Rams News Recap: August 15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Rams Notes: TE Cunningham in a Battle to Win a Roster Spot –PD
On more than one occasion during Rams training camp, tight end Justice Cunningham has been seen limping off the practice field. Once, he even received a short cart ride to the locker room.

Rams-Packers: 5 Things to Watch –PD

Bradford Ready for Next Step in his Return –PD
Physically, Sam Bradford has shown he’s fine. Mentally, he has shown confidence in his surgically repaired left knee — the confidence to step into his throws and scramble when necessary.

Rams-Packers Five Things to Watch –Latsch
The Rams had a youthful and injury-depleted roster for their preseason opener against the visiting Saints last Friday, but still did some positive things in their 26-24 defeat.

Rams Hoping Kenny Britt Can Be A Leader –AP
Kenny Britt had a quiet game in the St. Louis Rams’ preseason opener.

Fisher Reveals Saturday Plan for Bradford –Wagoner
Rams coach Jeff Fisher announced right after his team’s preseason opener against the Saints that quarterback Sam Bradford would play this week against the Packers.

Athlon Sports Rams 2014 Team Preview and Predictions
With a strong defense already in place, the Rams need a healthy and productive Sam Bradford if they hope to contend for a playoff spot this season

Rams Rookie DT Aaron Donald Talks About Training Camp –Radio Interview

Rams Getting Healthy at Cornerback –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams were thin at cornerback in last week’s preseason opener against the New Orleans Saints, playing without three of their top four at the position.

Jake Long’s Return Set for Next Week –Wagoner
When asked in the spring about a timetable for a return for St. Louis Rams left tackle Jake Long, coach Jeff Fisher said the hope was to get him back on the field about halfway through the preseason.

Scenes From the NFC West –Pompei
From Renton, Wash., to Santa Clara, Calif., to Glendale, Ariz., and Earth City, Mo., football’s best division keeps getting better. Here are eight training camp scenes that tell the story of the NFC West.

Morning Ram-blings: The What if Game –Wagoner
The St. Louis Rams passed on the opportunity to use the No. 2 overall pick in the 2012 NFL draft on quarterback Robert Griffin III.

Britt on Rams QB Sam Bradford: “I never had a quarterback with that accuracy” –Radio Interview

Bernie: Bradford Prepares for Return –Video

E.J. Gaines “I’m ready to put on for the fans.” –Video

Jim Thomas: Britt Giving Rams Big Boost –Video

Rams RB Zac Stacy: “It’s good to get our feet wet” –Video

Jeff Fisher: “We’re Going to Play Sam Bradford a Quarter” –Video

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Skill position battles
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/10561/morning-ram-blings-skill-position-battles

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Looking for help for your fantasy teams beyond the outstanding work of Matthew Berry and his crew?

Well, NFL Nation offered a little one-stop shopping into deeper skill position battles at each and every training camp Friday afternoon.

Each of our NFL Nation reporters provided a quick take on a battle taking place at one of the skill positions, who is leading said battle and how it could play out over the rest of the preseason and training camp.

Obviously, I handled the St. Louis Rams portion and went with wide receiver. The reality is that the Rams seem pretty well set on starters at most positions, not just the skill spots. But receiver has been in the most flux since the beginning of camp with Kenny Britt and Brian Quick emerging and Chris Givens and Austin Pettis falling.

And, of course, Stedman Bailey figures prominently when he returns from suspension. The Rams continue to say that they'll use all of their wideouts but my expectation for Week 1 at this point is that Britt, Quick and Tavon Austin will get the most opportunities when they kick off against the Minnesota Vikings on Sept. 7.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Friday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we opened the day with a look at a "what if" scenario from a suggestion by ESPN's Bill Polian. ... Next, we looked at the imminent return of left tackle Jake Long next week against Cleveland. ... From there, we delved into the return to health of some of the Rams' key components at cornerback. ... Finally, we offered a look at the plan for quarterback Sam Bradford against Green Bay.

Elsewhere:

ESPN's Jane McManus reports that the NFL is expected to toughen its standards on domestic violence.

Good read as always from columnist Kevin Seifert, who cautions not to worry too much about increased penalties around the league.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas examines the health of a number of Rams working back from injury.

Joe Lyons catches up with rookie linebacker Aaron Hill in his weekly diary.

Fox Sports' Alex Marvez takes his turn at discussing the importance of this season for Bradford.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morning Ram-blings: Skill position battles
By Nick Wagoner

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/10561/morning-ram-blings-skill-position-battles

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- Looking for help for your fantasy teams beyond the outstanding work of Matthew Berry and his crew?

Well, NFL Nation offered a little one-stop shopping into deeper skill position battles at each and every training camp Friday afternoon.

Each of our NFL Nation reporters provided a quick take on a battle taking place at one of the skill positions, who is leading said battle and how it could play out over the rest of the preseason and training camp.

Obviously, I handled the St. Louis Rams portion and went with wide receiver. The reality is that the Rams seem pretty well set on starters at most positions, not just the skill spots. But receiver has been in the most flux since the beginning of camp with Kenny Britt and Brian Quick emerging and Chris Givens and Austin Pettis falling.

And, of course, Stedman Bailey figures prominently when he returns from suspension. The Rams continue to say that they'll use all of their wideouts but my expectation for Week 1 at this point is that Britt, Quick and Tavon Austin will get the most opportunities when they kick off against the Minnesota Vikings on Sept. 7.

I.C.Y.M.I.

A roundup of Friday's Rams stories appearing on ESPN.com. ... In the Ram-blings, we opened the day with a look at a "what if" scenario from a suggestion by ESPN's Bill Polian. ... Next, we looked at the imminent return of left tackle Jake Long next week against Cleveland. ... From there, we delved into the return to health of some of the Rams' key components at cornerback. ... Finally, we offered a look at the plan for quarterback Sam Bradford against Green Bay.

Elsewhere:

ESPN's Jane McManus reports that the NFL is expected to toughen its standards on domestic violence.

Good read as always from columnist Kevin Seifert, who cautions not to worry too much about increased penalties around the league.

At stltoday.com, Jim Thomas examines the health of a number of Rams working back from injury.

Joe Lyons catches up with rookie linebacker Aaron Hill in his weekly diary.

Fox Sports' Alex Marvez takes his turn at discussing the importance of this season for Bradford.