well’ –Audio

The Rams Are Stuck Playing Catch Up in the Draft –Karraker
As the Rams worked their way through the 2015 draft, I liked what I heard. I didn’t think there was a player taken in the ten selected after Todd Gurley that I thought would have been a better choice than him.

Three Facts We Learned About the Rams in the Draft –Stats Doctor
The Rams made plenty of noise and turned more than a few heads with their selections in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Gordon’s Tipsheet: Rams Earn Mixed Draft Reviews
The Rams earned mixed reviews for their latest draft after surprising experts with their first pick.

Schrager/Klatt Grade the Rams Draft –Video

Rams WR Bud Sasser On the Reasons He Can Be Successful in the NFL –Audio

Rams QB Sean Mannion Ready To Learn How to Be A Pro –Audio

Rams Rookie Rob Havenstein on His Excitement for Blocking For Gurley/Mason –Audio

Rams Had 6 Offers for their Spot in the 2nd Round –PFT
The Rams were able to swing a deal while on the clock, gaining extra third- and sixth-rounders from the Panthers because they were willing to move down.

Rams still Interested in OT Joe Barksdale, But Where Does he Fit? –Wagoner
Even after spending four draft picks, including second and third-round selections on offensive linemen, St. Louis Rams coach Jeff Fisher says the team retains interest in bringing back incumbent right tackle Joe Barksdale.

How Rams Graded Out in 2015 NFL Draft –Wagoner
It’s an annual tradition after the NFL draft for teams to get graded on how they performed during the three-day selection process.

Rams Will Wait and See on La’el Collins –Wagoner
As each round passed and LSU offensive lineman La’el Collins remained on the board, many fans of the St. Louis Rams began clamoring for the team to take a chance on him in hopes that he could become a bargain pick in the later rounds.

Kiper/McShay’s Biggest Impact Player from 2015 NFL Draft –Video

Les Snead Talks Rams’ 2015 Draft Picks –Video

Fox Sports’ Peter Schrager Picks Rams Draft As Best –Video

Georgia Head Coach Mark Richt: ‘Todd Gurley Is A Beast’ –Video

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wagoners gives the Rams Draft a grade of B-, I give wagoners opinion an F!!

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Todd McShay's best picks
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/18255/morning-ram-blings-todd-mcshays-best-picks

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The St. Louis Rams selected nine players in this year's NFL draft, and though it's way too early to judge any of the lot, it's never too early to offer an opinion on the player or players you think might help the team the most in the short and long term.

That's exactly what ESPN NFL draft analyst Todd McShay has done with his "favorite" picks from the 2015 draft. Some teams had late-round choices drawing the most praise from McShay, while others had their best picks double as their first picks.

That was the case for the St. Louis Rams, as McShay liked their choice of running back Todd Gurley at No. 10 overall the most.

McShay believes that Gurley is one of the best overall talents in the draft and said some teams considered him one of the three or so best players in the class. That's the same thinking the Rams had and the reason he was ranked near the top of their draft board.

How about you, Rams fans, who was your "favorite" pick for the team in this year's draft?

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Monday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... We began the morning with a look at the various draft grades the Rams received. ... Next, we took a look at whether the Rams will really bring offensive tackle Joe Barksdale back. ... We then examined the team's approach to the La'el Collins situation and whether they'll pursue him once more information is known. ... Finally, we looked at the Rams' offense-heavy approach in the draft.

Elsewhere:

Our news story on the Rams' trading running back Zac Stacy to the New York Jets.

Here's the breakdown of every trade made during the draft.

McShay also offered his list of the teams that improved the most in this year's draft.

At 101sports.com, Torry Holt talks about the Rams' draft.

At stltoday.com, Joe Strauss writes that the Rams fully committed to "Fisherball" with their approach to the draft.