Rams meekly sleek out of 2014

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
Now that was disappointing. I'm sure your hopes were as high as mine at the end of of the octet of pain that we'd finish well, probably not make the playoffs but will enough to give objective hope for next season. I know the defence (I'm British) is dominant but the total and utter lack of support from the offence is horrendous. I buy onto a number of the reasons, the injuries, the new defencive system, though division etc.. but I have a real concern that the coaching staff isn't capable of taking us forward. I think that Jeff Fisher has done an excellent job of making this team competitive but we need a bit more to make this team into what I think it's capable of.

What do you think?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Now that was disappointing. I'm sure your hopes were as high as mine at the end of of the octet of pain that we'd finish well, probably not make the playoffs but will enough to give objective hope for next season. I know the defence (I'm British) is dominant but the total and utter lack of support from the offence is horrendous. I buy onto a number of the reasons, the injuries, the new defencive system, though division etc.. but I have a real concern that the coaching staff isn't capable of taking us forward. I think that Jeff Fisher has done an excellent job of making this team competitive but we need a bit more to make this team into what I think it's capable of.

What do you think?

I think Jeff Fisher is perfectly capable of winning the Super Bowl. But, for that to happen, he's going to have to draft a QB in the first round, and then nothing buy offensive line the rest of the way.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think Jeff Fisher is perfectly capable of winning the Super Bowl. But, for that to happen, he's going to have to draft a QB in the first round, and then nothing buy offensive line the rest of the way.
They have to draft a good QB, not just a QB in the 1st round. I have a real fear of the Rams feeling pressured to overdraft a QB in the 1st round this next year since there probably won't be any worthy of the pick by the time they pick.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think debating whether Fisher should be back or not is futile...he will be here next year whether any of us like it or not.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I think debating whether Fisher should be back or not is futile...he will be here next year whether any of us like it or not.
Very probably, yes... but I don't know for certain.

This team has developed a reputation that even when they say things are going to be one way, they could end up another way before you know what's happened.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I think that Jeff Fisher has done an excellent job of making this team competitive but we need a bit more to make this team into what I think it's capable of. What do you think?
I think the coaching staff can do it but just needs to be more consistent. Too often have we seen them make a decision then turn 180 degrees on it and do something else. There should be no more "do-overs" after 4 games next season. Pick an identity, commit and build it this offseason so this team is playoff ready on the first snap.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
They have to draft a good QB, not just a QB in the 1st round. I have a real fear of the Rams feeling pressured to overdraft a QB in the 1st round this next year since there probably won't be any worthy of the pick by the time they pick.

I have faith in Snead and Fisher for the first round. They got G. Rob and Donald...they wanted Zach Martin too. I don't think we have to worry about them over drafting a QB. They've shown that they won't reach for that position so far. If it's not there, they won't push it.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Too soon Brit. ;) Wound is still bleeding. Hit up the vent thread.

Maybe it is a vent, but I've felt this for a while. I don't post often on here but I feel strongly about this. I know Jeff will keep his job and a do have some support for him. If we can get a solid 9-7 and our young players develop well I'll be (reasonably) happy but I'm not sure he can take us over the top. I'm thinking its a Dungy/Gruden at Tampa situation.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Maybe it is a vent, but I've felt this for a while. I don't post often on here but I feel strongly about this. I know Jeff will keep his job and a do have some support for him. If we can get a solid 9-7 and our young players develop well I'll be (reasonably) happy but I'm not sure he can take us over the top. I'm thinking its a Dungy/Grade at Tamp situation.
Interesting point. We still don't have a starting quality QB or interior OL though. If we did, and if we had the same results, I would agree 100%.

NI Ram Fam

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's fair but you see what Arizona has been able to do with the same quality of QB. I think Arians is an excellent coach though.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
You do? Even after 20 years of history?

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Interesting point. We still don't have a starting quality QB or interior OL though. If we did, and if we had the same results, I would agree 100%.

Valid points, but I just don't think Bradford is the answer any longer, or that he can stay on the field. Any guess as to how much that knee might be on his mind while on the field, especially when he feels pressure that might not even be there? We need a QB & OL men alright, but I don't see that staring QB anywhere.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Valid points, but I just don't think Bradford is the answer any longer, or that he can stay on the field. Any guess as to how much that knee might be on his mind while on the field, especially when he feels pressure that might not even be there? We need a QB & OL men alright, but I don't see that staring QB anywhere.

I couldn't agree more. Bradford is NOT the answer.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
You do? Even after 20 years of history?

Sure, having a .500 record after 20 years of coaching is no small task. People like to talk down on it, but it is an accomplishment. How many guys fizzle out after a year or 2?

My only gripe of Fisher is his unwillingness to try out fresh coordinators. He always goes back to his "good 'ole boys club".